CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 4 (Style Bias Poll 1)

What should the style bias be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Break the Mold-Click here to see the full post.
latinoheat said:
Name: Break the Mold

Description:
An OU viable pokemon that goes completely against the stereotypes of its typing.
Type: Rock

Process Guide said:
This is where we determine the general style of the pokemon, from an offensive and defensive standpoint. We also will set limits on the stat spreads that support that style. It should be noted that the Style Bias is not just for limiting stats, but also helps shape the general "feel" of the pokemon. The Style may influence other parts of the pokemon -- such as art, movepool, ability, etc. However, the stat spread is the only part of the project that will be specifically constrained by the voted Style Bias.

Style Bias should start with a short click poll with three options:
  • Offensive
  • Defensive
  • Mixed
Soooo lets go!

What about Tyranitar being a sweeper, also Steelix, Golem?

EDIT: Anyway I voted offensive because we don't have any pure rock type sweepers so yeah.

Uh, offensive was basically decided the moment rock was (also special but that's poll jumping D:)

EDIT: I am not complaining at all, I just wanted to comment on how obvious this pool is.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If it's in the process guide, it will be made. If it's not in the process guide, it won't be made. I don't care if you think these polls are unnecessary or not. If you can back up your claim, ask Doug to make a PR thread. If not, deal.

I'd call tyranitar a tank, due to his insanely low speed, also, if you factor in the Sp. Def boost from the sandstorm, he has a higher Sp. Def stat then he does Attack =/

So lets take a look at tyranitars max stats

Sp. Def > Attack (With Sandstorm, without it's lower, but still)
Def > Sp. Atk
HP > Speed

2/3 Without sandstorm, 3/3 with...

looks pretty defensive to me =/

Steelix is a sweeper? What?

Golems stats

Def > Attack
Sp. Def > Sp. Atk
HP > Speed

Yeah I don't think so =/

Fact is, rock types (regardless of there role) are built defensively stat-wise =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)