Crobat (Nasty Plot)+

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[SET]
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Air Slash
move 3: Heat Wave
move 4: Roost / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fighting
item: Life Orb
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Although Crobat does not have the greatest Special Attack stat, its great Speed and access to Nasty Plot make it a viable special sweeper.</p>

<p>Air Slash is a solid STAB attack and complements Crobat's great Speed well in that Crobat can make use of the 30% flinch chance. Heat Wave hits Steel-type Pokemon who enjoy switching into Crobat due to their resistances to Crobat's STAB attacks. Roost is given as the primary option to recover Life Orb and Stealth Rock damage since Crobat can easily make use of it with its high Speed. While Flying / Fire isn't the greatest of coverage, it is just enough that Crobat can effectively sweep and still use Roost. However, Hidden Power Ground is also usable to dent Heatran, Rhyperior, and Tyranitar. Hidden Power Fighting is also a decent option since the type combination of Flying, Fighting, and Fire hit everything in the game for at least neutral damage. Sludge Bomb can be considered for the final slot for a secondary STAB move and is your best option against Zapdos.</p>

<p>Leftovers is always an option over Life Orb for greater survivability; however, you will lose some significant OHKOes such as the ability to OHKO Gengar with Air Slash after a Nasty Plot with Stealth Rock.</p>

<p>Although Crobat does not have the greatest Special Attack stat, its great Speed and access to Nasty Plot make it a viable special sweeper.</p>

<p>Air Slash is a solid STAB attack and complements Crobat's great Speed well in that Crobat can make use of the 30% flinch chance. Heat Wave hits Steel-type Pokemon who enjoy switching into Crobat due to their resistances to Crobat's STAB attacks. Roost is given as the primary option to recover Life Orb and Stealth Rock damage since Crobat can easily make use of it with its high Speed. While Flying / Fire isn't the greatest of coverage, it is just enough that Crobat can effectively sweep and still use Roost. However, Sludge Bomb can be used for secondary STAB and is your best option against Zapdos, who is 2HKOed if it doesn't invest in Special Defense. Hidden Power Ground is also usable to dent Heatran, Rhyperior, and Tyranitar.</p>

<p>Leftovers is always an option over Life Orb for greater survivability; however, you will lose some significant OHKOes such as the ability to OHKO Gengar with Heat Wave after a Nasty Plot with Stealth Rock.</p>

divided it because it seemed a bit stuffy all as one paragraph.

I used NP/HP Ground/Heat Wave/Sludge Bomb and it worked pretty well. Neutral Heat Wave does nearly as much as neutral Air Slash, and the base power of Sludge Bomb>Air Slash really helps against the likes of Zapdos, Salamence, Gyarados, Cresselia, water types etc, that are neutral against both Flying and Poison, and I feel HP Ground is almost necessary for Heatran. It's not like Air Slash hits much for super effective.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Updated.

I'm not comfortable removing Air Slash at all Slobroking, sorry. It's really its best STAB option.

As Caelum said;

Why remove Air Slash - the 30% flinch rate is godly...
Also the STAB makes it: 75 + 37.5 = 102.5 + 30% flinch rate...

So overall: Air Slash > other options.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My Bulky Plotbat set:

name: Bulky Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Air Slash
move 3: Hidden Power [Fighting]
move 4: Roost
item: Black Sludge
nature: Timid
evs: 236 HP/236 Spe/36 SpA

Bulky Plotbat switches into fighting and bug attacks with near impunity, and fast Roost allows it to take electric and ice attacks quite well. It lacks power until Nasty Plot is used, but otherwise has great coverage. Against Blissey's without Thunder Wave, you have enough defensive ability to win the stall war, although you need to get lucky with flinches.

Note on Air Slash: Air Slash hits everything SE than Sludge Bomb does (+a lot more), but nothing is immune to it, and 130 Base Speed + flinch is awesome.

Crobat gets Heat Wave the way most flying types do, by flapping a warm wave of air under its wings. That appears to be the logic, anyway.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
I've used a bulky bat before. I ran slightly different EVs. I've found if you run a bulkier bat flying + fighting is the best combination and if I've run a purely offensive flying + fire + ground is the best combination. Sludge Bomb is basically for Zapdos so I'm going to remove it as a primary option in the final slot. I'll probably add Set Comments on the possibility of a bulkier bat as well but I'm not certain its necessary.

I tried the BulkyBat to see if it was effective. I was really disappointed. Even when I get in 2 Nasty Plots the damage output is incredibly underwhelming when that is your only type coverage. Basically you need 3 NP's to really do some damage and that isn't easy. It still has those electric, ice, and rock weaknesses that will put the word "bulky" to shame. Not to mention the amount of Blisseys and Rotoms that wall you and carry t-wave and other pokes as well as the 25 percent your getting from SR.

Sludge Bomb never has, and never will have, the best coverages, but is still
a BP 90*1.5=135 BP move. At least consider it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)