CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Who knew you could convey such raw malice with one move? (Finishing move, Horn Drill)

His slam is neat, and the "flying whale" trick is also neat.

The taunt at the end is just awesome.

AND his EQ opening is awesome too.

Can you list Colossoil and Kitsunoh's moves now, like you did for Cyclohm? This is SO making me want to download V3 when in comes out.

...BTW, can we see Vitalimar? JUST for that one last ounce of hype, of course. :P

how do i do VS. Mode?
on the menu screen, there are two options, Arcade and Versus. Move up and down with W and S and use J,K, or L to select.

Kitsunoh's moveset is:

Iron Head
Somersault
Teleport
Shadowstrike
Super: Curse
Ability: Will O Wisp

Colossoil's is:
Earthquake
Horn Attack
Pursuit
Super: Horn Drill
Ability: Dig

As for more videos. We'll see.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can't wait to use Cyclohm or Colossoil.
The way you've drawn Colossoil and animated him just looks so evil and cool. Like a gangster.

Also just a slight suggestion - perhaps you should add another difficulty, perhaps something even easier than Breezin' for the really new players, or for those with very little skill?
I let a few friends play this on my PC and they all had trouble finishing it.

edit; playing around I've just noticed in Revenankh's taunt he tightens the bandages around his head. that make chuckle.

It's been a while since I've kept track of this, so I had to backtrack to find the Soil & Kit vids............awesome, just awesome. I have to wonder if Curse is potentially broken or not, however.

Already saw Cyclohm a while back; love the Twister animation.

Check the Options to view the control layout and change it to whatever you feel comfortable with. To get past the title screen, just press any functional button and it'll give you the option to select Arcade or Versus mode.

Also, I will be pushing the release of the game back to after CAP10 has been completed. This will allow me more time to really polish and add to the game as well as avoid any conflicts of interest.

Thank you all for your patience.

Also, I will be pushing the release of the game back to after CAP10 has been completed. This will allow me more time to really polish and add to the game as well as avoid any conflicts of interest.
This is both a big disappointment and a comfort at the same time.

Agreed. I'm sad yet absurdly gleeful because it gives me more time to play Plants Vs Zombies.

...Excuse me, I need to go do some 'gardening'.

Well Im fine with the delay, so long as the final product is as good as it looks! Im itching to play, but take your time Cartoons, so long as Cap Battle's great, I'm great!

I'm a firm believer in the "release sooner, release more frequently" development style, since it doesn't make people wait for significant gameplay improvements and still lets you develop the polish as you go. However, as usual, it's your call.

I downloaded the last version, it's pretty fun... I appreciate the voice acting, it gives it a very Pokemon show-esque feel. =w= Actually, I don't think that Pyroak is all that broken... =0 what I DO think is that he has way too many projectile moves. =\ I dont' think it makes him broken, 'cause my Stratagem doesn't have too much trouble with him even on hard, but still. =0

Speaking of hard mode, WTF is up with this Vitalimar thing at the end of Hard mode Arcade? o_0

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I downloaded it, but I can't play online(no wifi). Anyway, I experimented a bit and saw how powerful Fidgit is. Seriously, it doesn't even need its special moves to absolutely be cheap in-game. Pyroak, the bulkiest guy falls so easily to grab + mid-air grab and throw it isn't even funny(admittedly, I'm still playing Breezin', but still). I thought of writing a small strategy guide for Fidgit in breezin'(apologies if it has been done earlier):-

Revenankh: Just so easy, once you master the grab and throw. When you see Rev going black and underground, just jump in some direction while using the power hit. Lots of easy damage. If played right, Rev will never get off a Power Whip due to Fidgit being faster. Whenever you can sneak it in, grab + throw down mid-air.

Pyroak: What I consider the boss with most fun for Fidgit. Sure, he's bulky and has powerful moves, but once you get the hang of the grab, you can do close to 25% without him managing to attack you. The grab cycle will most likely be ended by a Wood Hammer, and rarely, a Flamethrower, so remember that when you get hit, back off at once, and let Pyrooak come to you. Then, initiate the grab cycle agin, and do so until you win.

Stratagem: This guy is just so fragile and easy. Until his bar charges up, you can absolutely DESTROY most of his HP by grab + throw, followed by a series of power hits and comet punches. WHen his bar DOES charge up, move back to avoid his attacks(most of all, dodging Giga Drain is a must). Then start from scratch, and you'll be surprised when you win. His AncientPowers are just too easy to dodge in Breezin'.

Syclant: This and Argh are possibly the only things that trouble Fidgit, sue to being able to check the grab cycle easily. Don't use the grab cycle much for this, except as a finisher. Earth Power and Snatch are too hard to pull off here, due to Syclant's speed. Instead, rely on quick hits early on, to counter his. Then, when you get an opening, use the power hit, crouch on his Ice Shards, and when avoid jumping, due to his Fury ATtack, that sends you flying. Somehow, I managed to get Fidgit to stand on one leg, and then use the drill(how do you do it guys?). This pushes him back, enough for a grab or two to finish.

Arghonaut: Mach Punch is difficult for Fidgit. Early on, keep teh pressure with the grab cycle, After 2 or 3, switch to power and medium hits. When his bar fills, he'll probably use Revenge, so start use aerial medium hits(as far as I have seen they affect CAPs on the ground too) until you win.

Seriously, great job Cartons!.

I downloaded it, but I can't play online(no wifi). Anyway, I experimented a bit and saw how powerful Fidgit is. Seriously, it doesn't even need its special moves to absolutely be cheap in-game. Pyroak, the bulkiest guy falls so easily to grab + mid-air grab and throw it isn't even funny(admittedly, I'm still playing Breezin', but still). I thought of writing a small strategy guide for Fidgit in breezin'(apologies if it has been done earlier):-
If you haven't done Sweatin' mode yet, you can't really justify writing a guide like this... everyone behaves way differently / more aggressive here. The comment on 'just let [Pyroak] come to you' especially shows this-- any Pyroak with half a brain is gonna stay as far away as possible for as long as possible. xP I'm not as proficient with any of the others, so I can't say if they're problematic as well. =0

-EDIT- Since he mentioned online play, I wanted to mention that I haven't been able to play online either. =\ I tried doing the stuff explained in the first post, but I didn't really get any results. Dx Maybe someone can help me out with that.

Thanks, hailflameblast, for writing that Fidgit guide for anyone who may be picking up this game for the first time. It's true the cpu in Sweatin' is tougher and your tactics may have to change against a human player, but everyone is on a different skill level here, so I really appreciate your taking the time to do this.

Regarding online play, wi-fi is not really an issue. If you can get on the internet you play an online match. The instructions I have on the first page are necessary if you wish to host a game. As of right now, we only have a handful of players with hosting capabilities, so if you feel up to it, I encourage you to learn how to forward your port accordingly. If you'd like to just play online, come join us on the irc server time (though our numbers are pretty lean these days) and ask for a match. You then just have to go into Lunaport and look for their hosted game and join. There's, unfortunately, no way for the program to randomly match any two people looking for a game, so there always needs to be one person hosting, and one joining.

Finally, I admit the second version has been delayed longer than I would have liked. In the future, I'd like to release a new version with every new CAP. It'd be great if the game could be released now, but it is still incomplete and the time I have available to work on it is sparse at the moment. So I apologize again for the wait, I'll make sure once this version is complete, more regular updates can be expected.

Destiny Warrior

Np Cartoons!, the strategy doesn't change too much in Sweatin' except that you need FAR sharper reflexes. I tried Syclant, and he has got to be one of the coolest(pun intended) fighters ever.

Anyway, how do you block? I tried pressing all the keys, and nothing pulls off a block.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Blocking's not my problem, it's throwing them.
I have trouble grabbing the opponent on the ground let alone throwing them or grabbing them in the air. Help?

Hold back to block high attacks, but you're susceptible to low attacks. hold down back to block high and low attacks, but you're susceptible to overheads. You also can't block a grab.

Of the playable characters, only Fidgit and Revanankh have air grabs. In v03, you can now also grab using a single buttons if you're having trouble with the two button set up.

Destiny Warrior

You mean, assuming that I use the arrow keys for Up, right, down and left, for high block, I have to move away from the opponent, and for low block, I have to hold down, and then hold the button facing away from my opponent?

My strategy with fidget in sweatin' (the only character I've beaten sweatin' with).

Aerial strong into trip (V strong).

On everyone but Revvy, it's (essentially) instant win. The computer blocks the aerial and gets tripped. And you do it again. And again. Etc.

Yeah, there are a lot of ways to abuse the AI even if it's on sweatin'. Like, I think I've perfected every character at least once as Stratagem. The true challenge is playing online, cause remote patterns don't work (most of the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)