Classic rain offense

Classic rain offense

RMT by Alexander

Introduction:

Hello everyone, today I want to ask for this RMT. I wanted to build a poweful and easy to play team. To build it, I used the most common pokèmon in this metagame, this is a very standard, but it works, so it's fine. I called it "The classic rain offense", enjoy it!

Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SAtk / 80 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Perish Song​

Old but gold Choice Specs Politoed. Hydro Pump hits hard everything, Ice Beam destroy the dragon types and Focus Blast is here to hit hard Ferrothorn mainly. Perish Song is useful against any statupper.​

Terrakion @ Focus Sash

Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance​

Terrakion is my Stealth Rock setter. I use Focus Sash to set Stealth Rock easily, Close Combat and Stone Edge are the strong STAB that hit everything and Sword Dance helps me to beat the most common physical wall in the current metagame, Hippowdon and Skarmory, for example.

Jirachi @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psyshock​

I love this pokèmon. Thunder with 60% of paralyze is incredible and Psyshock helps me to hit Blissey, Chansey and Gastrodon. Classic Substitute Calm Mind Jirachi etcetera.​

Latios (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Recover​

Large movepool, excellent base stat layout, and strong Dragon-type STAB, this is Latios. With his coverage, he can break offensive and stall team easily, Draco Meteor is, as already said, a powerful STAB, Surf hits steel types, and under rain, it becomes a very interesting move. Psyshock is a coverage move and helps me to hit Breloom and Amoonguss, that can be problematic for this team. He's a fantastic pokèmon.​

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Regenerator
Naive Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn​

Tornadus is the star of the team. Hurricane destroy everything that doesn't resist to flying type, Superpower hits hard Heatran and Tyranitar and the others steel types and U-turn is useful to get momentum and to switch out and recover HP thanks to Regenerator. Sleep Talk is here because Breloom and Amoonguss were a very big problem for this team and thanks to Sleep Talk Tornadus-T can take their Spore without worrying about the sleep.​

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump​

Keldeo is my revengekiller and it's also my cleaner when my opponent lose his water resistors. Hydro Pump is a strong STAB but I usually use Surf because of Hydro Pump's accuracy. Secret Sword is useful to hit the water resistors, mainly Rotom-W and Hidden Power Ice helps me to revenge kill dragon types, with Choice Scarf.​

That's all. I know, this is a very standard team but it works well, I peaked 1620 on Pokèmon Online server and 2050 on Showdown with this team. Feel free to steal, rate and if you like it, give it a Luvdisc. Thanks for reading.​

Export To Test:
(Politoed) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SAtk / 80 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Perish Song​

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psyshock​

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock​

(Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance​

(Tornadus-T) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn​

(Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump​

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hi, this is a pretty much standard rain offensive team, i have to admit that i have a team with the same pokemon.
However, i feel like you need something to stop pokemon from setting up stealth rock, for example a deo-d lead. I dont know if Stealth rock+Sword dance really works on terrakion because if you do stealth rock then you probably have your sash activated, and if you do sword dance then you have no Stealth rock on the field. So i cant tell you everything else rather than to put the standard Taunt on Terrakion, in this way you can prevent others thing to setup on you.

Also consider Hidden power Grass instead of perish song on Politoed to hit Calm rotom-w, which seems a bit problematic since Latios cant switch-in on it if your opponent has a ttar (which is really common). If you do this make sure to put more evs in speed to outspeed Rotom-w, use this spread EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd with a modest nature. Good luck and hope i helped!

Tl;dr:

taunt > Sword dance
Hidden power grass > perish song
120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd > EVs: 176 HP / 252 SAtk / 80 Spd

Ps. You have timid Tornadus-t, im sure its a missclick, put naive!

Thanks for the rate, I will try of course Taunt on Terrakion and your Politoed evs spread but I think that Hydro Pump hits more hard than HP Grass if it doesn't miss, I will try HP Grass however, it sounds useful also against Gastrodon. Thanks again.

PS: Fixed with naive nature, yes, it was a typo. I will try HP Grass, however.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Actually Hidden power grass is slightly stronger (5 base power if im not wrong) but it does not miss.
306 Atk (+1) VS 344 Def and 304 HP (70 Base Power): 136 - 160 (44.73% - 52.63%)

As you can see you have enough chance to get a 2ko with stealth rock damage.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is extremely similar to my team; I knew someone was going to post it eventually, though it could have waited until ST finished! Well I have video footage of me laddering extensively the day BW2 came out using this team with Genesect so I will say most players have taken the spine of this team and tweaked their own sets and called it "their own".

I've run different versions with Garchomp over Latios and sometimes I run Ditto because of Lavos spreading my team around Smogon, I expected mirror-matches. I've toyed with CBRachi (Zen, Trick, Iron Head and SR meaning Terrakion could switch to Salac Berry), and you could try a CMJirachi if you wish but also include Stealth Rock so it frees up Terrakion's moveset so it's more of a universal threat than just being a lead.

Anyway, Focus Blast seems necessary because Ferrothorn can be troublesome, but I'd consider running Hidden Power [Grass] as previously advised. Honestly, I'd run Timid Politoed because outspeeding Jolly Life Orb Scizor and tieing with Jolly Breloom is really useful for getting off extra damage, possibly even fainting them before they have chance to attack. Lastly regarding Politoed's spread, if you do stick with Modest and Focus Blast, Ice Beam is really only going to help against Amoonguss with Politoed being relatively slow; point is if you're running a slow Politoed with Ice Beam, prepare to be dissapointed.

If you're running Swords Dance on Terrakion, it is much safer to run Rock Slide as there aren't many instances where Stone Edge is necessary and the accuracy + flinching potential is more reliable in the long run.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey A l e x a n d e r, awesome team!

It looks fairly solid; I'd side with Neliel on the fact that Taunt is probably going to be a bit more useful than Swords Dance, espcially since the bulk of your team already emits a lot of offensive pressure, and some support will be needed to help against Deo-D and some other common stall/support pokemon that could halt your momentum.

For Jirachi, I also think Water Pulse would be a better idea than Psyshock, as it can cause confusion along with Thunder's parahax, making it a lot easier for you to set up. Your team also has no problem with specially bulky pokemon, as you've already got Keldeo, Terrakion, Latios, and Tornadus hitting hard on the physical side.

With that change, Gastro could be a bit problematic, so HP Grass on Politoed is a must, to hit Rotom-W and other water types. It also hits SpDef Jellicent, something that could cause a bit of trouble as well.

Nice job!

Very classic team Alexander =)
I suggest you to change your Keldeo, Choice Scarf is not so good onto him, try this set:

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Secret Sword

You can set up nicely with Timid Nature SubCM Keldeo.
After this I suggest you to use aChoice Scarfed Terrakion instead of yours, SR aren't good for Terrakion,

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I also suggest you to run this set on your Jirachi, yours is nice, but you have no Special Walls to resist Scarfed Tornadus-T etc...

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Thunder
- Body Slam

Luvdisc.

@Giacomo: Choice Scarf Keldeo can sweep the opponent's team when he loses his water resistors and in this team it fits very well. Then, Terrakion can put Stealth Rock easily with Focus Sash and Calm Mind Jirachi can resist to Tornadus-T decently. Thanks for the rate however :) I will try your advice!

This is taylor's team, but it's so easy to make nowadays that you can't really take the credit away. I don't appreciate you posting it now, with ost9 going on and all >:|

Yeah Ferrothorn is the biggest threat barring subcm rachi to these types of teams, and that's why I would recommend using Garchomp over Latios. You can use a whatever kind of chomp just know it needs to pack earthquake because Rachi can be trouble for the team if it doesn't. I've also noticed that ferrothorn is trouble so make sure you keep terrakion alive on those types of teams.

Credit taylor for the flawless spine, it is absolutely his and it has influenced the metagame so much. Credit to you though for putting your own little twist on it. I'm expecting to see a few of these types of rmt's out soon, but yeah luvdisc'd and keep up the good work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)