Project Community Create a Team (Week 7: Final Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.
going to do same as last time

Gallade @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Substitute

Semi-Stall
Building around something that is really not used quite much but I believe to be effective.

Gallade is really quite an underused mon to start out with, and I think this is really one of its better sets. Due to Gallade having really good special defense for an offensive mon, Bulk Up pairs well with it to help mediate its poor Defense. It also gets very good coverage in Knock Off + Drain Punch

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Bulky Offense

Manectric @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I asked Diogo if he wanted to nom something, this is what he wanted

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Manectric hates Ground-types like Seismitoed, Rhyperior, Quagsire, and Gastrodon. Tangrowth is great because it checks these mons as well as stuff like Flygon which Manectric can't switch into.

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

I thought we'd like to get hazard removal out of the way (granted, the team doesn't exactly need it now, but it opens up more options later on.) U-turn can keep momentum in your favor along with manec's volt switch. Flygon can check stuff that manec doesn't like such as Duggy and can lure in And U-turn out against Alomamola and proceed to let manec go from there.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

I will be nominating scarf durant. Basic concept of instant frail threat against balance/stall paired with an instant threat to offense that can pivot and get the first mon in; with the other options being scarf medicham and scarf flygon respectively i feel as though durant baits in mons that are more easily exploited by a free mane switch than the other two(namelly the b waters/unusual phys def walls used to check durant)

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty / Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Grass Knot

Manectric hates bulky Ground-types that can eat a HP Ice, like Seismitoad and Rhyperior. Now you could go the route of just beating them with Grassers, which is a good idea, yes, but I like memes and luring shit, so here's LO Grass Knot Emboar for a partner. It lures and OHKOs Seismitoad and has a very high chance to OHKO Rhyperior as well, and also beats down walls like Mega Audino that Manectric doesn't enjoy facing. Overall a pretty memey but cool partner choice for Manectric imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)