Choice scarf is underrated RMT (peaked 200)

I have had alot of luck with making teams with 2 or more choice scarfers. I like to switch alot so I don't like stat up moves much. Here it is:

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Crunch

This guy has pretty good coverage bulk and thanks to choice scarf speed. It can get alot of surprise kos against a variety of pokemon. I use superpower mostly against dark types. Ice beam takes care of gliscor, landorus, and a few others. Pursuit is for those annoying people who like to switch alot and crunch is for power.

Gastrodon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 184 HP / 216 SAtk / 108 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sandstorm
- Recover

I discovered this set myself and it works great. Many people don't expect to face a gastrodon that is this powerful. Scald is great for its power and chance of burn. HP fire is for those ferrothorns that try to switch in. I like getting surprise kills on that pokemon. Sandstorm is to stop drizzle when I send him in against politoed. Recover helps me restore life orb damage and survive longer.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
- Trick

Choice scarf allows me to get alot of flinches with iron head. Ice punch allows me to ohko those dragon dancers and outspeed them with choice scarf. Fire punch provides good coverage and can damage alot of pokemon that are 4x weak to it. If choice scarf is causing problems or if there is a pokemon I really need to cripple I can just use trick.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Stealth rock and spikes really helps end stallish matches. I know I don't have a spin blocker but my team does such a good job of countering every pokemon that knows rapid spin I don't even need to set up stealth rock and spikes in those cases. Overall this is a pretty standard set. Skarmory has too low of attack to use brave bird effectively.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect

This gliscor is a perfect combination of offense and bulk. It can surprise many people by surviving things that would kill most gliscors like bullet punch after a few swords dances by scizor and choice band outrage haxorus. Also I like to use facade as those annoying rotoms try to switch in. Protect gives me even more bulk and allows me to survive even more things.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 160 HP / 192 Def / 112 SAtk / 44 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Recover

Bolt beam provides nice coverage and is another counter to dragon dancers. He can switch in to alot of things thanks to the extra defense from eviolite. Toxic helps with stalling and is a great move as well. I used to have lower special attack but I have found the higher special attack helps get more 2 hit kos and breaks heatrans substitute with thunderbolt.

Hey maynnneee cool team.

I don't like crunch AND pursuit on TTar. I would get rid of crunch. Most ghost or psychics that face TTar are going to run IMO and a pursuit would be more than enough to take him out. Instead, I would run some move to take on Ninetails who are trying to weather war you. A Earthquake would be the most obvious option.

Hey maynnneee cool team.

I don't like crunch AND pursuit on TTar. I would get rid of crunch. Most ghost or psychics that face TTar are going to run IMO and a pursuit would be more than enough to take him out. Instead, I would run some move to take on Ninetails who are trying to weather war you. A Earthquake would be the most obvious option.
I would use SE over EQ if you're getting rid of crunch, it covers the same threat (Ninetails) and its also STAB + higher base power.

Also for a status move on P2 I suggest t-wave, because with 2 scarfers you dont have much time for stall, but if toxic is working for you, keep it.

I would use SE over EQ if you're getting rid of crunch, it covers the same threat (Ninetails) and its also STAB + higher base power.
Yea, SE would be a really good option for STAB but its if you want to risk the accuracy. I prefer EQ for the good power and 100 accuracy, then again air ballons are getting more popular. whatever works

First off, don't forget to invest 4 EVs in HP for both Skarm and T-Tar. Speaking of Skarmory you should shift those EVs from SDef over to Def since you'll want all the bulk you can get and my future suggestions will help you cover the metagame's special threats. Another change that should be implimented is the use of a Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk) nature on Tyranitar along with Rock Slide in place of Ice Beam. You could also use Stone Edge for the extra power though the decrease in accuracy is always a turn-off.

Next, change Gliscor's EV spread to 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spd. This allows you to outspeed variants of Toxicroak using an Adamant nature and KO them with EQ before they smack you with an Ice Punch and proceed to sweep your team. It also lets you outrun Lucario though he isn't as much of a problem seeing as you have T-Tar to revenge kill those without BP. To further compliment this extra measure defense given to your team I'm also going to suggest using the standard Gastrodon. The additional bulk will give your team a great way to sponge powerful special hits such as DM from Latios.

Finally, I feel that Jirachi can be replaced. You don't need it to revenge kill DD users like Gyarados and Mence since it can't even touch the prior and while you can destroy the later with Ice Punch you'll have to risk a speed tie which could mean a quick death. Meanwhile, both of these Pokemon and more are already under control since you have Porygon2. My suggestion is to replace it with Latias. It works amazingly as a CM sweeper alongside Spikes since they can really help wear down all of its counters to the point where they can be defeated with a boosted HP [Fire] or Dragon Pulse. Roar can also be used to rack up even more entry hazards damage and to give your team some insurance against both Virizion and Reuniclus who you can set-up alongside and phaze out. Good team and good luck.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers l Sassy l 252 HP / 16 SAtk / 240 SDef
Earthquake l Scald / Ice Beam l Toxic l Recover

Latias @ Leftovers l Timid l 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Dragon Pulse l Calm Mind l Recover l Hidden Power [Fire] / Roar

I have tried using gliscor using minimal attack like you suggest and it does not work. It makes it so earthquake doesn't do much and as a result I lose to ferrothorn and scizor which are some of the most used pokemon in the metagame. Gliscor doesn't really need the speed for anything anyway and I have never had a problem with toxicroak. I don't really like the standard gastrodon since I need another good way to kill ferrothorn since he is so common. Jirachi is on the team to deal with things like gengar and reuniculus which it does a surprisingly well at countering. If there is a better way to deal with pokemon that have fighting and dark/ghost moves let me know because I haven't found anything yet. Jirachi works the best by far of anything else I have tried and he is high on the smogon usage stats for a reason.

Ok since no one can find any weaknesses in this team can someone help me make a counter team for this team. A counter team can be made for any team so maybe if I make one for this team I could identify its weaknesses easier.

This team is weakest to fighting and fire so maybe a choice scarf infernape would work. Ninetales might be good as well. I can't use too many fire types though or I might have some problems with gastrodon and t-tar. What other pokemon should I use when making a counter team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)