Crisis Core V3 [Won by Melvni]

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The first poke that came to mind was eelektross, so damnit Joshua!
That being said, reserving Duosion
EDIT: and Solrock. Someone can take Duosion if they want

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Psych Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Charge Beam
- Rest

you can burn both pokemon and stall them out. piloswine has no recovery and will die to burn damage while braviary can be beaten by multiple charge beams. in the case that it accumulates a lot of boosts, rotom can use psych up to negate them.

252+ Atk Piloswine Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-F: 44-52 (14.47 - 17.1%) -- possible 6HKO

0 Atk Braviary Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-F: 53-63 (17.43 - 20.72%) -- possible 5HKO

4 SpA Rotom-F Charge Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Braviary: 102-120 (25.24 - 29.7%) -- possible 4HKO

Rotom-F @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Timid nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain split

So, first, the scenario where Piloswine's in first:
252Atk Piloswine (+Atk) Icicle Crash vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Levitate Rotom (Neutral): 24% - 29% (60 - 71 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.
252Atk burned Piloswine (+Atk) Icicle Crash vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Levitate Rotom (Neutral): 12% - 14% (30 - 36 HP). Guaranteed 9HKO.
So upon switching into SR and an Icicle crash, Rotom's at worst at 47% after leftovers. Use Will-o-wisp, Pain Split and Will-o-wisp again if the first one misses. You'll be at something like 230/242 HP after the Pain split, worst case scenario barring crits. After Will-o-miss finally connects, you're pretty much golden. Start spamming Blizzard to prevent Braviary from switching in, and wait until Piloswine dies from the burn. You might have to Pain split once more if the first WoW missed.

Regardless, there's no way that Piloswine could actually kill you here bar some contrived scenario where he crits twice in a row, Blizzard misses all 8 times, and Pilo hits every single Icicle crash.

Braviary switches in and does
0Atk Braviary (Neutral) Brave Bird vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Levitate Rotom (Neutral): 29% - 35% (72 - 86 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
while Rotom-F responds with
252SpAtk Rotom (Neutral) Thunderbolt vs 252HP/240SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 58% - 68% (236 - 278 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
And even if Rotom comes in with 1% HP, a Pain Split will bring Rotom back to 83%, easily surviving two B-birds and 2HKOing in response.

For Braviary leading, it's much of the same story. There's absolutely no way for Braviary to get in more than two unboosted hits, and that's actually his max-damage. So worst-case scenario, after SRs and leftovers, Rotom's somewhere around 23 - 25% HP. Piloswine's Ice shard only does 14% damage max, so Rotom can safely Pain Split (to full, or nearly full health, I might add) and repeat the burning/stalling strategy until Piloswine also falls.

Edit: Ah, dangit, that's what I get for writing a long post. Ninja'd by FLCL. Disregard this submission, then.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 100 Spd / 252 HP / 156 Def
Bold Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Toxic
- Power Gem
- Flash Cannon
(Sturdy is useless cos' SR and no recovery, so Sand Force is used in case a lovely Sandstorm gives me more power lol)

A Probopass capable of removing its Ground weakness takes a huge dump on nearly every STAB Earthquake user...if it wasn't outsped by nearly all of them. Thankfully, our big-nosed friend can shine here. Due to his unfortunate speed, Probopass has to invest a hefty 100 Speed EVs just to get the drop on Piloswine. Is it worth the heavy investment? Hell yeah, as not only Probopass takes squat from anything after Magnet Rise, but it also deals with both of them with zero investment in offense. The Stealth Rock resistance helps too.

252Atk Piloswine (+Atk) Icicle Crash vs 252HP/156Def Sturdy Probopass (+Def): 11% - 13% (38 - 45 HP). Guaranteed 9HKO.
0Atk Braviary (Neutral) Brave Bird vs 252HP/156Def Sturdy Probopass (+Def): 6% - 8% (22 - 27 HP). Guaranteed 15HKO.
0Atk +3 Braviary (Neutral) Brave Bird vs 252HP/156Def Sturdy Probopass (+Def): 17% - 20% (57 - 67 HP). Guaranteed 6HKO.
0Atk +6 Braviary (Neutral) Brave Bird vs 252HP/156Def Sturdy Probopass (+Def): 27% - 32% (90 - 106 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
To say it tickles is an overstatement: even Bravairy's maximum powered Brave Bird has no chance to nab the 3HKO. The Air Balloon gives Probopass a safe switch-in on the duo: don't worry that Braviary pops your balloon before Piloswine does, point is you didn't get EQed to death. If you're facing Piloswine, you Magnet Rise as Pilo thinks he's in the clear after popping your balloon and BAM! They just wasted their turn, and this time the Ground immunity needs to be stalled out instead of just poking at it. While Braviary is known to triumph over Rock types, Power Gem + Toxic Probopass is not one of them. Even if Braviary Roosts to weaken Power Gem, a well-timed Toxic puts the American avian out of the count.

0SpAtk Probopass (Neutral) Power Gem vs 252HP/240SpDef Braviary (+SpDef): 25% - 31% (104 - 126 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
0SpAtk Probopass (Neutral) Flash Cannon vs 240HP/0SpDef Eviolite Piloswine (Neutral): 34% - 40% (138 - 164 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.
What makes Probopass such a worthy investment is that it requires ZERO investment (not even a positive nature) to 3HKO Pilo and break Brav's Subs, allowing it to compensate for the heavy speed investment by dumping the other EVs in bulk. However, full offensive investment can still be used to bump from 3HKOing-->2HKOing Pilo 100% of the time in exchange for getting 3HKOed by +6 Braviary's Brave Bird (not that it'll get that far if you've played well at all). Flash Cannon easily deals with Pilo whereas Braviary will expose himself to a Toxic sooner or later with those Power Gems shooting his Subs down. This pretty much shows that whether it's defensive or offensive, Magnet Rise Probo handles this core with eyes facing south (hurr hurr).

While Leftovers drastically improves this matchup, Probopass has to be able to come in no matter what, including into an EQ, so I've no choice but to equip the living compass with the most logically-defying toy in existance (How can you lift a Groudon into the air, not get massacred by pointy stones, and get popped by Bubble!?).

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Curse
- Toxic

Alomomola (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

The premise of the core is simple: sweep with Curse Regirock in 3 steps: A) Alomomola switches into both Piloswine's EQ and Braviary's Brave Bird and uses Wish .

252+ Atk Piloswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 126-148 (23.59 - 27.71%) -- possible 4HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Braviary Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 129-153 (24.15 - 28.65%) -- possible 4HKO after Stealth Rock
B)After using Wish, switch into Regirock. Regirock will take the damage and have its health fully recovered due to Alomomola's Wish.

252+ Atk Piloswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Regirock: 150-176 (41.2 - 48.35%) -- 15.63% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Braviary Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Regirock: 38-45 (10.43 - 12.36%) -- 9HKO at best
C) Use Curse. After a Curse, Piloswine can't 2HKO Regirock anymore while the rock peak Pokemon demolishes Piloswine with Drain Punch.

+1 252 Atk Regirock Drain Punch vs. 240 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Piloswine: 164-194 (40.89 - 48.37%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Against Braviary, it's even better since Regirock can beat it with a well-timed Toxic after a Roost and prevents itself from being PP stalled or just hit hard with STAB SE Rock Slide.

252 Atk Regirock Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Braviary: 260-308 (64.35 - 76.23%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hm, I may be wrong here, but I think the core can actually bypass our friend Probo here if it tries to come in on Piloswine. It takes a ridiculous amount of max damage rolls, but here's my chain of events:
Probo switches into Icicle crash and SR, for 45 + 20 = 65 damage. 259 HP left.
Probo's forced to use Magnet rise, Pilo uses Icicle crash again. 214 HP left.
Flash cannon, Icicle crash. Pilo can take 2 hits left, 169 HP left.
Repeat. Pilo can take 1 hit, 124 HP left.
Pilo uses Ice shard, but Flash cannon KOs. At worst, 103 HP left.

Now here's the thing:
0Atk +2 Sheer Force Braviary (Neutral) Brave Bird vs 252HP/156Def Sturdy Probopass (+Def): 13% - 16% (45 - 53 HP). Guaranteed 8HKO.
53 damage, max rolls. So using two turns to get to +2, and another two to attack gives us a dead Probopass... With Braviary barely hanging on to life itself after the recoil and the Power gems. Using Toxic on the first Bulk up results in Braviary dying to poison right after Probopass falls, but if he Subs as you Toxic first turn you're in a worse situation than before, without having to rely on these max damage shenanigans. (7 max rolls, a chance of something like one out of two hundred million... I'd consider this a hard counter, honestly, but the chance is still out there =P)

Edit: Not sure if I'm allowed to have a second go at this since I already posted a set, but that Pokémon had already been claimed while I was finishing my post. Anyways, hopefully that won't make this one illegal.

Edit2: Apparently, I've been ninja'd again by Shuckleking calling Solrock as well... His edit reserving it was at 9:58:48 and mine with the set above was at 10:02:41. This is just starting to get very, very unfortunate. Mods, or anyone else, should I just delete the sets I have posted since they were technically called before I finished posting?

Punchshroom

Yeah, there's that small chance, though Braviary is the easier one to switch into (like Musharna in the first core) due to the need to setup, while Pilo is the problem poke in this one. Honestly, both defensive and offensive Probo have about an equal chance of beating the duo: Offensive Probo 2HKOes Pilo but the damage it takes is equivalent to the defensive one anyway. The best oppurtunity to Toxic Braviary is on the Roost however, as Braviary cannot risk Subbing until he can't anymore. You just need to play well/better against Braviary, especialy if you've taken quite some damage.

Edit: 4 max damage Icicle Crashes (1 on the switch, 1 on Magnet Rise, 2 before getting 3HKOed) and Ice Shard puts Probo at ~48%. That's still quite plenty for Probo to land that Toxic on Braviary with good play.

Edit2: Apparently, I've been ninja'd again by Shuckleking calling Solrock as well... His edit reserving it was at 9:58:48 and mine with the set above was at 10:02:41. This is just starting to get very, very unfortunate. Mods, or anyone else, should I just delete the sets I have posted since they were technically called before I finished posting?
Wow, that's quite a bummer dude. Hopefully you can find something soon and reserve it as soon as you are able!

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Roar
- Fire Punch
- Crunch

Simipour @ Life Orb
Trait: Gluttony
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Def
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Okay so, Rampardos switches in. Braviary gets scared - if it's sub already, then Rampardos uses Roar to switch to Piloswine, if it tries to attack, then Rampardos can survive two hits and uses Head Smash.

252+ Atk Life Orb Rampardos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Braviary: 1061-1250 (262.62 - 309.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 Atk Braviary Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Rampardos: 83-98 (24.77 - 29.25%) -- possible 4HKO
Braviary would much rather switch to Piloswine at this point rather than die, idm because

Head Smash: 82.92 - 97.77%
Look what it's switching into! So most of the time it's safe to Head Smash, but just in case Braviary wants to fuck around, that's what Roar is for. Also +6 Braviary,

+6 0 Atk Braviary Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Rampardos: 331-390 (98.8 - 116.41%) -- 93.75% chance to OHKO
Still can't -always- OHKO. And by that time it's been Roared out and Simipour can take out Piloswine.

When Roared out, Piloswine comes! Now all Simipour needs to do is switch in.

It switches into Piloswine and survives Ice Shard as it's only like 10% damage.

252+ SpA Life Orb Simipour Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 463-549 (114.6 - 135.89%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Piloswine Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Simipour: 157-186 (53.76 - 63.69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
After SR it suvives too!

Also,

252+ SpA Life Orb Simipour Ice Beam vs. 80 HP / 240 SpD Braviary: 234-278 (64.81 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Braviary can Sub, but Simipour can break it and Rampardos can finish it off, surviving Brave Birds, etc.

Also, if Piloswine is in, Simipour switches in, and it plays out like scenario 2. I also feel like I c/ped a calc wrong somewhere, w/e.

Punchshroom

I don't get why you even have Fire Punch on Rampardos, you might as well have Superpower for the chance to OHKO Pilo without losing tons of health.
252Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Rampardos (+Atk) Superpower vs 240HP/0Def Eviolite Piloswine (Neutral): 89% - 105% (358 - 422 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 32% chance to OHKO.
Also,
252+ SpA Life Orb Simipour Ice Beam vs. 80 HP / 240 SpD Braviary: 234-278 (64.81 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That's 252 HP.

Anyway, I'd still call your core somewhat shaky. Relying on Hydro Pump to take down Pilo is risky and can easily cost you your duo. The fact that Braviary outspeeds Rampardos should you bring down Pilo can complicate things further....and you don't even have Hydro Pump, much less Torrent over the useless Gluttony on Simipour anyway. Should you stick with Surf, at least Torrent can nab you the 100% OHKO that an unboosted Surf fails at.
252SpAtk Life Orb Simipour (+SAtk) Surf vs 240HP/0SpDef Eviolite Thick Fat Piloswine (Neutral): 91% - 108% (368 - 434 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 50% chance to OHKO.
252SpAtk Life Orb Torrent Simipour (+SAtk) Surf vs 240HP/0SpDef Eviolite Thick Fat Piloswine (Neutral): 136% - 162% (548 - 650 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
Perhaps I should hit the final nail in the coffin on why this core is shaky. Here's how I predict a haxfree scenario:
Turn 1: Rampardos come into Braviary, Braviary Subs/Brave Birds.
Turn 2: Braviary Brave Birds/Subs. Rampardos Head Smashes and takes some recoil.
Turn 3: Braviary switches to Pilo. Rampardos Head Smashes and both sides take a fuckton of damage.
Turn 4: Pilo finishes Rampardos with Ice Shard, Simipour switches in / Simipour switches in on Ice Shard / Opponent decides to kill off Rampardos via LO recoil, Simipour switches in on EQ.
Turn 5: Piloswine Ice Shards, Simipour hits Pilo with Surf and KOes.
Turn 6: Simipour hits Braviary with Ice Beam for 57% - 68%, Braviary retaliates with Brave Bird and KOes. (If Simipour switches in on Ice Shard, it has ~60% health before Brave Bird, ~70% if not but Rampardos would be KOed, insta-lose if Simipour switched in on EQ)
Turn 7: SR plus recoil weakens Rampardos enough to be KOed by Brave Bird.

There's a chance of a tie there due to Brave Bird recoil, but the odds are still against you. So what if you have Hydro Pump on Simipour? So you're saying you'd rely on THREE 80% accurate moves hitting the opponent just to beat their core? Ever had 3 Stone Edges hit when they needed to in one battle? Even if miraculously so, doesn't happen often, does it? Your core relies on 80% accurate moves to bring down their core whereas they have 100% accurate moves that can lay a beating on yours every time. Not to mention using Surf while unboosted only gives you a 50% chance for a OHKO. Conclusion: Not a counter.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a filler move really, given I didn't need to touch Piloswine, but sure Superpower can fit, plus Piloswine can threaten Rampardos and I'd much rather not try to predict what Braviary/Piloswine are going to do if it involves -1 against Bulk Up Braviary, and almost always I'll just Head Smash since that's still a lot of damage to Piloswine (so ya only works with Roar, but the other way is more complicated and works too - but it's less safer switching into Braviary at that point and I'd rather leave the kill on Piloswine for Simipour to do).

252+ SpA Life Orb Simipour Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Braviary: 234-278 (57.92 - 68.81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And no diff really. Still gets me to where I need to get (also I calc'd prior to this using the pre-determined sets on PS' calc then tried to edit after lmao).

Punchshroom

Perhaps there was a better way in going about this. You could've tried a faster SD Rampardos with Lefties to piss Braviary's pants and not be at an automatic disadvantage (and thus less need to switch) against Pilo. Simipour at that point can be used as back up if Rampardos falls, setting up Nasty Plot on either without taking a hit on the switch-in and ending everyone with your powerful moves. That said, both cannot switch into Piloswine, so your core is still...iffy, if not unviable for countering as opposed to checking.

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
You may post as many sets as needed as long as you haven't been proven wrong. You can delete The part of your posts where you post the set since it's basicaly giving it away to the one who reserved it. What I suggest for the future is that you immediatly resereve the mon you want to use and then you modify your post or make another post with the set to make sure no one ninja's you. Sorry for your bad luck, but I have to apply the rules :(

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
Conclusion: Not a counter.
okay cherub and I tested it, and the prediction part came in, meaning he did beat it.

but. @ sweetjesus: the core itself can beat braviary/pilo, it's just with a slightly altered set(s). would that count as outright not allowed to edit, or not? because the core can win, as opposed to cores which outright can't beat them.

so yeah punchshroom was right, skylight and i tested the core out and it didnt work :/

skylight joined.
CherubAgent joined.
Format:
NU
Sleep Clause: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Evasion Abilities Clause: Evasion abilities are banned

CherubAgent's team:
Golurk / Kangaskhan / Piloswine / Braviary / Roselia / Electabuzz
skylight's team:
Rampardos / Simipour / Torchic

skylight: torchic is filler
skylight: so you can sr
CherubAgent: dawww torchic
Battle between skylight and CherubAgent started!
skylight sent out Torchic!
Go! Piloswine!

Turn 1
Piloswine used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The foe's Torchic used Swords Dance!
The foe's Torchic's Attack sharply rose!

Turn 2
Sawkem joined.
CherubAgent: now
skylight: oh
CherubAgent: should i le you get in or what
skylight: i switch in
CherubAgent: or go to brav
skylight: no just attack
CherubAgent: k
skylight: what'd you do
skylight: would you attack or
skylight: lol
skylight withdrew Torchic!
skylight sent out Simipour!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Simipour!
Piloswine used Earthquake!
The foe's Simipour lost 63% of its health!

Turn 3
CherubAgent: id attack
Piloswine, come back!
Go! Braviary!
The foe's Simipour used Hydro Pump!
Braviary lost 52% of its health!
The foe's Simipour lost some of its HP!
Braviary restored HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 4
skylight: let's hope i calc'd dis
CherubAgent: lol
CherubAgent: GL
Braviary, come back!
Go! Piloswine!
The foe's Simipour used Ice Beam!
Piloswine lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Simipour lost some of its HP!

Turn 5
skylight: okay yeah if you switch to braviary im fucked
Piloswine used Ice Shard!
It's not very effective... The foe's Simipour lost 4% of its health!
The foe's Simipour fainted!
skylight sent out Rampardos!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Rampardos!
The foe's Rampardos breaks the mold!

Turn 6
skylight: IF ONLY I ASSED SUPERPOWER
The foe's Rampardos used Head Smash!
Piloswine lost 85% of its health!
The foe's Rampardos is damaged by recoil!
The foe's Rampardos lost some of its HP!
Piloswine fainted!
Go! Braviary!

Turn 7
Braviary used Brave Bird!
It's not very effective... The foe's Rampardos lost 27% of its health!
Braviary is damaged by recoil!
The foe's Rampardos fainted!
Braviary restored HP using its Leftovers!
CherubAgent: oops
Sawkem left.
skylight: hmm so
skylight: would've you predicted that normally
skylight: that's the question
CherubAgent: yeah
CherubAgent: i would have
CherubAgent: no way
CherubAgent: am i leaving pilo
CherubAgent: in on a simipour
skylight: lmao
skylight: ya sr and lo fucks me
skylight: ill give in
CherubAgent: :/
CherubAgent: try
CherubAgent: specs?
skylight: but i cant edit now
skylight: because he proved wrong
CherubAgent: ah true
skylight: or can i
skylight: because the core CAN
CherubAgent: idk
skylight: its just the wrong way...
skylight: hmmm
skylight: let's ask!
CherubAgent: go ahead :P
CherubAgent: should i save thi log

that said it probbaly would have worked had skylight had torrent and superpower

Punchshroom

okay cherub and I tested it, and the prediction part came in, meaning he did beat it.

but. @ sweetjesus: the core itself can beat braviary/pilo, it's just with a slightly altered set(s). would that count as outright not allowed to edit, or not? because the core can win, as opposed to cores which outright can't beat them.
Well the rules did say:
You can only post 1 set of counter(s) per core, even if your core has been proven wrong! (Don't modify your post after being proved wrong, we'll catch you).
Your core has proven to not be solid counters to the BravPilo core, the main problem being that either poke cannot switch into Pilo's EQ. They can definitely handle Braviary and Pilo with the right moves and spread, but I think it's too late to edit your sets at this point.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Oh damn I forgot about weezing! :<

Braviary@Choice band
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Rock slide
-Brave bird

Well, this thing is a great counter for at least piloswine, but also braviary. With enough power to do... well this:

252Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Braviary (+Atk) Superpower vs 240HP/0Def Eviolite Thick Fat Piloswine (Neutral): 82% - 97% (332 - 392 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

Plus stealth rocks = OHKO

Oh, and in terms of Braviary, well my main strategy I thought off was either having a rock slide set up already.
252Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Braviary (+Atk) Rock Slide vs 252HP/0Def Braviary (Neutral): 105% - 124% (428 - 504 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Or U-turn out into something to have him kill braviary instead.
Oh, or you can just brave bird from the thing that was in before, or you could have come in to revenge that piloswine that is killed while weakened by brave bird.
252Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Braviary (+Atk) Brave Bird vs 252HP/0Def Braviary (Neutral): 97% - 114% (393 - 463 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 84% chance to OHKO.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Icicle spear vs. CB braviary 81-97%. Easy KO. In order foor it to be a counter It must be able to switch safely in on any attack.

Oh damn I forgot about weezing! :<

Braviary@Choice band
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Rock slide
-Brave bird

Well, this thing is a great counter for at least piloswine, but also braviary. With enough power to do... well this:

252Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Braviary (+Atk) Superpower vs 240HP/0Def Eviolite Thick Fat Piloswine (Neutral): 82% - 97% (332 - 392 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

Plus stealth rocks = OHKO

Oh, and in terms of Braviary, well my main strategy I thought off was either having a rock slide set up already.
252Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Braviary (+Atk) Rock Slide vs 252HP/0Def Braviary (Neutral): 105% - 124% (428 - 504 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Or U-turn out into something to have him kill braviary instead.
Oh, or you can just brave bird from the thing that was in before, or you could have come in to revenge that piloswine that is killed while weakened by brave bird.
252Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Braviary (+Atk) Brave Bird vs 252HP/0Def Braviary (Neutral): 97% - 114% (393 - 463 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 84% chance to OHKO.
This alone is not enough. Your Braviary checks both, but I refuse to call it a counter. After killing Piloswine, you are choice-locked into Superpower, which you used twice, and that means you are at -2 Atk and the opposing SubBU Braviary, which now comes in, can set up on you, as even after SR it can safely use Bulk Up, so you can no longer break its Substitutes, which means you are forced out and have to switch to something you don't have, since you are using only one Pokémon to counter.

-2 252 Atk Choice Band Braviary Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Braviary: 120-142 (29.7 - 35.14%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Another thing is, if you come in on SubBU Braviary's Substitute, or Bulk Up, you can no longer OHKO it, which means the opposing Braviary can hit you hard with a Brave Bird.

0 Atk Braviary Brave Bird vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Braviary: 195-231 (54.01 - 63.98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Then, assumed the best case scenario for you; a dead Braviary:
252+ Atk Piloswine Ice Shard vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Braviary: 152-182 (42.1 - 50.41%) -- 1.17% chance to 2HKO
These two attacks will be enough to KO your CB Braviary, even without SR... and you don't even have 80 HP EV's, but 4 (I forgot to change it in the calculator, but it does not matter as it only made you be KO'd easier).

Edit: Also, with Piloswine, you have no safe switch in, and if you switched into an Ice Shard (let alone a more powerful attack) you have taken enough damage to be put into another Ice Shards KO range, especially when taking SR into account.

This seemed like a fun counter, so here we go

Piloswine @ Eviolite
252 HP/ 4 Spe/252 Def
-Curse
-Icicle Spear
-Rest
-Roar

Switching into Piloswine: The opposing Pilo's EQ deals a maximum of
252Atk Piloswine (+Atk) Earthquake vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Thick Fat Piloswine (+Def): 20% - 24% (84 - 99 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.

Proceed to set up with Curse,

252Atk Piloswine (+Atk) Earthquake vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite +1 Thick Fat Piloswine (+Def): 14% - 16% (57 - 67 HP). Guaranteed 8HKO.

Resting when needed, at +1 Braviary switching in on Curse is Roared out and setup continues, eventually there are too many Curse boosts accumulated for Braviary to safely set up even when Piloswine is sleeping.

Switching into Braviary:

Bulk Up: +1 Braviary deals 0Atk +1 Sheer Force Braviary (Neutral) Brave Bird vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Thick Fat Piloswine (+Def): 31% - 37% (129 - 153 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.

Piloswine proceeds to Curse, after which

0Atk +1 Sheer Force Braviary (Neutral) Brave Bird vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite +1 Thick Fat Piloswine (+Def): 21% - 25% (85 - 102 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.

As Braviary is roared out, dealing a maximum of 62% over 2 turns.

At +1 opposing Piloswine deals a maximum of 16%, while you Rest. Braviary switching in on you at +1 deals

0Atk Sheer Force Braviary (Neutral) Brave Bird vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite +1 Thick Fat Piloswine (+Def): 14% - 17% (58 - 69 HP). Guaranteed 7HKO.

With Brave Bird

Optimally it can Bulk Up then Brave Bird twice for two hits at

0Atk +1 Sheer Force Braviary (Neutral) Brave Bird vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite +1 Thick Fat Piloswine (+Def): 21% - 25% (85 - 102 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.

Before it is roared out again, another Curse is set up on Piloswine, then another Rest.

Continue cycle until victory

Alternatively vs Braviary, take the first +1 Brave Bird and Roar out immediately, proceed to set up 1 Curse against Piloswine as it EQs. Basically the same idea, but if you feel nervous about letting Braviary stack boosts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)