Casual/Battle Subway Sweepers

So I was looking for critiques on my casual/Battle Subway team. I generally use the main site for strategy analysis, but since this team uses many Smogon-banned strategies, I turned to the forums. Note that I haven't "EV trained" as such, I've balanced out my stats as best I can, but I haven't kept precise notes or anything. Of note, I'm admittedly shit at item choices, so let me know if I've done something really stupid.

Yanmega (M)@Scope Lens
Speed Boost
EVs: I generally focused on Special Attack and Speed. There's not a lot in terms of defense, but if I'm doing my job right he won't get hit anyway.
Jolly nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Double Team
- U-Turn
My primary lead, a combination of Speed Boost and Double Team makes him nigh-unhittable. If Bug Buzz and Air Slash are insufficient, he U-Turns to somebody who can deal with it. Stealth Rock is an issue, but most of the people I play with don't use it anyway. I do have a Starmie with Rapid Spin in my PC in case I find myself needing it, but it's not a mainstay.

Yang (Sawk) (M)@Expert Belt
Sturdy
EVs: Attack, attack, attack, with a bit of Speed.
Sassy nature
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Bulldoze
This is generally who Yanmega U-Turns to. He has decent type coverage, hence the Expert Belt. He's a pure sweeper. Looking at it, I might want to give him ExtremeSpeed to help take advantage of Sturdy, but there's not a whole lot that can outrun him anyway.

Killer (Bibarel) (F)@Leftovers
Moody
EVs: Mostly HP, with a bit in Defense/Special Defense. This helps her survive long enough for lucky Moody boosts, plus HP is the only stat Moody can't boost.
Lax nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Super Fang
- Aqua Tail
Using a combination of Toxic, Super Fang, and Protect, Killer's main role is actually what I like to call a "tactical sweeper", softening up the enemy for a KO - or just stalling with Protect and letting Toxic take its course. In terms of regular attacks, Aqua Tail deals with most enemies, but I can switch to Yanmega or Yang for those it can't. I might want to give her Ice Beam for type coverage and a special attack, but I don't want to replace any of her other moves. Admittedly, though, the main reason Killer's on the team is semi-psychological, no one expects a Bibarel to be as useful as it is with Moody.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)