SM OU Chris Brown - A choice band Victini HO

Alright, here is my first RMT! I've performed well with this team, even getting me to 1727! My idea with this team is just as the team title suggests, slap shit as hard as possible. I decided to look for the most threatening mons in the tier, and try to make a cohesive team with them.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Final Gambit

As the star of the team (pun intended), Victini shows a simple yet effective role on my team. Hit.Things.Stupidly.Hard. Victinis great typing, good bulk, and ridiculously strong moves in conjunction with Tapu Koko make Victini incredibly hard to switch into, and fairly easy to switch in. If Victini is for some reason a dead mon in the matchup, Final Gambit allows you to remove a problematic mon for the team, such as Heatran and Tyranitar. Everything else is obvious. Victini's signature move V-create hits everything stupidly hard after a handy dandy choice band boost, allowing it to threaten even resists with huge damage. U-Turn provides much-needed ability to pivot out of potentially bad situations, such as if you predict a Heatran switch in, while also providing momentum. Bolt Strike is on the set to synergize with Tapu Koko's Electric Terrain, and boost Bolt Strike to a staggering 195 base power. This huge move allows Victini to muscle past Heatran.

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This Magearna set is here to abuse Mageara's great bulk to set up a shift gear, then sweep through late game. Again, the electrium-z set is here to synergize with Tapu Koko's great terrain. T-bolt can reliably muscle past Toxapex, and Heatran after Electrium-Z or a boost from soul-heart. Fleur Cannon is obvious, as strong stab is SCARY off of a base 130 SPA. Hidden Power Fire is on the set to push past Ferrothorn if you for some reason couldn't remove it with Victini.

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 32 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Now, to the second most important mon to the team! Kept you waiting, huh? Tapu Koko! The man (uh)! The myth(not exactly)! The legend(there we go)! Tapu Koko acts as both an enabler to the team, and an anchor as well. Its electric surge allows it to power up its own, and its teammates, electric attacks by 1.5x. This allows it to hit hard and allows its teammates to hit much harder. Grass knot is on this set specifically since roost isn't important IMO on a hyper offense, and Grass knot allows Tapu Koko to lure in Mega Swampert and OHKO it. Everything else is explanatory on a look alone. T-bolt for stab, Volt Switch for momentum, and HP Ice to lure in Garchomp and Landorus-Therian.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb

Standard lead Excadrill. EQ for stab, SR to provide pressure, Rapid spin to keep your field clear of hazards, and Rock Tomb to slow down foggers so you can spam rocks better.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

The standard part of the Koko-Lucha core. Acrobatics is strong-flying stab, HJK is even stronger fighting stab, Sub is to abuse stall and fish for misses against mons like Torn-T and set up further. SD is simple. Press SD for both more unga AND bunga.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Return

Standard offense killer Mega Lopunny allows for big damage against other hyper offenses due to its strong stab and priority. Quick attack is used to pick off weakened mons after an attack, High Jump Kick is extremely strong stab, able to hit mons for huge damage. Fake out allows for free chip damage and can edge you into range for you to earn a KO. Return is secondary stab and hits every mon that High Jump Kick doesn't hit for at least neutral damage.

Thanks for taking a look-see! Catch me online if you want a battle on showdown on Namielle.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
this isn't really HO?
kind of just kokolucha + lead exca + random victini and lopunny and wack sg magearna
this team gets smashed by rain or even just specs greninja without rain.
your water resist is magearna, which is unable to touch a lot of things

My changes:
Magearna @ Iapapa Berry / Leftovers / Fightinium Z
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
EVs: outspeeds max scarf lando, dumped the rest into hp so you can live stuff like scarf kart sacred and ash gren shurikens
moves: fight + elec + ice coverage is insane. initial switchins usually are steel types, which focus or z-focus demolishes, and cleans up the rest with broken boltbeam coverage. the only things really walling this set are opposing assault vest magearnas, and fat psychics like reuni or mew

I think I should keep victini on this team because this "HO" is built off of it, but I think you should replace final gambit with zen headbutt for nice neutral damage when you're scared of opposing toxapex or brick break to beat heatran's face in. final gambit is usually reserved for choice scarf victini because it can revenge things very nicely, but with band victini you almost always would rather take the insane damage.

Mega Lopunny --> Z-Fly Gyarados

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Z-Fly Gyarados is one of the best sweepers in the tier right now in my opinion. Its ability to nuke annoying grass types like tangrowth, venusaur, kartana, bulu and snowball into a sweep is a fantastic option for HO.
Set is self explanatory

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute --> Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Easy zapdos check, sub usually isn't worth it while killing zapdos can usually lead to a sweep and if it doesn't, leads the way for Victini and Gyarados to shine

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot --> Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Added defog so that there isn't an auto-loss to webs and other screens ho teams. this koko would probably work better as screens but you don't have a great ground resist so this'll work fine

So, you have Band Victini, SG Magearna, Z-Fly Gyarados, Shuca Koko, Stone Edge Lucha, and lead Drill
Something else that you could do would be to change Victini to Bisharp, just so you have a little bit of defog blocking, and change Magearna to Swords Dance Mawile so you have the greatest double sucker ho in existence

A great try at an HO team but just a couple things were missing. Good job!

Last edited:
this isn't really HO?
kind of just kokolucha + lead exca + random victini and lopunny and wack sg magearna
this team gets smashed by rain or even just specs greninja without rain.
your water resist is magearna, which is unable to touch a lot of things

My changes:
Magearna @ Iapapa Berry / Leftovers / Fightinium Z
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
EVs: outspeeds max scarf lando, dumped the rest into hp so you can live stuff like scarf kart sacred and ash gren shurikens
moves: fight + elec + ice coverage is insane. initial switchins usually are steel types, which focus or z-focus demolishes, and cleans up the rest with broken boltbeam coverage. the only things really walling this set are opposing assault vest magearnas, and fat psychics like reuni or mew

I think I should keep victini on this team because this "HO" is built off of it, but I think you should replace final gambit with zen headbutt for nice neutral damage when you're scared of opposing toxapex or brick break to beat heatran's face in. final gambit is usually reserved for choice scarf victini because it can revenge things very nicely, but with band victini you almost always would rather take the insane damage.

Mega Lopunny --> Z-Fly Gyarados

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Z-Fly Gyarados is one of the best sweepers in the tier right now in my opinion. Its ability to nuke annoying grass types like tangrowth, venusaur, kartana, bulu and snowball into a sweep is a fantastic option for HO.
Set is self explanatory

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute --> Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Easy zapdos check, sub usually isn't worth it while killing zapdos can usually lead to a sweep and if it doesn't, leads the way for Victini and Gyarados to shine

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot --> Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Added defog so that there isn't an auto-loss to webs and other screens ho teams. this koko would probably work better as screens but you don't have a great ground resist so this'll work fine

So, you have Band Victini, SG Magearna, Z-Fly Gyarados, Shuca Koko, Stone Edge Lucha, and lead Drill
Something else that you could do would be to change Victini to Bisharp, just so you have a little bit of defog blocking, and change Magearna to Swords Dance Mawile so you have the greatest double sucker ho in existence

A great try at an HO team but just a couple things were missing. Good job!
After some playtesting, gyara doesnt do anything that z-fighting mag doesnt accomplish on its own. anything else you may suggest?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)