CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 2 (Primary Typing Poll 2)

What should the Primary type be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aura Sphere is a good enough STAB attack, but Flash Cannon doesn't have as much power as Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, or even Dragon Pulse. It's resisted by more, and hits less for SE damage. I consider it an inferior attacking type, and is only useful on Scizor and Metagross, or the occasional Probopass.
You forget that flash cannon is special? The one poke that can actually utilize it well is magnezone, who often sees ttar switch into it. Even special gimmicky metagrosses prolly have better options.
EDIT: In conclusion its only good for pokemon with poor special movepools and stab :P

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You forget that flash cannon is special? The one poke that can actually utilize it well is magnezone, who often sees ttar switch into it. Even special gimmicky metagrosses prolly have better options.
EDIT: In conclusion its only good for pokemon with poor special movepools and stab :P
I meant as a whole, Steel as an attacking type is only good on Metagross and Scizor. I also think that Magnezone is better served with Sub/Tbolt/Magnet Rise/HP Ice or Grass. I wouldn't put my Magnezone anywhere near a TTar.

Oh my bad i shoulda known...well if you can catch ttar switch ins its useful, not to mention if you magnet rise most ttars will have a little harder time hurting you. Not sure what relevance this has to anything here though lol

Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball, and Dark Pulse are all 80 power. =/ Obviously Steel sucks as an attack type, but the only difference in raw power is 10% vs 20% chance of random effect, which is pretty negligible.

Voted for rock, as I'm actually getting excited about a fast rock special sweeper.

No matter what wins, I think we should make the typing unique though. For rock that would be secondary types of: Normal, Ice, Fighting, Ghost, Electric, Poison, or Dragon.

No matter what wins, I think we should make the typing unique though. For rock that would be secondary types of: Normal, Ice, Fighting, Ghost, Electric, Poison, or Dragon.
*whah-pshh!* Don't make me get into that again.

Just because you find a list of type combinations that hasn't been used before and pick one of them does not make you original; it just proves that you can fill in a bubble on a multiple choice question with seven options.

We should pick the type that is best for this Pokémon, and give no creedence to the type combinations that haven't been used before over the ones that haven't.

In fact, the best way to rock this out (haha) would be to show that we're better than people who just cram everything they can onto one Pokémon, and make it monotype for once! But that's a discussion for the next poll.

But seriously guys, a fast Steel sweeper? So much sexier than a fast special Rock sweeper. With Rock, we've got all these problems like the only STABs are Power Gem and AncientPower, neither of which even has 80 BP. With Steel, we don't even have that problem! We can just make him as awesome as we want without worrying about how the hell we're going to get around the restrictions set upon us by limited attack movepool options

Voted Electric.

Aside from reasons others have stated, I really like Lanturn and Zapdos, and I'd like to see an Electric-Wall rock Volt Tackle.

For Rock type, I can see its abilities being Adaptability and Technician.

It'd be funny to see an NU dragon, something slightly above farfetch'd usefulness xD. That's breaking the mold lol
CAP is about making OU Pokemon though.

I voted Fighting because of X-Act last round, though tbh I'm not so sure on it anymore. Another Pokemon weak to Flying may be a little too much, plus we already have Revenankh anyway. Doesn't matter much, since Rock will win this hands down. Keep in mind that Togekiss just Aura Spheres that to death.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We could always make a new Rock special move? Why are people so against making new moves?

because new moves are always the tiniest portion of new additions to each gen. d/p especially contributed very little new moves compared to new evolutions and new attack types.

plus, new moves fly in the face of creating new pokemon that function in the EXISTING ou environment

because new moves are always the tiniest portion of new additions to each gen. d/p especially contributed very little new moves compared to new evolutions and new attack types.

plus, new moves fly in the face of creating new pokemon that function in the EXISTING ou environment
I think it's the last bit that makes people against the idea of new moves. It's important to remember that a Rock Special Sweeper Could function without new moves or a new ability. However, we've already made a new ability for a CAP so new moves and abilities will obviously be considered at the proper stage of the process.

Voting for Rock!!
A speedy or special would be very unusual and different. I don't know why, but for the sprite I can't get the picture of a Lucario/Sudowoodo hybrid.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
d/p especially contributed very little new moves compared to new evolutions and new attack types.
You're joking, right?

Close Combat, Aura Sphere, U-turn, Gyro Ball, Flash Cannon, Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Flare Blitz, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Avalanche, Bug Buzz, Dark Pulse, Shadow Claw, Power Gem, X-Scissor... those are only new attacking moves, and the list goes on and on. I didn't mention a single new support move, of which there are several, nor moves that have changed from special to physical or vice-versa. Very little new moves you say?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You're joking, right?

Close Combat, Aura Sphere, U-turn, Gyro Ball, Flash Cannon, Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Flare Blitz, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Avalanche, Bug Buzz, Dark Pulse, Shadow Claw, Power Gem, X-Scissor... those are only new attacking moves, and the list goes on and on. I didn't mention a single new support move, of which there are several, nor moves that have changed from special to physical or vice-versa. Very little new moves you say?
One solution to the lack of good rock special moves is to allow our new pokemon access to Weather Ball. In Sandstorm it will be a 100 BP Rock special move. I doubt we'll give it Sandstream, but Sandstream + Weather Ball would give it a reliable special STAB option without inventing something new.

Voted Electric since Electric walls/tanks need more love. Zapdos has plenty of it already :P

Regarding moves, I think Sandstream + Weather Ball + Rock type would be OUTRAGEOUS. Or we could have Technician with Rock Blast and somewhat usable Attack stat to lol at Subs (I'm looking at you, Zapdos and Ninjask). But that's getting way ahead of schedules.

Voted Steel because I like it more than a Rock sweeper. I wouldn't mind Rock winning the vote, but I just hope we can make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)