XY OU Crawdaunt the God [Peak ~1750]

Ox the Fox

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 8th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Smogon Charity Bowl IV Winner
Hey guys, ox the box here with my first ever RMT. This is a team that I built off of Crawdant (the god), hence the name. So without further ado let's get onto the team!

Show me ya moves!

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
This right here is the star of the team. I opted to use a lead crawdaunt set with SD over a life orb/ banded set because I honestly feel it's the best in this meta. I will typically lead with crawdaunt unless I find he can easily sweep through an opponents team once a counter/check is gone. Focus sash is great in order to get a SD up and then aqua jet everything. The 208 speed EVs allow me to outspeed 252 (not jolly because it's not even a threat jolly) speed azumarills and megawiles so that I can get off an aqua before they can aqua jet, or sucker punch me.

Mind Games

@ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Iron Head/Sacred Sword​

When looking for a partner with crawdaunt I needed something to take fighting and fairy types. ... ... ... Why would I not use aegislash? It has near perfect synergy with crawdaunt, crawdaunt being able to take most hits that aegi can't, and aegi able to take most hits crawdaunt can't. I have a more defensive set with lefties and 252 HP, because I prefer the extra bulk over the extra power. I use shadow ball as an absolute nuke move, shadow sneak for priority, and finally I opt for iron head over sacred sword. Iron head has helped me in so many situations against faries, and just a strong stab move. I am still deciding whether I want to use sacred sword or iron head, but for now I'm going to use iron head.

HP Flying Keldeo

@ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
I was looking for a mega to use that can wall and fight back, mega venusaur fit this role perfectly. It hits pretty hard and can take hits FOR YEARS. The 3 moves are pretty standard on it, giga drain for a healing stab, sludge bomb for another stab, and hidden power fire to hit the steel types, synthesis is used to heal. The 92 speed EVs are in order to outspeed megawile and azumarill (and completely wall).

Standard.Poke

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog​

I needed a defogger who could also hit hard, so I decided on latios. I love the choice scarf on latios, trick can cripple chanseys, and other walls who decide to come on on a latios. It's also extremely useful for mega charizard X, they can get to +1 and think they won, and then you suprise them with a draco meteor and take them out. Draco meteor is a nuke move and psyshock is for stab, trick is of course for crippling and defog is to remove hazards. I don't tend to use psyshock so if you have an idea over it, please let me know.

Scarfchomp

@ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
Ahhhhh, I love this thing. It takes hits like a boss, retaliates back with powerful hits, regains momentum with U-turn, and gets up rocks. What's not to love about lando-t? This is my main check to offensive threats like talonflame, mega-charizard-X, and terrakion. The speed EVs are to outspeed max speed aegi, because otherwise that wrecks this team, and the rest is put into HP to maximize the living potential. The nickname "Scarfchomp" is to trick people into thinking you have a scarf (haha, almost never works).

Win Condition

@ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Superpower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This thing truly is a win condition. It can sweep weakened teams so easily end game. Prankster thunder wave allows me to cripple fast threats so that crawdaunt and thundy can sweep easier. Superpower is fantastic, it hits chansey for ~75% once I remove it's eviolite, gets rid of exca and ttar, and suprises a lot of other mons. Thunderbolt is for the stabs and is an absolutely powerful move. Finally hidden power ice for the boltbeam combo to hit basically every mon in the tier neutrally/super-effectively.

Well guys that's the team thanks for reading and please post any suggestions you have down below, I will test them if I think they are viable. Feel free to test out the team if you would like to! :D And, please excuse if this isn't the best RMT you have seen as it is my first. Thank you! (also how do u make the pop out box?)

Will add in replays once I get some nice battles.

Importable:

Show me ya moves! (Crawdaunt) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Iron Head

HP Flying Keldeo (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Standard.Poke (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

Scarfchomp (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Win Condition (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Superpower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:
Hey Ox The Box, this is HJ Regicide from the OU room. This is a pretty cool team here, but it has a severe weakness to Bird Spam and the aforementioned Mamoswine, as well as SD Sash Diggersby. This is why I propose running an Air Balloon > Leftovers on Aegislash. This allows This allows Aegislash to successfully check Mega-Pinsir and Mamoswine, while completely cock-blocking a Diggersby sweep. I'd also run a spread of 240 HP/ 16 Atk/ 252 SpA with 0 speed EVs. 240 HP hits some jump point that I can't remember, while 0 speed helps Aegislash "outslow" other tank Aegi's and hit them in blade form. I strongly suggest Sacred Sword > Iron Head, so you can hit Bisharp and not be complete Pursuit bait. The rest of the Fairies that you'd need to hit are dealt with by Venusaur or Shadow Ball. Next I'd run a more physically defensive Landorus, as this team is needs a better stop to physical attackers. I'd suggest running an EV spread of 248 HP/168 Def/92 Spe with a Bold Nature to maximize Landorus-T's good bulk and speed tier, and Rock Slide > Stone Edge to reliably hit birds. That's all I have. I hope this helps n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)