Chlorophyll Sweepers

Why are people worried about mach punch while using sawsbuck? It never stopped me before. Are you just maxing out speed or something? You really don't need much speed investment...most of it can be put into HP.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
well, there's already a Sun thread, iirc, and this thread is specifically aimed to discuss chlorophyll users, so talks of other uncommon beneficiaries of Sun, we could just do that in the general Sun thread, I guess?
Those uncommon beneficiaries of sun are what should make most of sun's driving force to be honest. Aside from four of them, the chlorophyll sweepers don't give as much to sun as certain other Pokemon do. Volcorona can end games on his own with sun support and is extremely hard to stop if you aren't running a terrakion or balloon heatran(in the case of hp ground volcorona). Dragons are flat out muscled down by resisted attacks with 1 or 2 boosts under your belt. Even better? Volcorona resists both Mach punch and bullet punch.

The other sun thread is pretty outdated at this point and bumping it would serve no purpose unless Icyman is willing to be bothered.

In any case, I agree with Green Mage on Sawsbuck. I don't see the point in being that scared of Mach punch because it isn't even an ohko. Sure, you'll die if your hp is low, but by that point Sawsbuck should have already killed something.

Victreebel>Venusaur hands down. Venusaur needs to get his hands on giga drain and power whip in order to change this statement. You have no idea how frustrating it is to attempt to do anything with this pokemon when you don't have a growth boost. The base power on the attacks are just too low. In spite of weather wars, I started using solar beam when I realized that i was getting fed up with energy ball. And solarbeam is a usable attack. Just don't toss it out there when your opponent still has Tyranitar out(nobody is going to switch politoed into venusaur unless they're trying to bait hp fire with ferrothorn).

Ah, cool, thanks. I'd guess Gengar would be a pretty solid addition to Sun teams as well: can switch into Mach Punch, Earthquake, and Rapid Spin, and hits hard and fast enough to deal with most threats. 4x resist to Bug is nice too.
And its healing is better, since Sun negates Sandstorm, so, negates the annoying Sandstorm damage for both items that the Ghost carries, Lefties and LO

You guys are underestimating Shiftry, its best definition is which I saw in a RMT "It is more fragile than an emo kid" but useful really.

One big thing which is wrong in the OP is, Jumpluff is not used for Seeds, Whimsicott is better in its role and it does not need to rely on weather. Jumpluff has one thing better than Whimsi, which is Sleep Powder(Whimsi has Grasswhistle, but its accuracy sucks)

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Sawsbuck is really underused IMO. The coverage he gets with his moves is resisted by only a couple pokemon in OU currently. Gengar resists or is immune to everything sawsbuck usually carries, but he has a chance of being OHKO'd by horn leech after a boost and stealth rock damage. Skarmory is really the only thing in OU who can safely counter sawsbuck, but a good OU team should carry at least one skarmory counter. If you pair him with the right pokemon, sawsbuck will tear through OU teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)