Charizard's fantastic friends (new guy here)

Hi!

I've been a long-time lurker but decided to post because I finally got a 3DS and Pokemon X. I'm at that point where I'm breeding a ton of super pokes for wifi competitions. Although I'm very familiar with PS since I use that to playtest.

I've playtested the team below on PS and it's doing fairly well.

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

More often than not, I start battles with this guy. EVs, Nature and Moves are set to surprise usual leads I run into, leading into an unexpected (at least on their end) OHKO. If i know that I'm up against something that is faster than me and will OHKO, I start with Stealth Rock, focus sash will handle the rest.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

I have an unhealthy love for this guy. Now that he has an extremely overdue type change, I can confidently play Charizard without being laughed at (relatively). I decided to run with a + Speed nature because the way I figure it is that with Tough Claws, Megazard X pretty much has his very own Life Orb. As long as I can outspeed most heavy hitters, I can kill it.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough

When I found out that mothers can pass down moves, I bred a BellyJet Azumarill. She acts as a nice partner to Megazard X, being able to switch in on Dragon moves without fear. She is also my sweeper and a nice way to scare dragons out for a free Belly Drum.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Started out as a sub + disable set but with sound moves and infiltrator running around, sub sets are pretty muched knocked down from its high horse. He's here to check Protean Greninjas since this is the only one that outspeeds it enough to throw off a thunderbolt first.

The last 2 slots below are in the chopping block.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spd
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Claw
- Substitute
- Curse

Kudos to NotBlameTruth for this set. I am having a lot of fun with this... perhaps too much fun since it's very difficult to navigate. With the aforementioned buff to sound moves and infiltrator, this set won't have much fun.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Ice Beam

Running Charizard means having to also run a spinner. This guy is pretty bulky and with a lucky scald, it scares off most pokes which then allows him to keep roaring and let Stealth Rock to deal as much residual damage as possible. Ice beam is there to totally hurt dragons/fliers/grass.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

I just want to be the very best like no one ever was. <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)