Celebi (Full Revamp)+

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's a reason the a Choice Band set wasn't added, this was not something I accidentally missed. The primary reasons are the lack of a decent physical move pool, poor physical STAB, and that the Choice Specs set is almost always better. Basically, the Choice Band set has no purpose and will hit less hard on nearly every target.

I'll just give one example to show you what I mean:

CB Celebi: 492 Atk vs 256 Def & 404 HP (80 Base Power): 332 - 392 (82.18% - 97.03%), which would be the amount of damage done to a 252/0 Tyranitar. 58.97% to KO after Stealth Rock, now that's impressive. Btw, this is with Seed Bomb.
492 SpA 120 BP Grass Knot vs 404 HP / 354 SpD Tyranitar: 360 - 425 (89.11% - 105.45%) That's an OHKO 28% of the time and always an OHKO with Stealth Rock.

Even if you want to argue that it could be one of those Special Defensive Tyranitar's

492 SpA 120 BP Grass Knot vs 404 HP / 478 SpD Tyranitar: 266 - 314 (65.84% - 77.72%). That's always a 2HKO anyway.

So, here I ask "why would I run Choice Band"?

Celebi has bad offensive STABs and the moves are relatively low base power (80 tops). Choice Specs can accomplish the same thing except almost always better due to higher base power moves and a better move pool (Earth Power is farily significant imo).

There are isolated uses for the Choice Band set (such as against Calm Blissey when a Sandstorm is active) but not enough to warrant a spot in the analysis. Yes Celebi "can" run a Choice Band set, but the efficacy of the set when compared to Celebi's other options is so remote it begs the question - why bother? Celebi really has no business utilizing its physical move pool aside from the Swords Dance passer set.

I can't argue with that logic. I never used a Specs Celebi so I had no idea it could accomplish much the same.

Forget I brought it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)