CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 7 (Stat Spread Poll 3)

Who's stat spread should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...And I prefer X-Act's. 130 speed in the GT/Goodbar spread is a bit too much for what I envisioned. And I like the fact that X-Act's spread defenses are so one sided: Until now, all CAP pokémon have had pretty balanced defenses, I'd like some imbalance for variety.

Gooo Gothic Togekiss / Mr Goodbar!

C'mon guys, surely two people putting their heads together is better than one person putting his ... head ... together. :P

Wow...this is one close race to the finish. This more closer than anything I ever seen. Come on everyone, fight, fight, fight.

To the people that say their reason for not voting on something is because you envisioned something different, can I ask you something? Why didn't you speak up about your likes/dislikes within the submission stage? Wasn't the point of that thread to get your and the submitters thoughts down and formulate a plan aka stat spread? Your opinions would have help plenty in there.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well...shit. I have no clue what to do in the event of a tie. I'll think up something, and I'll talk to X-Act/G_T/Goodbar online later to see if we can come up with something fair. Maybe a joint spread? I don't know. I'm hoping that the tie is broken before 7.

Well...shit. I have no clue what to do in the event of a tie. I'll think up something, and I'll talk to X-Act/G_T/Goodbar online later to see if we can come up with something fair. Maybe a joint spread? I don't know. I'm hoping that the tie is broken before 7.

Mix up both spreads into one. :)

This is a dead heat, I feel myself we cannot go any lower then 130 speed due the stereotype, and the list of threats along with it's not exactly great defensive typing.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, if we were going to go with something like Wormadam/Mothim, we'd need the same BST I think. But wouldn't that reduce to two CAPs? I think it's better to do just one spread.

The community seems to be divided evenly on whether to have better Speed or better Special Defense. I think that if the stalemate continues till the end, we should make a spread that reaches a compromise between Speed and Special Defense.

If the poll ends as draw we could find the average of both the spreads which would give us 93/55/58/120/83/125 or give the poll more time.

Well, if we were going to go with something like Wormadam/Mothim, we'd need the same BST I think. But wouldn't that reduce to two CAPs? I think it's better to do just one spread.

The community seems to be divided evenly on whether to have better Speed or better Special Defense. I think that if the stalemate continues till the end, we should make a spread that reaches a compromise between Speed and Special Defense.
Seems like the best way, I'm still scared to death of your special defense lol, but something like the above poster posted seems pretty decent, we might as well start discussing it since it really seems that this will turn out very close

EDIT: Another interesting idea just came to mind. We choose the winner based on what wins the CAP art poll... does anyone agree that certain entries fit one spread or the other better? Like for instance the easter island entry seems like it'd have X-Act's spread, while DJD's planet looks more like it'd fit ours. Opinions?

no because contrary to popular belief this is meant to be a competitive based project, not an art project with some stats and movepool tacked on.

+1 vote = tiemaker

+1 vote = tiebreaker

+1 vote = tiemaker

+1 vote = tiebreaker

I'd say we just start finding a happy medium between the two other than literally tossing a bloody coin on who wins in a "last 5 seconds of bidding" contest that seems to be developing.

Averaging the two spreads into one X-Act/Gothic_Togekiss/Mr Goodbar spread seems to be the best solution, imo.

i really think that the only fair way to do this is to have xact and g_t/gb "sit down" and come up with a combined spread. 1 vote is just far too close. unless something really starts pulling ahead...

just my two cents, but i think thats the far fairer option.

Averaging the two gets...

92.5 HP/55 Atk/57.5 Def/120 S.Atk/82.5 S.Def/125/Speed

Vote for ChronoSquare? 8D

In all seriousness I'm all for the cooperation 3rd hidden option, a coin toss is way too random when you think about what this CAP is potentially going to gain/miss out in either situation.

Or you could use both spreads on two Pokemon with similar desgin/species aka Queen and King chess piece >_>
This would be so cool with the King/Queen idea, I just don't know if that is even viable though. (maybe a poll to see if the community wants to completely go against previous standards to make something AWESOME)

A more likely idea (and fairer) is to somehow compromise the two. Whether it be just an average of both spreads, or to have the creators (x-act, gt, gb) all decide on one joint spread.

This would be so cool with the King/Queen idea, I just don't know if that is even viable though. (maybe a poll to see if the community wants to completely go against previous standards to make something AWESOME).
I didn't want to really say this, since I figured that it would just die down.

The chess pieces haven't won yet, there are many fantastic entries this time, so just hold your horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)