SS OU CorviKnight Team Gen 8 Ou

My team is a team based around corviknight I'm new to the Pokémon showdown and OU community and i wanted people to see what I came up with well here we go

Team Link CorviKnight team OU (pokepast.es)

CorviKnight is the main Person I build this team around he acts like a defensive pivot with roost u turn he can soak up damage and then leave for the other Pokémon to deal damage, but fairy types and other steel types will have a hard time because of his steel stab move and his body press and leftovers for the healing.

Zeroara is the offensive pivot with volt switch and air balloon it makes it an unexpected switch into a ground Pokémon or a Pokémon that can use a ground move that would one shot him drain punch and outrage for coverage against steel and rock and then dragons.

Landorus-Therian acts like a wall pivot he has u turn for the in and out, but he has typing to shut down electric Pokémon knock off is good against psychic Pokémon and hammer arm to put down rock or steel Pokémon or dark type Pokémon

Bisharp if needed is my sweeper with choice band to get really good attack damage and his coverage of moves he can sweep teams really easy he has beat up for any psychic Pokémon and he has psycho cut for the poison or fighting power up punch is good to sweep and to rake up damage if they don't stop you

Torkoal is my Rapid spin Pokémon the hazard removal he is good for getting out there and getting rid of the leech seed or anything like that and switch into someone who can take care of the team or using drought and eruption I can take out a lot of grass Pokémon if they don't switch out

Ferrothorn is my Hararzed setter and my Lead they can't use toxic against me cause of steel typing and with him running spikes leech seed and toxic i can stall out the game and with the chople berry I can complete get rid of a fighting move which can save me one game

You have no consistent hazard removal. Put defog over Iron Head on Corv.
Iron Head is typically only run on Sp. Def sets to pressure Lele but you have 3 steel types and a fire type. Offensive Landorus isn't that good, replace it with Sp. Def. Max HP on Bisharp is counter-intuitive, it's frail, and the set is Choice Band so it's not supposed walling anything. It won't be able to sweep because it's so slow.

Replace Ferrothorn for Slowbro, and Heatran for Torkoal.. your team was quite weak to fire types and sun only boosts that. Use the standard Sp. Def smogon set or the offensive one for Heatran and the standard set for Slowbro.
If you make the following changes, put Stealth Rock on Landorus over Hammer Arm.
Maybe put Tapu Koko as an Offensive pivot over Zeraora and replace Bisharp for another Physical Attacker - go on the 'OU good cores' thread and look for a physical attacker you'd like that is paired with Tapu Koko and import the set into the team

Another idea is that you can make Tapu Koko Calm Mind with the set:
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

Welcome to smogon rmt Emborfire
There are some changes which can help improve your team ,
No 1 : Change iron head on corviknight with defog or brave bird .
No 2 : I second Gourisnotateambuilder's opinion , landorus us better off used defensively as a fire resist since your team is severely weak to it.
No 3: There is no point using 3 steel types , 2 is enough , using a third steel type will make your team more weak to fire types allowing them to overload landorus. Slowbro can be used over ferrothorn as a counter to Urshifu-rs and opposing landos . ferro can check lando but doesnt threaten to much , on the other hand slowbro can threaten lando with scald or ice beam. An interesting slowbro set can be :
Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Slack Off /ice beam/flamethrower ( ice beam for garchomp and lando , flamethrower to catch opposing ferrothorns off guard)
- Teleport
- Scald

- Future Sight
No 4 : The moveset of zeraora. I would suggest knock off over outrage as it hits everything and is objectively better than outrage in the long run. You would not want to get locked into outrage on a fairy mon too. Close combat can be used over drain punch for more power and bulk up can be used over volt switch to setup on mons which cannot defeat you - it may result in a fast win in certain situations too.I would suggest using heavy-duty boots on zeraora planning for a longer run , since even a weak move like aqua jet from a sacrificing crawdaunt or azumaril will result in losing the balloon meaning you wont be able to switch zera on a ground type and moreover zera will be at the risk of getting chipped by stealth rocks and spikes
No 5 : Iron head on bisharp instead of power-up punch , and sucker punch as priority over x-scissor . choice banded sucker punch can be very usefull at times.
No 6 : As gourisnotateambuilder already stated , using torkoal will make a team weak to fire types weaker. You can use heatran(even flame body heatran to catch physical attackers like urshifu-rs u-turning on slowbro to get a potential burn , and since they are uncommon mostly people wont even try to use a fire move on heatran until its to late- physical attacker burned)another option can be volcarona , since you have 2 flying resists , you can use volcarona over heatran as a set up sweeper

Welcome to smogon rmt Emborfire
There are some changes which can help improve your team ,
No 1 : Change iron head on corviknight with defog or brave bird .
No 2 : I second Gourisnotateambuilder's opinion , landorus us better off used defensively as a fire resist since your team is severely weak to it.
No 3: There is no point using 3 steel types , 2 is enough , using a third steel type will make your team more weak to fire types allowing them to overload landorus. Slowbro can be used over ferrothorn as a counter to Urshifu-rs and opposing landos . ferro can check lando but doesnt threaten to much , on the other hand slowbro can threaten lando with scald or ice beam. An interesting slowbro set can be :
Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Slack Off /ice beam/flamethrower ( ice beam for garchomp and lando , flamethrower to catch opposing ferrothorns off guard)
- Teleport
- Scald

- Future Sight
No 4 : The moveset of zeraora. I would suggest knock off over outrage as it hits everything and is objectively better than outrage in the long run. You would not want to get locked into outrage on a fairy mon too. Close combat can be used over drain punch for more power and bulk up can be used over volt switch to setup on mons which cannot defeat you - it may result in a fast win in certain situations too.I would suggest using heavy-duty boots on zeraora planning for a longer run , since even a weak move like aqua jet from a sacrificing crawdaunt or azumaril will result in losing the balloon meaning you wont be able to switch zera on a ground type and moreover zera will be at the risk of getting chipped by stealth rocks and spikes
No 5 : Iron head on bisharp instead of power-up punch , and sucker punch as priority over x-scissor . choice banded sucker punch can be very usefull at times.
No 6 : As gourisnotateambuilder already stated , using torkoal will make a team weak to fire types weaker. You can use heatran(even flame body heatran to catch physical attackers like urshifu-rs u-turning on slowbro to get a potential burn , and since they are uncommon mostly people wont even try to use a fire move on heatran until its to late- physical attacker burned)another option can be volcarona , since you have 2 flying resists , you can use volcarona over heatran as a set up sweeper
Thank you so Much for the Advice

You have no consistent hazard removal. Put defog over Iron Head on Corv.
Iron Head is typically only run on Sp. Def sets to pressure Lele but you have 3 steel types and a fire type. Offensive Landorus isn't that good, replace it with Sp. Def. Max HP on Bisharp is counter-intuitive, it's frail, and the set is Choice Band so it's not supposed walling anything. It won't be able to sweep because it's so slow.

Replace Ferrothorn for Slowbro, and Heatran for Torkoal.. your team was quite weak to fire types and sun only boosts that. Use the standard Sp. Def smogon set or the offensive one for Heatran and the standard set for Slowbro.
If you make the following changes, put Stealth Rock on Landorus over Hammer Arm.
Maybe put Tapu Koko as an Offensive pivot over Zeraora and replace Bisharp for another Physical Attacker - go on the 'OU good cores' thread and look for a physical attacker you'd like that is paired with Tapu Koko and import the set into the team

Another idea is that you can make Tapu Koko Calm Mind with the set:
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
Thank you so much for the advice i will use this and i hope i see u both on the Showdown

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)