Create Brand Name, Win Art!

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
FINISHED, KAMIKAEN WINS!

Want to get a free drawing from me? Then help me come up with a brand name for my final project!
It's a collection of school supplies based on exotic animals targeted towards 5-10 year olds. The products include folders, notebooks, flash cards, stickers, and a placemat of the world to put the stickers on.
The original name was going to be "Wild World" but we decided that's too much like "Wayne's World" and is generally uncreative for this project.

Here are a few examples of the designs for this project:

Ignore the Wild World logo, that will be replaced by the name that you create.

Word list:
Rare
Exotic
Unusual
Wild
Wildlife
Animal
Creature
Critter
Fauna
Nature

Combination - Combine two words to make a new word, like Pocket + Monster = Pokemon. You can remove a letter or two to make it flow better.
Anagram - Usually anagrams try to turn real words into other real words, but in this case, just use them to make up a word. Rare can become Arer or Rera which can then be attached to another anagram for something completely different.
Fun Sounds - Add letters that kids will enjoy pronouncing, like "oo" or "ee" or anything that makes the name sound fun and youthful

Words that end in vowels or "z" are generally most successful, but they don't have to. Avoid "r" though, it makes things sound mechanical (pumper, mixer, generator). Also avoid words that sound like inappropriate words (boobie, poop, penis) or existing brand names.
Just make it sound fun, childish, and animalistic. Also, make sure kids can pronounce it!

Ideas to get you started:
Nintendo and Wii - Both of these are made up words and look how popular they have become.
Zoboomafoo - Remember this TV show?
Yo Gabba Gabba! - Another kids TV show

So yeah, whoever's name I choose will get a free drawing from me! It's due on the 13th, but I need a couple of days for printing and a couple of more days for logo design so I need a name by Monday the 5th at the latest!

Well I am not that good at creating names, but congrats on creating those awesome supplies/stickers. I hope they become popular among the kids. Good luck.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Quirky Kritterz (or kuirky kritterz if youre really wanna push the illiterate angle)
Hey! What's That!

Ideas to get you started:
Nintendo and Wii - Both of these are made up words and look how popular they have become.
This caught my eye and I thought I'd heard otherwise:
According to Nintendo's Touch Generations website the name "Nintendo" translated from Japanese to English means "Leave luck to heaven ".
Although, I've heard it was ambiguous and could also mean "In heaven's hands"

Wild Creatz
Funimalz
Wild Wild Fun

yeah.. my 7 year old niece came uo with 2 of these so i think i might be cheating alittlt bit :P

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Oh god. Just commenting that "Unuzoology" is incredible.

( "Zoo Schoo" just something I thought of. I would like to see more references to the scholastic portion of this as well. Something that mixes the unusual zoo thing with school would be absolutely perfect I think.)

Nintendo does mean "Leave it to heaven".

Anyways I like the idea of "Cute Creatures!" , since your drawings give off an air of being cute and fuzzy.

I thought Zoobies would sound cool, but... I thoguht of "Zoobio", as well. Besides being fun to say, both parts of the word (zoo and bio) actually mean something applicable, where "bies" just means "demon" in Slavic...

So, I'll submit "Zoobio", and the variations.

Although I've got some creative block at the moment, I'm going to pitch Mamminals, which combines "mammals" with "animals." Fun to say (try it!), though I suppose it might be restricting you to mammals.... I'll try again later.

EDIT: Thought of PAWsome on the way home from school, if you're into lame puns. Also Anipals for wordplay, though it does change the phonetics a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)