Create Your Own Adventure - Comic

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
We can use the original opening to Pearl, but we can tweak it instead of using all of it.

I see it like this:
A college kid comes home for summer vacation to hang out with old friends. His best friend/rival attends the same college, so they go home together. Later, after unpacking the protagonist's car, they decide to take a walk. They bump into the protagonist's old childhood friend (if the protagonist is male, we'll assume that this childhood friend is the opposite gender). This can meeting can be used as the start of a romantic relationship between the two (childhood friend and protagonist, that is...). Anyways, she (or he, depending on the protagonist's gender, once again), tells the protagonist that she's been an intern for a local professor, and the story continues from there...

So anyways, that's what I sort of see becoming an opening scenario. Throwing the college ball around is probably the safest way to produce a reason for the protagonist returning home. The only issue is finding a way to have the protagonist meet Cubone.

We can use the original opening to Pearl, but we can tweak it instead of using all of it.

I see it like this:
A college kid comes home for summer vacation to hang out with old friends. His best friend/rival attends the same college, so they go home together. Later, after unpacking the protagonist's car, they decide to take a walk. They bump into the protagonist's old childhood friend (if the protagonist is male, we'll assume that this childhood friend is the opposite gender). This can meeting can be used as the start of a romantic relationship between the two (childhood friend and protagonist, that is...). Anyways, she (or he, depending on the protagonist's gender, once again), tells the protagonist that she's been an intern for a local professor, and the story continues from there...

So anyways, that's what I sort of see becoming an opening scenario. Throwing the college ball around is probably the safest way to produce a reason for the protagonist returning home. The only issue is finding a way to have the protagonist meet Cubone.
Only problem with this for me is a distinct lack of grittiness; sure, we've boosted the average age of the characters and modified the story accordingly, but unless you had something in mind to happen later on and make things grittier, there's none of that here. As far as Cubone is concerned, he could easily be a Pokemon befriended in childhood or while at college if going by your story. The college idea is good, but there needs to be something gritty there as well.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
The above scenario is only a shortened and sweetened version. I'm sure that anyone could take it and add plenty of grittiness to it. I'm just throwing out an idea that we can work with.

I see it like this:

Only problem with this for me is a distinct lack of grittiness; sure, we've boosted the average age of the characters and modified the story accordingly, but unless you had something in mind to happen later on and make things grittier, there's none of that here. As far as Cubone is concerned, he could easily be a Pokemon befriended in childhood or while at college if going by your story. The college idea is good, but there needs to be something gritty there as well.
The above scenario is only a shortened and sweetened version. I'm sure that anyone could take it and add plenty of grittiness to it. I'm just throwing out an idea that we can work with.

I like that you guys are thinking about this! Unfortunately the community's input is over for the time being... I have already sketched up the Prologue which will not have a decision built in but will set up the premise of the story and introduce the main character. I have also laid out a sketch of the 1st chapter at the end of which you guys will get some decision making power again.

I will just tell you one thing... shit got gritty REAL fast, lol.

I like that you guys are thinking about this! Unfortunately the community's input is over for the time being... I have already sketched up the Prologue which will not have a decision built in but will set up the premise of the story and introduce the main character. I have also laid out a sketch of the 1st chapter at the end of which you guys will get some decision making power again.

I will just tell you one thing... shit got gritty REAL fast, lol.
I kind of like where you're going with last sentence. lol

Anyway, when will we get to see your masterpiece?

I kind of like where you're going with last sentence. lol

Anyway, when will we get to see your masterpiece?
This is my 2nd to last semester of college and this next week (last week of classes) is CRAZY. I have a ton of projects due this week not to even speak of the stuff I have to do for my job. Hopefully I will be able to get it soon otherwise it might not be till Friday.... though likely I will neglect something else in favor of doing this so it will probably be sooner, lol.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Yes, SlimMan, have you ever REALLY raised a Cubone before? I never have. And it is kind of a shame that it is almost impossible to get a Thick Club, because that could have worked well.

Yes, SlimMan, have you ever REALLY raised a Cubone before? I never have. And it is kind of a shame that it is almost impossible to get a Thick Club, because that could have worked well.
Yeah... I mean it makes sense that it is rare because doubling the attack stat is pretty damn good, BUT it is also only for use by cubone and marrowak so I think it should be a bit easier to obtain.

No. But in Nintendo strategy guides, online pokemon FAQs, and even in information areas (such as Smogon's item section) it tells that Thick Club doubles Cubone's attack.

I wasn't mocking Studio534. If I were, I would've been a bit more boorish in my post. I was curious, becuase I thought it was common knowledge, seeing as it boosts Marowak's attack.

Then again, someone would have to look for it to know all about it, and I suppose that Thick Club isn't something you go home and Google.

If I offended you 534, then I'm sorry.

I have one if you want it; but I currently don't have wifi, so it might be awhile. (I dodn't cheat on my game)
Well its better than nothing! Just let me know if/when you get wifi. Things are going fine so far without it but it would be a nice boost if it ever happens. Thank Albinoloon!

Good news everyone!

The prologue should be posted tonight. Took awhile to get used to the tablet/drawing again and color has taken forever too. The others should be quicker, lol.

WWWWOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Shit did get gritty real quick. I WANT EPISODE 1!!!! (cliffhangers piss me off, but don't worry i liek em. wait, does that even make sense?)

Anywayz, GREAT WORK!!! Can't wait for the next part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)