Tournament CAPCL III - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
CAP Champions League III – Manager Signups

(respectfully copied from SHSP's CAPCL II thread, appreciate the work bud)​

Following the conclusion of the policy thread, we're now ready for actually fun tournament preparations! As is custom with any team tournament, we're going to need qualified users to manage each team. What this generally involves is scouting out each player who signs up, formulating a coherent strategy for the draft, maintaining correspondence with velvet and I in regards to weekly lineups and potential substitutions, keeping your team active and well coordinated, and approaching staff with any issues as the tournament progresses.

We're anticipating six different teams this season, run by one manager and assistant manager each. The length of the tournament will be no less than 7 Weeks after player signups close and the auction is held, ending near the beginning of March should all go well (read: no tiebreaks).

Any managerial duos that have the time, experience, and motivation to participate are encouraged to signup! Please use the following template in your signup post:
Code:
Manager
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
Why you would make a good manager:
You are expected to confirm your position in a follow-up post if you aren't the OP.

Signups last until December 30th!

Manager: Binacle Pinnacle
Assistant Manager: Icemaster
Team Name: Prometeo Primeapes
Accomplishments: DPP CAP KING.
Why you would make a good leader: Near-guaranteed DPP slot win, will have the best Teamcord.
PVZ Quote of the Day: Get your money up like it’s the first wave. Fight like it’s the final. Keep building like you’re in endless.

Last edited:

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
Manager: Concept Everything
Assistant Manager: Da Pizza Man
Team Name: Shoenice Skwovets
List of Accomplishments: I’m on the council for BW and DPP and various other CAP lower tiers. I made top 8 in the last DPP tour and am currently in the top 8 for BW and CAP33 play test. I qualify for the 2023 Circuit Champs and maintained a positive winrate in the most recent iteration of CAPPL. DPM made top 4 of Saharaja play test and qualified for 2022 Circuit Champs, is currently on the SV QC team and was the stats leader for Crescidon’s process.
Why you would make a good manager:
Throughout the last year I have been contributing to the continuation and development of the older metagames by hosting tournaments, because of this I have a very good understanding of the meta and am very familiar with what is and what isn’t viable. DPM has also been hosting tournaments and has a very solid understanding of the recent metagames, we complement each other very thoroughly. Because of this our metagame knowledge is very strong within the community.

Through CAPPL, DPM and I supported every available tier to a heightened degree, every team I prepped while we were still in contention did not lose and the teams that DPM prepped also maintained a positive winrate.

D2TheW

Amadán
20231220_112648.jpg

At long last, the two nations famed above all others for their mastery of the culinary arts have decided to work together. That's right, Ireland and Greece have united, represented by their two most prominent chefs, Myself and Lasen as we will manage:

:finneon: The Deep Fried Finneons :finneon:

We look forward to serving you all with only the finest dishes, the spiciest teams, the saltiest Ls and of course the sweetest victories. Bon appetit.
fish-and-chips-recipe.jpg

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
View attachment 581942
At long last, the two nations famed above all others for their mastery of the culinary arts have decided to work together. That's right, Ireland and Greece have united, represented by their two most prominent chefs, Myself and Lasen as we will manage:

:finneon: The Deep Fried Finneons :finneon:

We look forward to serving you all with only the finest dishes, the spiciest teams, the saltiest Ls and of course the sweetest victories. Bon appetit.
View attachment 581943
vegh12ccmk371.jpg

Confirming

tier

PUPL Champion
Manager: tier
Assistant Manager: Fc
Team Name: Dazzling Deoxys
List of Accomplishments: I’m the best BW this tour has had in 3 years. We have combined played every single tournament on this site and the win percentage on that is quite high.
Why you would make a good manager: I’ve played cap long enough to know everyone and it’s just two highly successful players surely this can’t go wrong

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Manager: temp
Assistant Manager: Fluore
Team Name: Crusty Cresceidons :cresceidon:
List of Accomplishments: THE Number Man called me the MVP for our winning TPP team (I blushed) for supporting so many disc channels and basically being a shadow manager. There is no greater honor. Also creating the name Crusty Cresceidons is quite the accomplishment. Fluore also has experience playing in CAP Snake and is in the CAP Hall of Fame for winning CAPPL VII as a player. He is truly a CAP main.
Why you would make a good manager: I am a waffle master. I like to be involved in building and testing, loving to present my own ideas and hear other teammates' ideas and help expand on them. Fluore is a proven manager, consistently making playoffs with the teams that they captain (including a solo-managing win in BSS World Cup). We'll make a fun tour environment for our players and bring the quality to win

Last edited:

Fluore

Kitsch
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: temp
Assistant Manager: Fluore
Team Name: Crusty Cresceidons :cresceidon:
List of Accomplishments: THE Number Man called me the MVP for our winning TPP team (I blushed) for supporting so many disc channels and basically being a shadow manager. There is no greater honor. Also creating the name Crusty Cresceidons is quite the accomplishment.
Why you would make a good manager: I am a waffle master. I like to be involved in building and testing, loving to present my own ideas and hear other teammates' ideas and help expand on them. Fluore is a proven manager, consistently making playoffs with the teams that they captain (including a solo-managing win in BSS World Cup). We'll make a fun tour environment for our players and bring the quality to win
Yes.
I also shadow managed for the same TPP team (I made a substitute post) (very important)

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Manager: hidin
Assistant Manager: Taka
Team Name: Chrome Hearts Chromeras
List of Accomplishments: i won cappl ix and managed in a few teamtours and played in a good chunk of them, taka has managed in a good amount of teamtours, played in a whole lot of them, and will hopefully be elite support as he always is
Why you would make a good manager: we both have the dedication to make sure our players have the best time playing in the prestigious CAPCL III

Last edited:

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Manager: hidin
Assistant Manager: Taka
Team Name: Chrome Hearts Chromeras
List of Accomplishments: i won cappl ix and managed in a few teamtours and played in a good chunk of them, taka has managed in a good amount of teamtours, played in a whole lot of them, and will hopefully be elite support as he always is
Why you would make a good manager: we both have the dedication to make sure our players have the best time playing in the prestigious CAPCL III
IMG_2597.jpeg

confirming

Manager: TGA
Assistant Manager: Mr.Bossaru
Team Name: Canalave city Cawmodore
List of Accomplishments: I was on the winning cappl team this year, part of the bw cap council or smth, made till finals in Cap 33 playtest.
Why you would make a good manager: I know the community decently well and trust the process.

Piyush25

is a defending SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Manager: RaJ.Shoot
Assistant Manager: Piyush25
Team Name: Indian Infernapes
List of Accomplishments: I am the winner of the coveted Caplt tournament. Pokeraj managed and won blt.
Why you would make a good manager: Trust
After Finch betrayed me, I was very sad and cried a lot. However I didn't give up and eventually decided to be back with a better manager.
That ofc is RaJ.Shoot.

Raj, a legendary figure in the world of Pokémon, stands as the undisputed champion and greatest Pokémon player of all time. His strategic brilliance, unmatched skill, and unwavering dedication have set him apart in the Pokémon community. Raj's journey began with a humble start, but through countless battles, he honed his abilities and developed an intuitive understanding of Pokémon dynamics. His strategic prowess is renowned, as he seamlessly combines a deep knowledge of type matchups with unpredictable tactics that leave opponents astounded. Raj's mastery extends beyond the battle arena; he possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of Pokémon lore and an unparalleled ability to connect with his team on a profound level. Whether in intense tournaments or friendly matches, Raj's presence is an electrifying force, earning him the title of the greatest Pokémon player, a living legend whose legacy continues to inspire aspiring trainers worldwide.

How Raj.shoot smashed finch (match at 22:00)

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Manager: Binacle Pinnacle
Assistant Manager: Icemaster
Team Name: Prometeo Primeapes
Accomplishments: DPP CAP KING.
Why you would make a good leader: Near-guaranteed DPP slot win, will have the best Teamcord.
PVZ Quote of the Day: Get your money up like it’s the first wave. Fight like it’s the final. Keep building like you’re in endless.
Confirming. Looking forward to the competition !

s7a

they’re just folds in her dress
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: s7a
Assistant Manager: Micaiah
Team Name: Bello Figo Bellsprouts
List of Accomplishments: I have a 100% winrate as manager, having won the only tournament in which I ever managed (Teamballo). Micaiah is a well known figure in the CAP community, with countless contributions throughout the different generations and having won many CAP tours.
Why you would make a good manager: We are very accustomed to the tiers and will create a nice and competitive team atmosphere

Micaiah

Disgustosa ostentazione di plutocratica sicumera
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: s7a
Assistant Manager: Micaiah
Team Name: Bello Figo Bellsprouts
List of Accomplishments: I have a 100% winrate as manager, having won the only tournament in which I ever managed (Teamballo). Micaiah is a well known figure in the CAP community, with countless contributions throughout the different generations and having won many CAP tours.
Why you would make a good manager: We are very accustomed to the tiers and will create a nice and competitive team atmosphere
confirming, some of my greatest cap contributions include inventing defensive jumbao and my son tier, s7a knows his way around the zoomer tiers plus has the coveted italian manager gene as shown during IPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)