Chuck's Desperadoes

So, my first Little Cup team, after a rocky start on Pokemon Showdown and a couple of switches it's working. Rather well, actually. I just need some constructive criticism and perhaps a little help perfecting it. Thank you in advance if you do! :D

Norris, the Machop @ Oran Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 206 ATK 125 DEF 125 SP. DEF
Nature: Adamant
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

So, I normally lead with Machop finding that he can combat and outspeed most other leads I've seen. His ability, No Guard, means that all my attacks are 100% accurate, a Godsend. This means that the previously 50% accurate Dynamic Punch always hits and always confuses making it a fantastic move dealing a lot of damage and messing up certain strategies with Confusion. Dynamic Punch also helps rid the field of Aipom, Meowth and Snover amongst others.
I have Earthquake to deal with electric and fire types notably Houndour and Elekid and just do a large quantity of damage.
Ice Punch allows Machop to counter otherwise lethal flying types and hit Hippotas when fighting Sand teams. The added bonus of freezing will also put a spanner in the works of most teams.
Bullet punch helps Machop catch up with faster leads and Pokemon also offering the last minute damage to turn the battle.
I give Machop an Oran Berry to allow him to take heavy damage from other leads first turn, be able to switch out and still battle effectively afterwards also the health increase is damned useful during a sweep.

Moby Dick @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 18- SP. ATK 125 DEF 125 SP. DEF
Nature: Modest
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power (Grass)

Moby Dick is my main special sweeper boasting a variety of powerful, wide-ranging moves.
Hydro Pump offers a incredibly powerful albeit a little inaccurate beatdown with STAB to get rid of bulky ground or rock types (commonly seen on Sand teams)as well as fire types.
Thunderbolt offers a little more coverage as well as viable combat against Rain teams. It's added paralysis effect can also mess the foe up.
Ice Beam is in for it's power, accuracy and freezing. It also gives Moby strength against lethal grass-types.
Hidden Power Grass is for mainly the same reason as Hydro Pump just offering a more accurate alternative. This move was initially Agility but I found that there wasn't much need to be much faster and in the time it took to set up I usually took a major hit.
Volt Absorb and the Air Baloon help eliminate some of Moby's weaknesses with Volt Absorb a nasty surprise for attacking electric-types.

Juggernaut, the shiny Aron @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 225 ATK 180 DEF 103 SP. DEF
Nature: Impish
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Shadow Claw
- Rock Polish

One of my favourite Little Cup Pokemon and my Physical Sweeper.
Juggernaut's main use is to speed up with Rock Polish and Head Smash to victory, his ability taking the recoil. I've added Earthquake for added type coverage and a more accurate offense and Shadow Claw to take care of attacking Ghost-types such as Gastly or Misdreavus.
Aron's Eviolite's sole purpose is to bulk him up a bit.

Porta, the Paras @ Focus Sash
Ability: Focus Sash
EVs: 236 HP 116 ATK 156 DEF
Nature: Impish
- X-Scissor
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis
- Spore

Porta offers a little bit of support for the team, using Spore to immobilise serious threats so that she or the other members of the team can defeat them. She has Synthesis to heal herself so that she can be fresh for every switch as if low on HP a fast opponent can faint her before she can use Spore nevertheless her Focus Sash can keep her in there in prep for a Synthesis recovery. X-Scissor and Spore offer offensive choices with wide coverage and decent damage.

Proton, the Koffing @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 196 HP 236 DEF SP. ATK 36 SP. DEF 40
Nature: Bold
- Fire Blast
- Clear Smog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Proton, one of my favourite Pokemon of the team offers fantastic annoying capabilities in the form of Pain Split, Will-O-Wisp and Clear Smog whilst Pain Split also gives him a form of recovery to attempt a sweep. Fire Blast offers massive if a tad inaccurate damage whilst Clear Smog a more controlled, stat-normalising alternative. Proton's Black Sludge and overall bulk is sure to keep him in the game for a while.

Dolly, the Mareep @ Light Clay
Ability: Static
EVs: 196 DEF 76 SP. ATK 236 SP. DEF
Nature: Bold
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power (Grass)
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Dolly, usually sent out after Norris or at least near the start of the game, is my screener. Her Light Clay means Reflect and Light Screen offer doubles for both defences for 8 turns and in the fast-paced Little Cup this is awesome! Thunderbolt and Hidden Power (Grass) are thrown in there for added offense and the ability to combat Ground-types who could thwart her.

So, that's my team. Please comment and tell me what was good or bad and what could be improved!

Thank you!
B.

given you lack a spinner i'd say drop the focus sash on paras, maybe give machop eviolite and same with chinchou, i'd give aron iron head>shadow claw as a second STAB, maybe superpower to hit bronzor and go rock polish/head smash/iron head/super power.
Koffing will want eviolite too.
Maybe revise the items, do some play testing and make some tweaks. A good baseline for a team though.

You were right with the Eviolites on Chinchou and Koffing and Superpower works better on Aron than Earthquake! Thank you! However I think I'll keep Shadow Claw on Aron though as it's saved my ass more times than I could count in my playtesting! Also after a couple of matches I think I prefer the Oran Berry on Machop.

Thanks for your help!

It seems like you have a large weakness to Psychic types. Although the Shadow Claw on Aron is good, Psychic types can also learn Focus Blast and defeat it too. A quick-moving Psychic type comes along, and 4/6 of your team is gone. You should probably throw a dark-type move or two in there as an added safety.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)