Clear Skys? With a chance of no Weather?!

The main focus of this team is to not worry about any kind of weather that will rumble the field up, and let my sweeper sweep. I really want to rank up in the po servers i currently peaked 516 earlier, and i would like to get just a bit higher....so tell me what u think of the team:D

A closer look:

Well first I looked at what I wanted to sweep for my team. After a bit of research I really liked the idea of DD Salamence w/ Fire Blast. Since it has pretty good coverage nd only gets stopped by a few things. In which one of them this guy covers w/ Fire Blast.

After choosing my sweeper I thought it necessary to pick a poke that it would need incase things got bad. So I chose a wishrachi to save the day!​

Now, with the help of wish passing, Salamence doesn't need roost anymore so it can get more coverage with Fire Blast. Not to mention the para Body Slams help Mence alot when hes trying to sweep, so that way I dont need as many DDs to outspeed stuff like scarfmons. After this I saw mence had a weakness to Stealth Rocks taking a 1/4 of its health each switch in. So, I needed a spinner, after I looked up who can use the move, Hitmontop looked like it fit prefectly!​

Now that I have a spinner there is no more worry of entry hazards. Not to mention the intimidate boost from Hitmontop is nice opportunity to bring Mence in to sweep. Next, since spin blockers are out there, I decided to go with a Pursuit Killer / Scouter. What's better then a nice CB Scizor to play around with.​

Next I needed something else to punch holes in teams, or to strangle semi stall if I had to. So after a bit of looking around, Latios looked like it fit in there perfectly:)​

Specs Latios is not something to be taken lightly. Usually blows holes in teams if used correctly. And can also cripple Chansey/Blissey coming in to rain on my parade. I just trick them the Specs nd i dont have to worry about it. After looking at this team for awhile it seemed to be missing something. But what? Oh Stealth Rocks!...But the choices....After awhile I chose Swampert b/c it does well handling sand and all. With the set provided it hadles exca with ease.​

Now on to the Sets!​

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Stealth Rock​

Man, does this guy wall. I usually lead with him against sand or sun. In sand, I'll just set up rocks first turn then roar/waterfall the pokemon tht is at standbye. In sun, i bluff the incoming earthquake nd set up rocks first turn then protect and switch by prediction. I have considered switching him out for Mamoswine to give me more priority.​

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Trick​

If this mon is used at the right times, KAABOOM! goes part of the opponents team. He is just truely powerful. In both special nd strategicly.
If the opponent has Blissey on their team I bring in Latios over predict them to think I'll go for the obvious move and I trick the specs onto Blissey. Blissey is then cripple nd i bring in something else to deal with it.
He is also here to bring out the Mence counters they have and I'd deal with them when the time comes.​

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast​

Salamence is my favorite sweeper so far this gen. After 1 DD can almost 2 shot all opposing offensive threats. Plus if ferrothorn comes in to bother me I just Fire Blast it until its ashes. Dragon and Ground has Amazing coverage. The only thing Dragon cannot hit is steel, and if they have a balloon I just fire blast them like I do to ferrothorn. I would not mind changing him if need be. But until then, he'll stay here.​

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Wish

Wow, this little guy is more than meets the eye. I lead with him against Rain teams mostly. I protect to scout what kind of toed then Body Slam him to death or until paralyzed while using wish to be able to bring in Latios for the kill. This guy is so incredibly specially bulky. It can survive two Spectoed's Hydropumps. I just love him. I was considering replacing him with Vaporeon and replacing Swampert with Mamoswine.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin​

This guy seemed to fit the spot great. "Threatens" ttar nd scares it away while I switch. It's nice to get some free damage on them with fake out nd get an intimidate off once and awhile when I need it. Clears the field when need be. scizor takes care of spin blockers. I am trying to find a replacement b/c at the state I'm at it doesnt seem to be doing anything for me.​

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower​

This thing hits like a TRUCK! I love fooling the opponent to think im goin to use the obvious move, but instead I just U-turn to scout and get the switch advantage. Bullet punch is there for priority, and strong priority at that. I one shot Thundurus at a 1/4-1/3 health with it.​

Well give me your thoughts on my team. I will take any advice, and I've had trouble handling the Gliscor + Rotom-W pair. they give me so much pain. So please give me some suggestions.
Thanks
~Rai​

three choice pokes seems shaky tho latios can trick his away and you could put pursuit on hitmontop and use a bulkier swords dance set scizor? Synergy wise this team is very good but id recommend more then one set up sweep and swampert is outsped and easily KO'd by a solar beam from ninetails.

three choice pokes seems shaky tho latios can trick his away and you could put pursuit on hitmontop and use a bulkier swords dance set scizor? Synergy wise this team is very good but id recommend more then one set up sweep and swampert is outsped and easily KO'd by a solar beam from ninetails.

I only have two choiced mons latios and scizor. scizor can uturn out nd latios can trick. but i see your point on ninetails v. swampert

You are prety rain weak, with nothing on your team switching into Starmie repeatedly and no reliable Thundurus check beyond priority spam, but such is always the case with nonweather teams. Certain sun Pokemon such as CB Darmanitan can also rip very large holes in your team, but in fairness Darmanitan rips very large holes in everything with sunlight behind him. Excadrill is similarly going to kill something if it sets up, since it will 2HKO Swampert and you won't OHKO back. The right Venasaur is also a case of 'throw lots of priority at it and hope it only kills a couple of Pokemon'. Starmie, Venasaur, Thundurs, Gengar (who's subdisable set can harrass you a lot), the Latis (well checked, but both threatening Pokemon), Darmanitan and all other general Chlorophyllers are handily revenged by a choice scarf Tyranitar. It can also trap and weaken/kill troublesome Pokemon with Pursuit. You stated that you wanted a replacement for Hitmontop, so that should probably be the one to go. The nice thing about it, though, is that the team doesn't need the sand to function - Tyranitar is just there to revenge kill. That patches up all the obvious weaknesses bar Excadrill, who could perhaps be more effectively beaten with an Azumarill over Scizor. You retain very strong priority and banded Superpower, whilst gaining the ability to revenge sand sweepers, kill Volcorona (another troublesome Pokemon) and threaten assorted bulky-ground types that are oh-so-common with Excadrill around.

You are prety rain weak, with nothing on your team switching into Starmie repeatedly and no reliable Thundurus check beyond priority spam, but such is always the case with nonweather teams. Certain sun Pokemon such as CB Darmanitan can also rip very large holes in your team, but in fairness Darmanitan rips very large holes in everything with sunlight behind him. Excadrill is similarly going to kill something if it sets up, since it will 2HKO Swampert and you won't OHKO back. The right Venasaur is also a case of 'throw lots of priority at it and hope it only kills a couple of Pokemon'. Starmie, Venasaur, Thundurs, Gengar (who's subdisable set can harrass you a lot), the Latis (well checked, but both threatening Pokemon), Darmanitan and all other general Chlorophyllers are handily revenged by a choice scarf Tyranitar. It can also trap and weaken/kill troublesome Pokemon with Pursuit. You stated that you wanted a replacement for Hitmontop, so that should probably be the one to go. The nice thing about it, though, is that the team doesn't need the sand to function - Tyranitar is just there to revenge kill. That patches up all the obvious weaknesses bar Excadrill, who could perhaps be more effectively beaten with an Azumarill over Scizor. You retain very strong priority and banded Superpower, whilst gaining the ability to revenge sand sweepers, kill Volcorona (another troublesome Pokemon) and threaten assorted bulky-ground types that are oh-so-common with Excadrill around.
Then I think I should replace latios to some sort of spinner to prevent rocks from limiting my switches. maybe excadrill for instance...since i'll have sand up.

Try throwing in 4 SpA EV's to boost Mence's Fire Blast power. I would try substituting Hitmontop for a stronger fighter like Conkeldurr. It can still kill the T-tars, and if you use burn orb and guts you can really pack a punch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)