CaP Revision - Revenankh: Part 2 Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a poll in order to determine what aspects of Revenankh should be changed. It will be a bold poll. There are three aspects to vote on in this poll: Stats, Movepool, and Ability. Any of these receiving more yes than no votes will be changed.

Each voter has three options for each section of the vote: yes, no, and abstaining. Each person must - that is must - vote for all of the three categories. Anyone who does not do this will not have their vote counted on account of that person failing to read the OP.

The vote is very simple: just write the category of the vote, and then your vote. Here is an example:
Sample Vote said:
Stats: yes
Movepool: no
Ability: abstaining
Where yes is a vote to revise, no is a vote against, and abstaining is neither for nor against.

I have decided to adopt the process change that Eric the Espeon suggested in the Revenankh Part 2 Discussion. It is much more similar to my original plan than my suggested change, and it is many times simpler and less time consuming. According to those changes: whichever category (stats, movepool, or ability) receives the most yes votes will be revised first. Then the remaining option with the most yes votes will be revised (assuming there is one). If this explanation is unclear, feel free to ask questions in this thread.

So now vote: which aspects of Revenankh should be revised? Be sure to vote in all three categories.

Part 2 Discussion: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46024
Revenankh Reference: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...22&postcount=5
PR thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45874

EDIT: Voting "no" for all three is not an option. It's an essential "no change" vote, and since we already decided there would be a revision this is not acceptable. If you voted as such already, please edit you post to conform to the rules.

Just a suggestion: Since there was already a poll that decided that Revenankh needed a change, I think that a vote consisting of three "No" votes shouldn't be allowed, since that's basically saying "I didn't want Revenankh to change". If roughly 50% of the voters post three "No" votes, and then the other 50% vote "Yes" on different things, "No" will win the three polls for sure.

And that said, my votes:

Stats: Yes
Movepool: No
Ability: No

As I said in the discussion thread, not only I think that a drop in SpDef is good enough, but if it ends up not being enough, it can be further changed. When in doubt, one little change at a time is better.

As I said in the discussion thread, not only I think that a drop in SpDef is good enough, but if it ends up not being enough, it can be further changed. When in doubt, one little change at a time is better.
Quoting in agreement.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK voting "no" for all three is no longer an option. It's an essential "no change" vote, and since we already decided there would be a revision this is not acceptable. If you voted as such already, please edit you post to conform to the rules.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
TAY, I think you slightly misunderstood my suggestion
According to those changes: whichever category (stats, movepool, or ability) receives the most yes votes will be revised first. Then the remaining option with the most yes votes will be revised (assuming there is one). If this explanation is unclear, feel free to ask questions in this thread.
I also suggested an additional vote once the first section is revised. The vote would be "Now that we have made these changes to X (most popular idea), should we change Y (second most popular idea)?". This would mean, for example, that if Stats is the most popular by far and Movepool had just over 50% yes, that if once we have reduced Stats if more than half of the people now think that Movepool reductions are no longer needed we can vote to not modify the movepool.

Right, now to explain my votes:

Change Stats:
I think that the most easy way to make Revenankh less powerful would be to slightly reduce its Special Defence, maybe 5-10 points. If this proves not to be enough we should

Remove Shadow Sneak:
And only SS. It adds a whole list of things that can now revenge kill (or revenge wound) Revenankh, this is quite a large change to Rev's normal set but it does have another Priority move and can function without it.

We should not change or remove abilitys
(from previous thread)
Removing Shadow Sneak and/or slightly reducing its Special Defence should be easily enough to make it safe for OU IMO, without resorting to a more drastic change. Taking away ShedRest, its key ability and one of its most defining characteristics, is not needed. Also I feel that modifying abilitys should only be used as a last resort, slightly altering stat spreads or fidleing with movepools does not change the Pokemon very much (but can effectively reduce its power), while removing or changing an ability would.

We should nerf it enough to make it fair in OU, but no more.
The previous poll suggested that almost 50% of voters wanted no change at all, how many want to take away a major part of what makes it powerful?

Movepool: Yes until we have results of what happened from Stat changes

okay then.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hyra, if TAY uses my full suggestion, and Stats is the most popular we will vote on weather to change Movepool again anyway.

Ability: Abstaining

My vote is the sample vote, lol. Anywho, I'm against removing Shaow Sneak, which will probably be removed if the moveset is revised. A few SP. Def points could be trimmed too. I don't have any strong opinions on abilities, so I'll just sit back and see ho it goes.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Stats: No
Ability: Yes

I'm really against anything happening to Revenankh other than an ability change. Shedrest is what makes it so hard to stop, and I hardly think that it's the key characteristic. It's still very powerful, much like Adv Curselax, but this way it can't heal status. I think that's dramatic enough to make it less "broken", thus this is my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)