Clash of the Blue Bunnies: a Warstory

Today, I've decided to pop my warstorycherry. So bear with me.

I challenged Cluster to a battle in the thread

1. Because I was bored
2. He had the sexiest avatar ever, I've been admiring it ever since I saw it

and this is what happened.

Rules

6v6
Standard Clauses

My Pokemon

His Pokemon

*the Pokemon are in order of my ability to post pictures*
*I ignored the Leftovers/Black Sludge unless it was really necessary*
*the damages calculations are merely approximations, but it's won't affect the story that much* (I promise)

Jutura v. RJ
Tinnacious v. Cluster

6 - 6

He sent out Persian
I sent out Butterfree

Okay, a sleeper faster than mine...But who cares, I'd rather have Butterfree sleep than any body else in my team sleeping (it's Sashed anyway), so Butterfree bravely stayed in.

Persian used Hidden Power
Butterfree takes ~70%
Butterfree used Sleep Powder
Persian is now snoozin'

That started off well, I thought he would've Hypnosis, but wheee! Now I tried to Double Powder, but he stayed in. Boo.

Persian is still sleeping
Butterfree use Rain Dance
It's now raining

Phew, he's still sleeping. So I danced a little and made it rain to set up for my team.

Persian is still sleeping
Butterfree used U-Turn
Persian takes 40%
Butterfree went back and
Magnezone was sent out
It's raining

Things are still looking up until...

Persian WOKE UP!
Persian used Hypnosis
Magnezone is now sleeping
Rain still falling

Sigh, whatever. Persian can't do anything to Magnezone anyway, and I'll just switch out when things happen.

Persian used Nasty Plot
Magnezone still sleeps
It is now raining men.

Hmm....Flamethrower? Nah, he used Hidden Power again, it did around 30% to my STILL SLEEPING MAGNEZONE. I guess he would switch out now, I stayed in to see what happens next, worse case scenario, Electivire, or Dugtrio, or worse, Garchomp.

And he did switch.

Persian was withdrawn
Ludicolo was sent out
Magnezone used Thunder
Ludicolo takes 70% damage

Good shit Magnezone, good shizzi. Now I expected a Surf, or a switch, so I Luster Cannon'd. Fortunately, he stayed in and...

Ludicolo used Drain Punch
Magnezone takes 20% ish damage

Unfortunately...

Magnezone use Luster Cannon
Ludicolo didn't die

Bah, so it Drain Punched again, did lame damage to my Magnezone while I Thundered it's butt.

6-5 Me

Now, Infernape was sent out. I had a feeling I would need Magnezone for later, so it's time for a re-run of..."Bye Bye Butterfree". I switched Magnezone for Butterfree, who takes a CRITICAL HIT FLAMETHROWER TO THE FACE AND DIED. The ultimate sacrifice, Butterfree didn't get to really shine in this battle. Too bad.

5-5

SAMBA DE AMIGO? GO!

Ludicolo was sent out

This is the beginning of longest part in the battle. My opponent took his time with this switch for some reason. After a few hours of deliberation, he withdrew Infernape for Gardevoir who Traced my Ludicolo's Swiftswim, leeching off it's benefits as I Rain Dance. Bitch.

I wasn't too sure what I was gonna do now. Gardevoir can probably cause some pain with it's Swift Swimming...and I wasn't sure who was faster, my Ludicolo or Gardevoir. Worse case scenario, I would get T-waved or something. So I gunned it.

Ludicolo used Surf
Gardevoir takes ~65%
Gardevoir used Calm Mind
It's still raining

Wow, that did a lot more than expected. That Gardevoir is dead then, MWAHAHHAHAHAHA.

Gardevoir PROTECTS ITSELF
Ludicolo's Surf failed
It's raining

What the fuck. So he's stalling for Lefties recovery. Shit, at this rate, I won't be able to kill him thanks to Lefties and Calm Mind. Or not...

Ludicolo used Surf
Gardevoir SURVIVED WITH LKE 4% Omg
Gardevoir use Wish
It's raining

OH MA GOD. This is not good. I wanted a clean sweep, damn Gardevoir. The next two or three turns consisted of Surfs that barely kills Gardevoir, Gardevoir spamming Wish/Protect combos. AAAAAHH! But NO WORRIES! I was able to catch Gardevoir on it's Wish turn and got Azumarill in safely.
I was hoping to abuse that and Gardevoir's unboosted Defense. But...

The rain stopped on my parade.

Oh wells, lets see what happens.

Gardevoir protects
Azumarill tried to Aqua Jet
Lefties healed Gardevoir

then

Azumarill Aqua Jets
Gardevoir still doesn't die
Gardevoir use Psychic
Azumarill is left with enough health to spare.

then

Azumarill used Aqua Jet
Gardevoir still doesn't die
Gardevoir used Wish

then

Gardevoir Protects itself

Then blah blah blah, all this repeats until.

AQUA JET CRITICAL HIT GARDEVOIR DIES OMG!!! How hot is this, I think Gardevoir might've swept if it didn't die. Phew phew phew. Time to move on I suppose.

5-4 Me

Cluster sent out Azumarill

OH MY GOD, another Azumaril user. Well, Azumaril can't really harm each other that badly in a ditto, or my Magnezone, so I sent that UFO thing out. Turned out to be a good thing after all.

I withdrew my Azumarill
Magnezone was sent out
His Azumarill used Toxic
FAILED!

Now I proceed to kill, since there isn't anything better to do anyway. I did expect him to switch out his Azumarill, but he didn't, so with a clench in my heart, I sent the foe's Azumarill to hell with Thunder. Thank god it didn't miss.

5-3 Me

MONKEYS BACK! Time for you to go Magnezone, much love.

Infernape was sent out
Infernape used Flamethrower
Magnezone dies

4-3 Me

Now it's time to re-unleash SAMBA DE AMIGO!

Ludicolo was sent out
Infernape used FLamethrower
OMG SHIT

CRITICAL HIT
But Ludicolo didn't die (lolz)
Ludicolo used Rain Dance
It started to rain

Ludicolo used Surf
Infernape pretended to die
BUT IT HUNG ON TO IT'S FOCUS SASH

For reals? for reals? That was unexpecting...Ludiculo takes a Flamethrower to the face and died.

3-3

Time for my blue bunny. It was intimidating enough to force the cute monkey to run back to it's trainer, awww. Cluster sent out CancerBalls

Weezing was sent out
Azumarill used Aqua Jet
Weezing takes the amount of damage that would make it a 3-4HKO
Raining

Wowzers, Aqua Jet under the rain didn't even dent this thing? Deng, much respect. iRan in fear of a WoW

Azumarill was withdrawn
Slowbro was sent out
Weezing used Thunderbolt
IT'S NOT A 2HKO
Woot woot!

DENG! Didnt see that coming, since it's not a 2HKO, I'll T-wave that thing and StallSlack that thing out.

Weezing used Thunderbolt
Slowbro still hangs on
Slowbro used Thunder Wave
Testiclez is now paralyzed

Slowbro used Slack Off
Slowbro restored health
Weezing used Thunderbolt
Slowbro is left with 45% after Leftovers

Slowbro used Jack Off
Slowbro restored health, SLOWBRO IS NOW AT FULL HEALTH WHEEE
Weezing used Thunderbolt
Slowbro wont be 2HKO'd

Here he withdrew Weezing, guess he figured out Weezing CAN'T TOUCH THIS Slowbro.

Weezing was withdrawn
Persian was sent out
Slowbro used Surf

Seriously? I was 110% sure that cat would die, but no0O0oO0oo. PERSIAN IS LEFT WITH LIKE 2% OMG. How troublesome. Seeing how Slowbro can pretty much wall the 3 Pokes he had left, and how it's obvious that he was going to Hypnosis, I decided to save Slowbro and send out something to absorb the sleep.

Slowbro was withdrawn
Heracross was sent out
Persian used Hypnosis
Heracross is wetdreaming

Mwahhaha, time for Slowbro to come back and sweep.

Heracross was withdrawn
Slowbro was sent out
Persian used Nasty Plot

Whatever attack it is, it CAN'T TOUCH THIS.

Persian used Thunderbolt
SLOWBRO DIED

2-3 Him

Azumarill was sent out
Persian was withdrawn
Weezing was sent out
Weezing takes lame damage from Aqua Jet

Azumarill was withdrawn
Heracross was sent out
Heracross takes a lame Thunderbolt in the face
Heracross is still sleeping

Weezing was withdrawn
Persian was sent out
HERACROSS WOKE UP AND CLOSE COMBATED THAT CAT IN THE FACE

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET YOU CATWHORE!

Infernape was sent out
Heracross stayed in and "was singed by Flamethrower"

1-2 Him

Well, here's the the moment of truth (how cliche). I had an Azumarill with around ~23% health left, he still have that Ape and Weezing. If that Ape Flamethrowered, I wasn't too sure if I would survive. And there's always that Thunderbolting Weezing. Things look a bit rough.

I now have 2 options. One I can Aqua Jet and kill that ape if that thing stays in and Flamethrower. But that would means I would have to be REALLY lucky when it comes to Para-hax to beat Weezing. Or I can Waterfall in hopes of him switching to Weezing and then kill it. But either way, I needed to survive a Flamethrower with the feeble health I had left to win.

I made my move and chose Waterfall instead of Aqua Jet.

Infernape used Flamethrower

I froze as I saw the health bar slowly decreasing. It was going down, and down, and lower. And then it stopped.

Azumarill survived with 9HP. Wow, IV breeding FTW. DIE MONKEY DIE!

1-1

In comes Weezing. Okay, I'm dead, there was no way I can OHKO a semi healthy Weezing with Waterfall when it's not raining. It's all good, it's been a nice game.

Weezing is sent out
Azumarill used Waterfall
Weezing takes about 60%
WEEZING FUCKING FLINCHED
ROFL

Azumarill goes for the kill
WATERFALL BEEEYOTCH
Weezing died

1-0 Me

Geezus, that was a close battle. That flinch was amazing. Thanks Cluster for a very good game without Gyarados, Blissey, Cresslia, Tyranitar, Garchomp or Skamory.

Props:
-Everything
-Well I guess no OU rampages

Slops:
-None
-Well I guess Crithax

This is the "funnest" battle I've ever had.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
oh my god i loved this, i was rolling on the floor through the entire thing.

No real slops, just fun.

lol@cancerballs

Now, Infernape was sent out. I had a feeling I would need Magnezone for later, so it's time for a re-run of..."Bye Bye Butterfree". I switched Magnezone for Butterfree, who takes a CRITICAL HIT FLAMETHROWER TO THE FACE AND DIED. The ultimate sacrifice, Butterfree didn't get to really shine in this battle. Too bad.

Hah my favorite part

Loved the Samba De Amigo reference. SOMEONE PLEASE SEND ME A PV RIP OF VAMOS A CARNIVAL T_T

Anyways, interesting how you had two similar team members, and props to him for using Persian. Shame it did shit damage though.

Weezing used Thunderbolt
Slowbro still hangs on
Slowbro used Thunder Wave
Testiclez is now paralyzed.......

Slowbro used Jack Off
Slowbro restored health, SLOWBRO IS NOW AT FULL HEALTH WHEEE
Weezing used Thunderbolt
Slowbro wont be 2HKO'd
Best parts in that whole story but as a whole it was pretty damn funny.

I had to stop reading when you kept skipping turns and explaining them in standard text rather than battle bold. Was slightly confusing and it's too late to decode tonight. =P

I had to stop reading when you kept skipping turns and explaining them in standard text rather than battle bold. Was slightly confusing and it's too late to decode tonight. =P
Same, I got confused at the part when Magnezone was sent out against Azumarill then Infernape KO'd Magenzone.

I finished it tho, nice read.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First time I've seen Azumarill and Ludicolo on both teams in a warstory >.>; Wonder why Ludi doesn't get much use anymore. Still seems perfectly useable.

And I feel like watching that Bye Bye Butterfree episode again =(

XD XD XD

That was awesome! Aqua Rabbit for the win!

I never thought I'd see the day that Azu could actually take advantage of Waterfall's flinchax! So very cool.

Hmm, I edited and made the fact that there were two Azus clearer.

And I know, funny how a good Poke like Ludicolo is so underused.

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I too feel like watching Bye Bye Butterfree again. I remember crying to it. Lolz, I was 10, give me a break.

Why switch Slowbro in when he had already shown that it was Nasty Plot Persian? And you got lucky waking up to Close Combat...

Anyways way it was a fun read.

great battle. i faced that guy a couple of nights ago. It's my only "real" win against a smogon player at the moment. I had a calm mind suicune. he had azumarill, weezing, infernape, and possibly gardevoir left (although I'm pretty sure it was 3-2; i also had heracross, but that was quite irrelevant with cancerballs (lolz) on the field).

I did enjoy how you wrote your story though. especially when you talk about taking a flamethrower to the face.

Great story. I haven't seen an Azumarill online yet and it looks to be fairly effective! I had no idea its Aqua Jet did that much damage.

Tinnacious said:
HERACROSS WOKE UP AND CLOSE COMBATED THAT CAT IN THE FACE

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET YOU CATWHORE!
This directly cracked me the fuck up and I have no idea why

I echo the sentiments. Skipping fluff turns, like Protect/Wish whoring, is good, but some deviations from the standard format made it kind of an irritating read.

That said, the commentary was excellent. Got a few good belly laughs out of it.

And who cares if two blue bunnies were in it, two DANCING PINEAPPLES are better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)