Cocoon's Saviors [A Weatherless RMT]

Hello, and welcome to my first RMT! This is an offensive team that relies on momentum to force my opponents into a corner. It is the best team I've used that I built myself, but does need a little work. I don't ladder much, but I can say that I've won at least 80% of the battles I've had with this team.
Feel free to rate, and test it out so you can see what its strengths/weaknesses are!

Nicknames: The Pokemon on my team are named after a weapon from a main character in Final Fantasy XIII, a game in which I just achieved my
Platinum Trophy!

[Preview]

[Teambuilding Process]

I started off with an offensive core of Latias + Infernape. Infernape is a great partner for Latias, as it can take out the Steels that Latias has trouble with.

I then added Rotom-W, as together with Infernape's U-turn it can really give me momentum with Volt Switch.

Gliscor and Jirachi came next, as together they form a nice defensive core alongside Rotom-W. Pretty standard, I know, but they get the job done.

I added Weavile in because I really needed a way to deal with Dragon Dancers like Salamence and Dragonite. He can also deal with Psychic types with Pursuit.

[In Depth]

Lionheart [Latias]
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 Spe
Moves:
Substitute
Calm Mind
Roost
Dragon Pulse

Latias is my favorite Pokemon, and who I wanted to base my team around. She has a huge Base 130 Special Defense, as well as great Special Attack and Speed. I tried all kinds of different sets for Latias, from Reflect Type to Choice Specs. But none had made Latias as much of a threat as the SubCM set. I usually don't send Latias in until the opponent has been weakened, and I have gotten rid of all the Steel types (and Blissey) as well as powerful physical attacking Pokemon like Scizor or Tyranitar. Once she is on the battlefield, there is no stopping her. After I set up a sub on an opponent who can't threaten me, I proceed to set up as many calm minds as I feel are necessary. When I've set up a few, even powerful special attacks fail to break my sub. The EVs are to provide bulk while still maximizing Latias's wonderful speed. Dragon Pulse is a reliable STAB with only one type resisting it (albeit it a very common type) and Roost is used over Recover because, well, I like having all different types for my moves, plus some noobs I've faced for some reason think Roost cancels out Levitate, and try to Earthquake Latias.

Considered Changes:
None

Weaknesses Covered By:

Gliscor, Infernape
Infernape, Weavile
Jirachi
Weavile
Infernape, Jirachi, Rotom-W, Weavile

Procyons [Infernape]
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SAtk | 252 Spe
Moves:
U-Turn
Overheat
Close Combat
Stone Edge

Infernape is the second part of my offensive core, and works wonders when paired with Latias. I've never used Infernape before this due to his meh offensive stats, but now that I've been using him I can say I am a believer. His dual STAB moves Overheat and Close Combat wreck so many teams up, as Fire and Fighting have great super-effective coverage. U-turn is one of the best moves in my opinion, it really helps me gain momentum and scout my opponent's switch ins, as well as racking up some residual damage. Stone Edge completes the set to take care of Volcarona and Dragonite, two huge threats this generation. His main job is to get rid of the Steel types that wall Latias, but I often find him sweeping entire teams.

Considered Changes:
Maybe should change Life Orb to Choice Scarf to more reliably counter Volcarona even if it has a Quiver Dance under its belt. Also residual damage from Life Orb is a pain, however I do like being able to Overheat, then U-urn.

Should I change Overheat to Flare Blitz and go for an all-physical set?

Weaknesses Covered By:

Jirachi
Gliscor, Latias, Rotom-W
Latias, Jirachi, Weavile
Latias, Rotom-W

Otshirvani [Gliscor]
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP | 184 Def | 76 Spe
Moves:
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Swords Dance
Toxic

Gliscor, oh Gliscor. There's not really much to say about him. He counters so many threats to my team, such as Excadrill and Sandstorm teams in general. He has great resistances and immunities, albeit an unfortunate 4x weakness to ice. Not only a defensive monster, he also can Swords Dance and pose as an offensive threat should the opportunity present itself. Toxic to do damage to walls if I can't hurt them with Earthquake or Ice Fang. Bronzong completely walls me, but that's what Infernape is for. I decided against the AcroFling set as I wanted to be able to poison more than one of my opponent's Pokemon.

Considered Changes:

May run Protect over Swords Dance

May use Skarmory in order to better counter Excadrill and many other physical threats, but then I would lack and electric immunity.

Weaknesses Covered By:
Infernape, Rotom-W, Weavile, Jirachi
Latias, Rotom-W

Belladonna [Jirachi]
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP | 224 SDef | 32 Spe
Moves:
Body Slam
Iron Head
Wish
Stealth Rock

I've used Jirachi on so many my teams, and it is such a reliable Special wall. It can effectively cripple fast sweepers with Body Slam parahax, and flinch them to death until they are KO'd. For some reason, my opponents almost never switch out while being flinched, and just wait to die. Unfortunately, I have the worst luck and Body Slam only seems to paralyze about 1/4 of the time. Wish is very useful for my team, as Infernape especially appreciates the recovery from Life Orb recoil. Jirachi is also my entry hazards setter, and although my team doesn't rely on them as much as others, they Stealth Rock can still prove to be useful to do a little bit of extra damage or a lot of damage in the case of Volcarona. Jirachi also is a big help against Rain teams, as most have no way to hit Jirachi super-effectively.

Considered Changes:
May remove Stealth Rock for Protect, but then I have no entry hazards and may come back to bite me.

Might change Wish to Healing Wish.

May completely replace Jirachi for a wall with higher defenses.

May change Body Slam to Thunder Wave for 100% paralyze chance, but while gaining the ability to paralyze Ghosts like Gengar I would lose the ability to paralyze Ground types like Excadrill or Landorus.

Weaknesses Covered By:
Latias, Infernape, Rotom-W
Latias, Gliscor, Rotom-W

Umbra [Rotom-W]
Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spe
Moves:
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Trick
Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-W has found its way onto many of my teams, as its fantastic typing proves to almost always provide great synergy. I decided to go Choice Specs with Modest nature in order to do as much damage as possible, as I don't really think Rotom-W needs much speed due to being a super bulky boss. Volt Switch is my main move, and I almost always use it because Rotom-W causes so many switch ins. Hydro Pump is a powerful STAB that OHKOs so many things and 2HKOs most variants of Bronzong. Trick is to cripple those Blissey switch ins, and is useful against Eviolite users who rely on their item to live, literally. I don't find myself using Hidden Power Fire that much, as even against types it super effective against it fails to do much damage anyway. Rotom-W's Volt Switch in conjunction with Infernape's U-turn can rack up some serious damage while keeping the pressure on my opponent.

Possible Changes:
May change HP Fire to Will-O-Wisp to use after tricking my Specs away.

Weaknesses Covered By:
Latias, Infernape, Jirachi

Gae Bolg [Weavile]
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
Moves:
Ice Shard
Pursuit
Low Kick
Ice Punch

Weavile isn't seen on OU teams very often anymore, and I honestly have no idea why. Her speed, combined with a great attack with Choice Band, can take down offensive teams so quickly. Ice Shard is my best counter to Dragon Dancers, otherwise I use Ice Punch against Pokemon she can outspeed. Pursuit lets me effectively kill Lati@s, Gengar, Starmie and other frail Psychic and Ghost types. Low Kick is for coverage and dealing with Steels. Weavile does struggle taking hits, though, and I can't really switch her into any attacks, even resisted ones. Also a weakness to Stealth Rock does bite. However, Weavile is an important member of my team so unless I can find a suitable replacement who can check Dragon Dancers, she will stay.

Considered Changes:
Using Life Orb over Choice Band to be able to switch attacks, which bugs me for some reason. However, between Life Orb damage, entry hazards, etc Weavile won't last long.

Weaknesses Covered By:
Gliscor, Infernape
Latias, Gliscor
Latias, Infernape, Rotom-W
Jirachi
Rotom-W, Jirachi

And so ends my first RMT! Please rate, give suggestions, and test it out! I will be coming out with a threat list shortly. Thank you!

[Importable]

Lionheart (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Procyons (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Otshirvani (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Toxic

Belladonna (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Umbra (Rotom-W) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
- Hydro Pump

Gae Bolg (Weavile) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

With no weather changer of your own, sun teams as well as Rain teams seem to bother you. Growth Venusaur under the sun sets up on Weavile or Rotom-W locked into the wrong move and sweep. Weavile can't switch in to revenge. LO Starmie under the rain outspeeds 5/6 of your team, hitting them with boatloads of damage (the least it does is 2HKO everything). Your only hope of revenging, is Weavile, again, you can't switch in. SD 'Croak (Rain) w/ Ice Punch can come in on Weavile on the wrong move or even replenish with Rotom's Hydro Pump, set-up, and put the hurt on your team. Dragon Dance Scrafty and Quiver Dance Volcarona can also set-up on Weavile and OHKO everything from there.

Without ruining your synergy too much, I think you could try a Choice Scarf on Rotom-W to better handle Rain; The upcoming spread allows you take hits from Rain teams much better, and having better bulk in general, while having enough speed to outpace LO Starmie and KO. The bulk will also aid you in taking a +2 ESpeed from SD Lucario, who is a threat, albeit an uncommon one. Rotom-W also takes some of the load off of Weavile for revenge killing threats such as NP Thundurus, SD Landorus, Starmie, etc. The only thing you're losing is firepower for more speed, which is important to revenge certain threats, but still keeping the offensive presence. SD Croak and DD Scrafty are both crippled with Will-O-Wisp or Trick, so depending on the move they're locked in, one of your team members can set-up on them.

Try Specially Defensive Tyranitar over Weavile. With Rotom-W revenge killing a myriad of threats, Weavile isn't really needed as its primary goal was to revenge. Tyranitar works as a Special Attack sponge and an important weather changer. It provides you insurance against Sun teams, and it means Growth Venusaur can't sweep you with Tyranitar bringing in the Sandstorm. Infernape will be able to outspeed and OHKO Venusaur. It also provides you with a way to check Volcarona. Beware though, Volcarona still hits you very hard with boosted Bug Buzz (69.8% - 82.2%), but if you can keep Tyranitar healthy if you see Volcarona in team preview (especially with 'Rachi's Wish), you should do ok. Replacing Weavile with Tyranitar is important to give you better insurance against Volcarona and Sun teams. Lastly, try out Taunt over Toxic on Gliscor to break Stall easier. You might want to test the Choice Band set on Infernape to make-up for the loss in power with removal of Weavile and for the raw power and unpredictability. Its similar to your current set though it comes at the cost of being locked into one move in return for a great amount of physical power (it's worth it IMO).

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 216 HP / 144 SAtk / 148 Spe
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire
- Will-O-Wisp / Trick
---

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
---

GL

Thanks for the rate!

I tested out the team with the pokes you suggested, and it's been doing great! I still need to battle more with the team to really see how it works though (I haven't even used Tyranitar yet since so many of my battles are Latias sweeps) But will update the OP once I am able to fully try out the suggested changes. I gave Ttar Stealth Rock and to free up a moveslot on Jirachi, yet I really have no idea what to put there. I tried Toxic, but never found myself using it. Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)