Check out and rate my RU Team!

Ok so first off let me thank you for coming in and looking at my team and giving it a rating. Any comments/criticism is more than welcome! The general idea of the team is to set up as many entry hazards as possible and get as many status conditions as I can before bringing in the heavy hitters for late game sweeps. So far is has primarily worked pretty nicely and I haven't had many issues with it. Some of the issues I've had I have laid out in the description of why I am using that Pokemon and the strategy behind it.

Pokemon Name: Sandslash
Type: Ground
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature: Impish
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

Moveset:
Toxic
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Earthquake

Basis for using Sandslash:
I like Sandslash as a possible lead. I'll be honest, I haven't used it with this team. It is the only Poke'mon that I don't have tested. I originally had a Gligar, but noticed that it is in the UU tier. I needed something that was physically defensive but could also set up Stealth Rocks. I have been plagued recently with entry hazards so I wanted to have a Rapid Spinner as well, and he seemed perfect. Toxic is there as an annoyance to get risidual damage. Earthquake is so I have one attacking move.

Pokemon Name: Qwilfish
Type: Water/Poison
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

Moveset:
Spikes
Supersonic
Thunder Wave
Waterfall

Basis for using Qwilfish:
Qwilfish is also used as an annoyance. I like getting in there and trying to set up Spikes, but that is actually the second game plan with this Poke'mon. The original plan is to get in and immediately set up the Supersonic. This way there is a chance of the Poke'mon doing damage to itself first. Hit it with the Thunder Wave so you have the para-fusion going on, and then lay layers of Spikes down.

Poke'mon Name: Uxie
Type: Psychic
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm

EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def

Moveset:
Light Screen
Reflect
Toxic
U-Turn

Basis for using Uxie:
Uxie is a specially defensive tank. There is just no way around it. After setting up a light screen, this thing is so hard to take down. If you're in against an specially offensive sweeper, you're good to go. It's basically been a dual screen toxic stalling Uxie. To be honest, U-Turn has only helped me out on one occassion. I think I should replace it with Psychic or some kind of Psychic attack.

Pokemon Name: Entei
Type: Fire
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid

EVs: 136 HP/120 SpA/252 Speed

Moveset:
Substitute
Calm Mind
Roar
Flamethrower

Basis for using Entei:

I needed a fire type on this team and Entei is what I ended up coming to. I like this Substitute/Calm Mind set with this team and how it can function. If Sandslash and Qwilfish have laid down their entry hazards, then I can switch into Entei on a favorable match up. Hopefully my opponent switches out giving me the chance to get a Substitute up. At that point, I can start using Roar or Calm Mind to keep the rotation of entry hazards going, or boost up my Special Attack for a Flame Thrower.

Pokemon Name: Hariyama
Type: Fighting
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
Item: Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 Attk/172 SpD/84 Speed

Moveset:
Stone Edge
Bullet Punch
Fake Out
Close Combat

Basis for using Hariyama:
I don't think it is hard to see the reasoning for using this Pokemon. Great move pool to draw from and the Guts boost from the Toxic Orb is amazing. Max attack helps build this thing into a Physically offensive nightmare for opponents. Priority moves in both Fake Out and Bullet Punch. Flying types stand no chance against Stone Edge and CC does a ton of damage. You will get worn down with poision, but it's well worth it for the power this Pokemon puts out.

Pokemon Name: Lilligant
Type: Grass
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Timid
Item: Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed

Moveset:
Giga Drain
Quiver Dance
Sleep Powder
Rest

Basis for using Lilligant:
This is my specially offensive sweeper. I have had so much luck with this Pokemon and I attribute it to a great move set. Quiver Dance will raise the Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed all by one stage. Most of the time I get a clean switch on to Lilligant and can hit a Sleep Powder putting something to sleep. That allows me to get a Quiver Dance or multiple ones up depending on what attack I am taking. I always tend to wait until I am in the yellow and then hit the rest. Lum Berry will activate and wake me up so I've got a couple of Quiver Dances up and then I am at full health or near. At that time I can start using Giga Drain to help boost my HP back up. It really has been a great Pokemon and I think of it as like a Resto/Chesto Kingdra type set.

Sandslash? No. Aerodactyl. True, aerodactyl isn't a spinner, but it's WAY faster than sandslash. It can set up stealth rock as well, and it gets taunt. If this was a sandstorm team, sandslash would be better, but...
For Aerodactyl, I suggest this:

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Stone Edge
Stealth rock is there because you need it set up, taunt to annoy and to ruin walls. Whirlwind allows you to have another phazer besides entei, because if you want to spread around the entry hazard damage, you're going to need more than 1 phazer. Stone edge is a powerful stab that works well with aerodactyl's high attack.

On Hariyama, a flame orb would be better, it does less damage, and guts actually completely ignores the attack drop from burns. It boosts your attack the same amount.

Uxie you could replace with something that can dual screen and use gravity. You'll need gravity with an entry hazard heavy strategy. If you want to keep Uxie, do get rid of U-turn, it's useless since Uxie doesn't have a high enough speed to use it. You have basically two options, psychic or psyshock, and it depends on whether you plan to be walling sweepers or outstalling walls. If you're facing walls, go with psyshock. There are almost 0 specially defensive sponges in Ru. If you're looking to take on sweepers, then psychic will be better as it has more power.

Lilligant is pretty good, but you could run dream eater, as rest really won't help you uch. Almost anything can 2HKO Lilligant while it's sleeping, so it's really not very helpful.

And shouldn't qwilfish have toxic spikes too?

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Please disregard what the above user has posted, it sounds harsh but most of the things they said isn't much help at all and show a lack of experience in the RU tier.

Now that that harsh reality has been realized, lets get to business. Your team is extremely one-dimensional with your set-up sweepers only have a single offensive move and absolutely no coverage. Your team is focused on Spikes stacking offense but you lack a Ghost-type Pokemon to block opposing Rapid Spin users such as Sandslash, Cryogonal, or Hitmonchan. Not to mention some of the Pokemon are not very much help to your team in general.

First order of matter change Uxie to either a Nasty Room Cofagrigus or Spiritomb. Cofagrigus keeps your team on the offensive with a powerful and bulky attacker, while CroTomb is a frightening and self-dependable Stallbreaker. I recommend you test both of them out.

As for your hazards core Sandslash and Qwilfish are just fine. Qwilfish adds a nice defensive backbone, but the set you are currently using isn't very good. TWave is just fine along with Waterfall for Paraflinch, but Supersonic is just not a very good or reliable move. If deciding to take Cofag with you run Taunt over Supersonic, but if using CroTomb use Toxic Spikes. Your current Sandslash set is good, but you can experiment with Stone Edge over Toxic if Aerodactyl gives you too much trouble.

Your team is kind of slow barring Lilligant and Entei won't be as good without Dual Screens. I would recommend a physical set instead with your choice of Leftovers or Life Orb. Lefties makes Entei's survivability much higher, but LO will make it easier to pick off weakened Pokemon and works well with hazards. Hariyama's set is just fine and works very well with hazards and along with Entei to take down opponents through priority and Yama's Close Combat deals massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Toxic Orb is better than Flame Orb in RU due to Cofag being so common and losing Guts and being burned sucks.

Now Lilligant, its spread is fine, but what needs to change are its item and moves.
Grass-type attacks have terrible coverage and attempting a ChestoRest set on Lilligant isn't very good. I would say to change item to Life Orb and ditch Rest for Hidden Power [Rock] as you have Entei to deal with Steel-types already.

Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SpD / 2 Spe
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spe)
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dark Pulse

Qwilfish (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Taunt / Toxic Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall

Entei @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Note: Using Adamant with HP Grass because due to Event Entei is required to run Adamant to have Flare Blitz and Extremespeed

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Please disregard what the above user has posted, it sounds harsh but most of the things they said isn't much help at all and show a lack of experience in the RU tier.

Now that that harsh reality has been realized, lets get to business. Your team is extremely one-dimensional with your set-up sweepers only have a single offensive move and absolutely no coverage. Your team is focused on Spikes stacking offense but you lack a Ghost-type Pokemon to block opposing Rapid Spin users such as Sandslash, Cryogonal, or Hitmonchan. Not to mention some of the Pokemon are not very much help to your team in general.

First order of matter change Uxie to either a Nasty Room Cofagrigus or Spiritomb. Cofagrigus keeps your team on the offensive with a powerful and bulky attacker, while CroTomb is a frightening and self-dependable Stallbreaker. I recommend you test both of them out.

As for your hazards core Sandslash and Qwilfish are just fine. Qwilfish adds a nice defensive backbone, but the set you are currently using isn't very good. TWave is just fine along with Waterfall for Paraflinch, but Supersonic is just not a very good or reliable move. If deciding to take Cofag with you run Taunt over Supersonic, but if using CroTomb use Toxic Spikes. Your current Sandslash set is good, but you can experiment with Stone Edge over Toxic if Aerodactyl gives you too much trouble.

Your team is kind of slow barring Lilligant and Entei won't be as good without Dual Screens. I would recommend a physical set instead with your choice of Leftovers or Life Orb. Lefties makes Entei's survivability much higher, but LO will make it easier to pick off weakened Pokemon and works well with hazards. Hariyama's set is just fine and works very well with hazards and along with Entei to take down opponents through priority and Yama's Close Combat deals massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Toxic Orb is better than Flame Orb in RU due to Cofag being so common and losing Guts and being burned sucks.

Now Lilligant, its spread is fine, but what needs to change are its item and moves.
Grass-type attacks have terrible coverage and attempting a ChestoRest set on Lilligant isn't very good. I would say to change item to Life Orb and ditch Rest for Hidden Power [Rock] as you have Entei to deal with Steel-types already.

Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SpD / 2 Spe
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spe)
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dark Pulse

Qwilfish (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Taunt / Toxic Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall

Entei @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Note: Using Adamant with HP Grass because due to Event Entei is required to run Adamant to have Flare Blitz and Extremespeed

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Thanks a lot for the input. I do like the idea of running the Sandslash more than an Aerodactyl. Maybe that's just personal preference, but I do prefer the little rat.

I actually like the idea of substituting out my Uxie for a Cofagrigus. The only thing I am worried about is the set up. I know it's slow, but how do you think Trick Room will effect the rest of my team? I admit, most are not the fastest but my Lilligant is, and the Entei you suggested is fast as well.

I do like the set on the Entei. I am going to try out one tonight.

The Lilligant set that I made I just like. I know it may not be the best but it is original. It's worked out ok so far so I think I'm still going to run it for a little while just to see if it is viable or not. If it's not, I'll try out the one you suggested. If I do put Hidden Power on the Lilligant instead (which I agree completely having just Giga Drain is kind of weak...) would it be better to maybe throw ice on it instead?

I have had problems with the parafusion on the Qwilfish. Mainly with the accuracy issues of Supersonic. The only reason I didn't run Toxic Spikes on it is because most of my team carries the move Toxic. Taunt I think might do me better against things like Whimsicott (which has been the bain of my existence in RU).

Thanks for the suggestion! I really appreciate it.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks a lot for the input. I do like the idea of running the Sandslash more than an Aerodactyl. Maybe that's just personal preference, but I do prefer the little rat.

I actually like the idea of substituting out my Uxie for a Cofagrigus. The only thing I am worried about is the set up. I know it's slow, but how do you think Trick Room will effect the rest of my team? I admit, most are not the fastest but my Lilligant is, and the Entei you suggested is fast as well.

I do like the set on the Entei. I am going to try out one tonight.

The Lilligant set that I made I just like. I know it may not be the best but it is original. It's worked out ok so far so I think I'm still going to run it for a little while just to see if it is viable or not. If it's not, I'll try out the one you suggested. If I do put Hidden Power on the Lilligant instead (which I agree completely having just Giga Drain is kind of weak...) would it be better to maybe throw ice on it instead?

I have had problems with the parafusion on the Qwilfish. Mainly with the accuracy issues of Supersonic. The only reason I didn't run Toxic Spikes on it is because most of my team carries the move Toxic. Taunt I think might do me better against things like Whimsicott (which has been the bain of my existence in RU).

Thanks for the suggestion! I really appreciate it.
Trick Room on Cofag is pretty much just to support itself but don't forget you also have Hariyama to also abuse it and fire off powerful Guts boosted Close Combats. With a special attacking Ghost- and a physically attacking Fighting-type Pokemon you are going to be hitting a big portion of the metagame very hard and making it extremely hard for them to keep up with the pace. Anyways as for Qwilfish parafusion is not always a reliable strategy and Supersonic is already an extremely unreliable move. I highly suggest Taunt or TSpikes on your Qwilfish.

As for Liligant, yes Hidden Power on it is very important. All Life Orb Lilligant needs is 1 or 2 Quiver Dances to sweep teams late game not to mention its pretty frail making ChestoRest not very useful when I could just set up once and sweep with Giga Drain and Hidden Power instead of trying to set up to +4 or 5(you won't be able to in most matches) to try and sweep things with Giga Drain. I highly recommend Hidden Power, [Rock] to be exact as Entei already handles Steel- and Grass-type Pokemon and Moltres looks like a huge threat to your team.

If you do decide to stick with mono-attacking Lilligant(Please don't :''[ ) you should at least get a bulkier spread with Chesto Berry as your item and Petal Dance with Own Tempo as being locked into Petal Dance won't be a big deal as its your only attacking move and by the time you attack you should have already set up. I would say go with 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with Timid. To be frank, I want you to try out the Lilligant set I gave you 1st before trying out this one, I'm certain you'll prefer a more offensive approach at Lilligant when you see it sweep team it normally wouldn't with your old set.

Nice! Let me start by saying li love the team! except for qwilfish. I like it don't get me wrong. I feel like an eviolite Golbat could do the same job(except for spikes) Eviolite Golbat also gets roost and whirlwind, maybe try that with substitute and Bravebird? Just suggestions! I trust your testing better than my faith in golbat :p. Overall i would give it a 9/10! the team is awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)