Coronavirus Premier League I - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

thanks to rozes for the banner!

Before we get into the memes, a request to all reading this thread to take the pandemic of COVID-19 seriously. Practice social distancing, wash your hands, do whatever you can to flatten the curve and keep as many people as possible safe and healthy. Please see the CDC and NIH for further information on staying healthy.
Welcome to the manager signups of the first (and hopefully last) iteration of the Coronavirus Premier League! Due to the widespread impact COVID-19 has had on the world, many Smogonites find themselves with more time on their hands than they know what to do with. Enter Coronavirus Premier League, a team tournament that capitalizes on the vast amounts of free time now available to the SmogTours community by condensing what would usually be a full week in a regular Premier League into a single day.

This tournament is extremely fast paced; prospective managers must be available for a wide range of time on Friday and Saturday (27th and 28th, respectively) for the auction, and then be active every day for a week (or possibly longer) after that. If this does not describe your current situation, please do not sign up.

The list of tiers is TBD depending on player interest (in their signup posts, players will indicate the tiers they are willing to play and after that point, I'll decide what tiers are in). I don't expect managers to know every tier, so meta knowledge isn't too much of an important factor. Activity is the main thing I'll use to make the manager selections.

You are free to pick your team names, but in spirit of the theme, they must be Pokemon and disease related. Examples (courtesy of rozes) are:
Swine Flu Piloswines, Bubonic Plague Butterfrees, Ebola Electabuzz, Rabies Ratatata, Smallpox Smeargle.

Finally, assistant managers are optional.

YOU HAVE TO BE AVAILABLE ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY, PREFERABLY BOTH. PLEASE INDICATE YOUR AVAILABILITY IN YOUR SIGNUPS POST.

Let me know if you have any questions, and good luck and have fun!

Wigglytuff

It's been an exciting 24 hours! Thanks to everyone for signing up, I legitimately expected to have a shortage of managers, not an excess. Apologies to the managers that could not make it in (this is by far the most stacked manager field I've ever seen in an unofficial), but unlike most tours, you can try again next week!

Names and logos are pending and subject to change, but the managers for the first (and hopefully last) (but probably not) are:

COVID-19HTS

Managers: ima + snaga

Whooping Koffings
1585192210204.jpeg

(logo pending)
Managers: Serene Grace + Corporal Levi

Poliowraths
1585192300607.jpeg

(logo pending)
Managers: Leo + Jytcampbell

Choleraichus

Managers: yeezyknows + Kingler12345

West Nile Weaviles

Managers: cleann + Empo

Herd Immunity Herdiers

Managers: Tricking + Mysterious M

Zikachus
1585192797800.jpeg

(logo pending)
Managers: rozes + Eternally

Siphylis Sigilyphs
1585192946011.png

(logo pending)
Managers: Rewer + ggggd
Congratulations to our 16 managers! Looking forward to a fun season!

Auction will be some time on Friday or Saturday, stay tuned. Player signups will be open for a little longer.

Wigglytuff

I forgot to announce the tiers:

After a lot of discussion that took a lot of weird turns, the tiers for Coronavirus Premier League I are:
Best of 3 [Tour Tiers]
Best of 5 [Classic Tiers]
SS OU
SS LC
SM OU
SM Ubers
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
ORAS OU
BW OU
DPP OU
ADV OU
BW RU
DPP UU
ADV NU

Fun fact: SS OU did not have the most signups, contrary to my expectations.

Hoping to have a really fun season with some tried and true tiers, and some more fun ones...Looking forward to the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)