SV OU Chople Samurot-H + Specs Hoopa Balance

TheSergio235

Banned deucer.
Shadows Resurgence

:sv/Samurott-Hisui: :sv/Great Tusk: :sv/Kingambit: :sv/Iron Moth: :sv/Hoopa-Unbound: :sv/Tornadus-Therian:

Felt like it was already time so here it is, my first-ever Rmt. After my friend Savouras gave me the idea of this Samurot set (thnx bro) ideas started to flow. It works as a perfect bait for both Kingambit and Great Tusk so either hazards stay up or Hoopa Clicks Dark Pulse to shatter everyone in the tier. Without further to do let's begin.

1.Peak

1693344133100.png

Been playing for 3 days since I returned to ladder like I did back in the day and by using this team I was able to hit 1800s in Olt season. It isnt very impresive I know, but it was so smooth to me that maybe I wasnt the only reason and the team did part of the hard lifting. Ofk I will be pussing it harder and harder to 1900s and beyond, this is just the start.

2.Team and Description

1693322347813.png

Shadows do indeed kill twice

The star of the show and main reason for this becoming public. The idea with this is pretty simple, uppon lead mu you decide how to use the bait and try to force a situation where a Great Tusk wants to either Rapid Spin vs you or Close Combat if they are offensive. Vs Gambit this is more of a check once they get a Sd up since you have natural resist to it unless they are Tera fairy in which case Moth and Tusk are the actual checks to it. It depends on the team you are facing but unless there is a Cinderace try and achieve a situation vs Tusk to claim the free kill and spikes are going up. Tera is used to be able to further check a Valiant thinking they can just ko with Close Combat if Chople is consumed. Furthermore, if you feel brazy, Hydro Cannon is an option that OHKOs Tusk and doesn't miss as much but you give up the mon after you use it.

252 Atk Protosynthesis Great Tusk Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 188 Def Chople Berry Samurott-Hisui: 249-294 (64.8 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Samurott-Hisui Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 396-468 (91.2 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 188 Def Chople Berry Samurott-Hisui: 287-338 (74.7 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
40+ Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Sacred Sword vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 408-480 (102 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

1693322368186.png

God give them Stealth Rock couse I don't care

Landorus-The.... I mean Great Tusk is the Hazard removal of the team, since you can't go wrong with it it's an automatic inclusion to the team. It serves as a Dragonite check a Kingambit check (if that even exists) and classic Tusk stuff. The decision of Tera fire is because opposing Iron Moth could get tricky if it uses Tera to tank Aqua Jet and/or Tornadus is low. Ofk there are other options such as Steel, Fairy, and Water to name a few but Vert sun was so common in ladder that Fire seemed like the best way to go. Fire also helps vs WoW Cinderace which is kinda anoying for the team and forces Moth always which could be abused.

1693322389119.png

Jaja now calc it vs +2 5 allays fainted Tera Dark Kotow Kleave

Guess shampo also has instructions so let's proceed, King of Ou and best dark type in the format is our next addition. Samurot takes care of Great Tusk which allows this to shine. Tera Electric only gives it 1 weakness, Ground, and if there is no Tusk there is probably no Grounds left which means set up is free if at max hp. Another cool side effect is that now u can hit Dondozo pre Tera for a lot of dmg and that you sit on Zapdos forever. Kotow was selected over Iron Head due to how spamable it is and the power difference as we get boosts. Max hp allows to further check Dragapult and the speed isn't needed since you ko Corvinight already.

+1 252 Atk Baxcalibur Earthquake vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 304-358 (76 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Tera Electric Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 194-230 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Zapdos Hurricane vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Tera Electric Kingambit: 82-97 (20.5 - 24.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

1693322413194.png

Where did my sun go?

Upon realizing the team was almost all dead if it ever faced Iron Valiant or Enamorus we agreed we had to bring a fire type. As for why this one reason is simple, Toxic Spikes. If Tusk is gone and Cinde doesn't want to switch into you only things like Pex and Slowking-Galar can eat the tspikes meaning a doble to Hoopa is really potent and will give a lot of value. As for the moves, I've experimented with using Morning Sun but it meant I had to give up on crucial coverage so skipped it. Sludge Waveit helps us deal with said Cinderace better since u can catch it in a doble trying to Courth Change a TSpike. Tera Fairy allows to chip down mons like Ting Lu and Dragons as well as give a inmunity to Dragon attacks in the Bax mu.

0 SpA Zapdos Hurricane vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Iron Moth: 133-157 (44 - 51.9%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Baxcalibur Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 44 Def Tera Fairy Iron Moth: 250-295 (82.7 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 4 HP / 44 Def Iron Moth: 127-150 (42 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

1693322565631.png

UU mon they said

The Black Hole himself is the breaker for the team and a beautiful pair for this Samurot. Let's face it, this guy is as nuke as it gets period. It has if given a free turn 2 checks in Ting Lu and Protect Scouting. After removing Kingambit (or if they are not Leftovers you can just kill it by using Dark Pulse) it has a field day versus most of the balanced teams in the meta like it did back in the day in Gen 6 Ou. Tera could be Grass if you want to OHKO spedef Garg and always trade vs Walking Wake but Fairy gave me an ensurance vs Sd Valiant and Darco Spam in the Sun mu as well as Baxcalibur. The speed is for most defensive Zapdos since the extra bulk allowed to tank some nice things as mentioned below.

96+ SpA Choice Specs Hoopa-Unbound Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Garganacl: 372-438 (92 - 108.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Iron Valiant Close Combat vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Hoopa-Unbound: 297-349 (85.1 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Draco Meteor vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 322-379 (92.2 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Hoopa-Unbound in Sun: 297-351 (85.1 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

1693322599914.png

Knock off and U-Turn out for free funny right??

Like Melmetal in Gen 8 the last mon is used to glue it all together. We were still a bit weak to special fairies and the team was not that fast so this was a perfect fit. Assault Vest allows you to scout moves on pokemon like Valiant Enamorus Dragapult etc and then go to your proper check for them. After playing with the moves and sets I settled on Icy Wind for 2 reasons. Ensures chip vs Dragons and you can do 25% to Zapdos without using tera. Using Tera meant no Kingambit Terra so we made it Icy Wind. A secondary use is vs Sd Valiant and booster moons in general. Turn 1 vs them you Icy Wind on potential Tera and then u can attack with your strong moves which is clutch. Tera Steel gets rid of the Rock weakness and provides the amazing defensive value it always has.

3. Teambuilding Process

Samurot was the start ofk and even tho we thought of Dragapult would be the best pair for it it was not, the damage is kinda mid and its didnt abuse the trade potential this set had since it could always fire blast a Kingambit switching in. Then Hoopa came to mind and it was perfect, I had already used it in a previous build when Ursifu was around with a similar concept and it worked like it did there. The Fairy weakness was obious so Moltres the ultimate fairy check was added but it resulted in a slow team without many options vs Offense so we opted on Iron Moth for the amazing Toxic Spikes given the ease Hoopa has dealing with absorbers. While we could abuse no Kingambit there was no Tusk abuser so our own Kingambit was added. It fixed the Dragapult match up kinda and abused no Tusk wonderfully with that Tera Electric tech. Last mon was Tornadus to have some speed control and sponge hits vs choice attackers in case there were 50/50s vs Moth like in Enamorus mu. Tusk is there as well.

4. Usage Tips

Recognise how you can bring Hoopa in from the beginning because it will nuke it all that is crucial. Tru and force the Tusk/Gambit situation whenever possible since they will be tempted to fall on the bait. Majority of matchups momentum is key, if you start giving free turns here and there to massive threats you will lose to them. In Zapdos matchup force it in vs Kingambit (when Tusk is dead there will be no other decent check to it) and go to town with it. Torn is not a god, it is susceptible to hazards and has only got regenerator to heal so use it with care each time it switches in.

5. Replays

6. Threat List

Baxcalibur is hard to deal with there is no way of getting around it. If it's Sd Moth aggressive play and Sucker Punch + Tera on Hoopa is the go-to. If it's Cb pray you read them and get tspike up asap pls. Vs Dragon Dance, we just cry and try and win with Kingambit late game. Tusk also can make it so it's in range of Gambits sucker if you can make the sack.

Garganacl This guy is annoying but not as bad as you might think tbh. If you play aggressive vs it and bring Hoopa pre-tera fairy to grass knot it does massive damage and if they terra fairy you still do 47% and have Iron Moth in the back. It is hard but manageable.

Rain is a pain to since our water resist is Samurot. Vs those teams since they tend to lack good removal try and get Toxic Spikes early and play smart with your Hoopa and Kingambit.

7. Shoutouts

Savouras my friend thnx for giving me the idea and staying up at night to coock this heat team (and the other ones) in which Samu looks like a Wall Street broker trading everywhere.

8.Team Importable and Outro

Congrats, you skipped all the text and went straight to the meat and potatoes I respect it. Anyway hope you enjoyed this RMT and like using the team. If any of you have any questions/suggestions feel free to post it in the comments I'll be glad to respond.

https://pokepast.es/7373b087832990b9

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)