Cresselia and Regice wall combination?

I was looking for walls for a team I was putting together (my earlier teams only really had Lanturn :/, not saying Lanturns bad, he's awesome, but he needs some support lovin')) and I've always wanted to use one of the Regi's in my team, but in this day and metagame there really isn't any room for them. So I decided I'd look for a walling combination to see if I could find another pokemon that could cover for it when a counter switches in, and the best I could come up with is Cresselia.

Typing wise it works kinda, with a defense orientated Cresselia and a special orientated Regice, Cress is resistant to fighting and neutral to everything else thats SE to Regice, and most people will switch into a physical attacker when faced with it. Regice is also neutral to the attacks Cresselia is weak to, and most (barring Crunch users) will switch into a special attacker.

I can see pokemon like Tyranitar, Heracross and Scizor being a bit of an issue with this combo though, being SE to both pokemon. I'm going to use Scizor in this team, who can take hits from dark, bug and fighting attacks fairly well (My team looks like its going to be a parafusionflinchhax Regigigas, def. Cresselia, sp.def Regice, sp.def Lanturn, tank Scizor, and No Guard Machamp).

I'd like to see peoples views on a Cresselia and Regice as a wall combination, critique away.

Cresselia + random poke = win

Seriously, Cresselia could dual wall on its own. If you're looking for a good combo, use Cresselia and Forretress or something. If you're worried about TTar or Heracross, just put in a counter for them, say Weavile. No 2 pokes can do everything.

I understand that, I'm asking whether its usable or if its just a horrible horrible idea. Weavile sounds like a good poke to slip in.
Yeah, its a good "combo", nothing ground breaking, but it will definitly be a solid "combo"

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
If you're worried about TTar or Heracross, just put in a counter for them, say Weavile.
Weavile is not a counter for either of those, as it can't switch into them.

Really, there's not much of a point to rating wall "combos". Sticking a physical wall and a special wall together will generally work fine, provided they're not beaten by the same pokemon, which these two actually are. Honestly, Blissey in place of Regice is a better combo in my opinion. Nevertheless, it's not likely that either of these two will actually cost you too many games. I understand you wanting to know if your idea will work out, but I don't really think it's threadworthy. You could always post an RMT when you complete your team.

Regice doesn't really work well with Cresselia. Regice's walling capabilities have been shot because it takes 25% damage from Stealth Rock, and it has no reliable form of recovery. Life Orb'd Brick Break from 372 attack Weavile on Calm Max HP/Min Def Regice is a guarenteed 2HKO even without Stealth Rock, and Cresselia definitely isn't staying in on Night Slash.

its decent, but you know how devestating heracross would be.
weezing and spirittomb is an AWESOME combo.
we all know spiritomb rapes psychic types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)