Tournament CAPCL III - Week 1

CAPCL III - Week 1
IMG_2522.png

thanks Kiwi for amazing art

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Replays & Stat Usage<<
>>Spreadsheet<<
>>Commencement<<

:nohface: Nefarious Nohfaces (4) vs (4) Pannucles of Spoocap :cawmodore:
SV CAP: Inder vs pannu
SV CAP: temp vs Darek
SV CAP: pichus vs Kaif
SS CAP: Fc vs dex
ORAS CAP: Lostmemories vs gorex
BW CAP: tier vs Clementine
DPP CAP: Binacle Pinnacle vs Steam Buns
CAP Monotype: byulharang vs TTK

:skwovet: Shoenice Skwovets (5) vs (3) Bello Figo Bellsprouts :bellsprout:
SV CAP: Fragments vs ausma
SV CAP: quziel vs Foufakirby
SV CAP: BijouMode vs Scizivire
SS CAP: Ina fable vs ChrisPBacon
ORAS CAP: Blui vs SHSP
BW CAP: TGA vs LuckOverSkill
DPP CAP: Concept Everything vs Lazuli
CAP Monotype: sapphiree vs Mada

:finneon: The Deep Fried Finneons (4) vs (4) Brooklyn Blazikens :blaziken:
SV CAP: feen vs Sylveon used calm mind
SV CAP: Ciro napoli vs Piyush25
SV CAP: Potatochan vs Exotic64
SS CAP: Maxouille vs RaJ.Shoot
ORAS CAP: Seasons vs LBN
BW CAP: Brigtel vs Waldinji
DPP CAP: Brambane vs Ainzcrad
CAP Monotype: crashy vs Sificon

Nefarious Nofaces (0) vs (0) Pannucles of Spoocap
SV CAP: pichus vs Kaif

Shoenice Skwovets (0) vs (0) Bello Figo Bellsprouts
SV CAP: BijouMode vs Scizivire

The Deep Fried Finneons (0) vs Brooklyn Blazikens
BW CAP: Brigtel vs Waldinji

The deadline for this round is Sunday, January 21st at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Last edited:
HOLY SHIT BIN PIN VS STEAM BUNS WEEK 1

Nefarious Nofaces (2) vs (6) Pannucles of Spoocap
SV CAP: egalvanc vs Kaif

Shoenice Skwovets (3) vs (5) Bello Figo Bellsprouts
SV CAP: BijouMode vs Scizornite

The Deep Fried Finneons (2) vs (6) Brooklyn Blazikens
BW CAP: Brigtel vs Fantos13

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Nefarious Nofaces (1) vs (7) Pannucles of Spoocap
SV CAP: Inder vs pannu - pannu is a better player and I think he cares more about this tournament than Inder does.
SV CAP: temp vs Darek - I know people sort of see temp as the "funny YouTube guy", but I've teamed with him before and he's legitimately a good player. However, I'm still going to bold Darek here just because he's far more familiar with the tier and has better support. Should be an interesting one though.
SV CAP: egalvanc vs Kaif - Bolding the player I'm more familiar with
SS CAP: Fc vs dex - dex has been away from CAP for a few months now, so it's possible he might be a bit rusty, but given that this used to be his main tier I'm fairly confident that this won't end up mattering too much.
ORAS CAP: Lostmemories vs gorex - Not super familiar with lostmemories tbh, all I know is that gorex is the goat in this tier.
BW CAP: tier vs Clementine - tier is easily the best BW player in the pool, and while Clementine is definitely a good player, I'm really not sure how familiar he is with BW CAP.
DPP CAP: Binacle Pinnacle vs Steam Buns - Coughing Baby vs Hydrogen Bomb
CAP Monotype: byulharang vs TTK - TTK is a monotype main who already has experience with this tier from playing it in MPL, and byulharang has next to no support to rely on from his team for this tier.

The Deep Fried Finneons (5) vs (3) Brooklyn Blazikens
SV CAP: feen vs Sylveon used calm mind - :Wailord:
SV CAP: Ciro napoli vs Piyush25 - Jai Hind
SV CAP: Potatochan vs Exotic64 - I don't see Potatochan dropping more than 1 game this tournament, this man is one of the strongest CAP Players in a while. I'm not going to go as far as to say it's a wash, but I do think it will be an uphill battle for his opponent here.
SS CAP: Maxouille vs RaJ.Shoot Jai Hind
ORAS CAP: Seasons vs LBN - Coughing Baby vs Hydrogen Bomb 2: Electric Boogaloo
BW CAP: Brigtel vs Fantos13 - Bolding the player who I think is more familiar with the tier and is better overall.
DPP CAP: Brambane vs Ainzcrad - Mostly just going off of who had the better record in this tier last year.
CAP Monotype: crashy vs Sificon - Both of these players are Monotype mains, so for this matchup I really thinks it comes down to who is more familiar with CAP, and the answer to that question is obviously Sificon.

Last edited:
An overhead shot of the CAP GRAND COUNCIL at the round table
Spoo: So it’s done, eh? We’ve crushed the rot before it could spread.
Quziel: Seems so. Without the PROMETEO PRIMEAPES, I see no way he can get out of that dungeon.
Spoo: Heh. Too easy. All it took was us deploying the HEMOLDGOBLIN and he crumbles just like that ?
Snake: ….Idiots.
Quziel and Spoo: What ?
Snake: You really think that such a moldy individual could be truly defeated ? We made a mistake. One tiny crack….
Meanwhile, in the Dungeon
Me: Shambles around the cramped dungeon Heh. They think they won ? By making DPP CAP a format, they’ve opened the door for my survival. Rotten leg crumbles away Shit. Icemaster better send my coordinates to The Prince soon. This rot is powerful…
Back at the round table
Spoo: IMPOSSIBLE ! You couldn’t mean to say…
Quziel: I see. Just one mistake…
Snake: You all know how MOLD and FUNGI work. As soon as they find that crack…. it’s as if there was never a barrier in the first place.
Quziel: So our work isn’t done… Spoo. Put the dungeon on maximum guard.

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
i'm just gonna ignore that post above and do prob wrong predicts

Nefarious Nofaces (2) vs (3) Pannucles of Spoocap
SV CAP: Inder vs pannu- really fun game between two v solid players. I like the way pannu builds SV but I also have this really strange feeling he gets RNG'd extremely hard w1 idk why
SV CAP: egalvanc vs Kaif
SS CAP: Fc vs dex- really nice seeing Dex back playing CAP. one of the highlight matches of the week for me, both of these guys cook some fun stuff
DPP CAP: Binacle Pinnacle vs Steam Buns- I've never beaten buns so until that changes I feel extremely obligated to bold him always
CAP Monotype: byulharang vs TTK- I have never watched a CAP mono game in my life. Sorry!

The Deep Fried Finneons (3) vs (3)Brooklyn Blazikens
SV CAP: Ciro napoli vs Piyush25- Piyush is extremely fire
SV CAP: Potatochan vs Exotic64- another extremely highlight match, I'm really excited to see exotic play CAP
SS CAP: Maxouille vs RaJ.Shoot- the SS slots are so cool this tour
ORAS CAP: Seasons vs LBN- getting popcorn for this 1 no matter the outcome I will be entertained
BW CAP: Brigtel vs Fantos13
DPP CAP: Brambane vs Ainzcrad- mamoswine?
CAP Monotype: crashy vs Sificon- Still havent played mono ever, but sifi is one of my goats so this is 110% just biased

remember to tag matches in CAPcord when games go live! I'm excited to watch a bunch of these and i'll try to hop in some calls for em

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
calling act on TGA, he and luckoverskill were supposed to play 1h 40m ago, we tagged managers on discord more than 30mins ago
Da Pizza Man Concept Everything
velvet
Telling all my players to schedule at 4am managers time, then to not contact the player whatsoever during the scheduled time so we can ping managers and get an easy act. Idk what kind of scum doesn’t even attempt to contact the player when in a tour, regardless of whether not it’s mandatory, but you do you. Challenging this, we were given no proof that their player was online and waiting during this period and the only point in time in which we were contacted was 35 mins after the game was initially scheduled for which was at 430 and 530am respectively for DPM and I which is not reasonable for us to be awake.

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Telling all my players to schedule at 4am managers time, then to not contact the player whatsoever during the scheduled time so we can ping managers and get an easy act. Idk what kind of scum doesn’t even attempt to contact the player when in a tour, regardless of whether not it’s mandatory, but you do you. Challenging this, we were given no proof that their player was online and waiting during this period and the only point in time in which we were contacted was 35 mins after the game was initially scheduled for which was at 430 and 530am respectively for DPM and I which is not reasonable for us to be awake.
Fun fact: if you or your players were not fond of the times your matches were scheduled, it was always within your power to decline the initial scheduling and suggest alternatives. If neither player can agree on a time, hosts can force a substitution. Conditions for which player is substituted depend on the circumstances of the scheduling.

The scheduling shows your player agreed to a time without issue. Your player is at fault for failing to show at an agreed upon time. Management was not available when opposing management reached out before the act call. You don't get a pass for being asleep. When your players accept a scheduling, you accept the risk of player and management availablity for that time. The only way you have leverage in this situation is if you have proof your player was online during the agreed upon window and attempted to reach out to begin the battle.

You have every right to be upset, but you do not have the right to lash out towards other for something that is currently an internal issue for your team. As a user uninvolved in this tour, I would argue this constitutes as unsportsmanlike conduct.

I was online on both main and Smogtours at my 11 AM (3:30 PM in my opponent's timezone, which was the scheduled time) until around 12:20 PM. I was watching Michaelderbestie vs damien the genius first, then Santu vs c0mp for SPL. I can get a few witnesses of me being online at those times if you wish.

As for the rest of your comment, I was online and used the "find user" feature every 5-10 minutes on main, I joined the CAP room, and posted in the Smogtours lobby. That's a reasonable amount of trying to get the game done, since the game is already scheduled. I wasn't even aware about the ruling that you need to ping managers; in fact, I waited more than an hour because of my ignorance. How was I fishing for an activity win? Showing up at the scheduled time on the official tournaments server is the minimum expected activity from someone playing a tournament.

I can't do much about the fact that you or your co-manager weren't online at the scheduled time. I don't even know where you are from! Implying we scheduled the game maliciously, especially since the reverse could just as easily have happened — you not being online and not being able to tag my managers while my opponent is stuck online waiting for me — is ludicrous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)