Crit clause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there are all these clauses that you can select when you're challenging somebody in shoddy battle, sleep clause, evasion clause, freeze clause, etc. I was just wondering why there isn't a crit clause that prevents critical hits from occurring? Personally speaking, I've had critical hits come in at the worst times and they often sway the battle in favor of my opponent. I wouldn't mind seeing crit clause be an option to select from. Maybe not for ladder battles but for challenges, where both parties can agree to it.

Then Defense boosting would get way too hard to beat.
But people normally don't rely on crits to defeat defense boostings right? They use roar or something to make the defense boosted pokemon lose the status gains... Or they taunt to prevent it from happening? o.o

if there's a crit clause, then people would ask for no flinch clause, no miss clause, no secondary effect clause etc etc..

Since this is pokemon, there are luck factors involved. It may be annoying sometimes but you have to just deal with it.

Does it hurt anyone if we implement it? I don't think so. Like the guy said, it doesn't have to be in Ladder Matches, just standard challenges. I think it's a great idea for people who hate hax and this will be the way to somehow fix the most gay hax ever, Crits.

Personally I don't mind but people I know are hax complainers so it will be awesome if they shut their mouth saying they lost because of hax. It's annoying :P

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Implementing clauses that modify the game's engine is not something that is going to happen (anymore).

But people normally don't rely on crits to defeat defense boostings right? They use roar or something to make the defense boosted pokemon lose the status gains... Or they taunt to prevent it from happening? o.o
That's because any smart person using defense boosting techniques guards against Critical Hits with Substitute.

My opinion: If a single Critical Hit costs you the match, you deserved to lose it. Pokemon is a game of the long term, regardless.

This is philosophically incompatible with what Smogon is currently doing. Crits are (sadly imo but whatever) a key component of Pokémon mechanics, and we currently adhere to the philosophy of being able to control what is brought into battle but not the mechanics of battle. Many people want to get rid of mechanics-modifying clauses as is. If you would like to play without critical hits, you are welcome to create your own modified server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)