CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 10c (New Move Poll 3)

What should the new move be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
and lol, 50/50 vote..
How many of them have we had this CaP?
I think this is a sign that the CAP project is maturing. We are getting quite good at submitting the "right" things for any given pokemon. Not just moves -- but also stat spreads, abilities, art, etc. Yes, we still have dumb stuff that comes up from time to time. But, on the whole, we have many members of the community that know what submissions will be competitively interesting, and popular with others. Therefore, we have fewer and fewer runaway victories. Every poll is close, because there are more good submissions from the community. But, on this CAP it has been razor-close in almost every final poll!

Code:
Ancient- antique, early, earliest, olden, prehistoric, primeval, primordial, antediluvian, primal, ageless, age-old

Beam- ray, shaft of light, stream
Got it, Primal Wave or Paleo Blaster?

Both keep with the theme of ancient/prehistoric but sounds slightly better.

It's looks like Ancient Beam(Bleh name) is winning by 6 point, just I thought. Won't have any hard feeling if it wins thought. The only thing that make me sad now is the fact I or we will never get another chance at using that suggestion again, such a waste.

Voted Ancient Beam (new name plz?).
Brimstone would probably not end up broken... but I don't want to give people any excuse to not give it the brilliant movepool that it needs (the elemental beams EP and more) and am afraid that people will use this as an excuse not to give it them.
That seem pretty silly to not give it a decent to brilliant movepool just because Brimstone won, if it did that is. It's not like any of those move would broken Rockmon and if it did gogogo Revise thread. Everything and anything can be fixed after lots of testing.

Ancient Beam all the way. Nice BP, 20% chance of activating a useful and not broken effect is good, and it's a beam.
I think I'd vote on Brimstone if the Burn chance was just a bit lower (20% maybe?)... I don't know if I'm just unlucky, but 30% effects like to activate a lot on me.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Both moves sound fine to me, both would be good additions to its movepool and both seem to fit well enough, I can see both sides of the argument for flavour..

Really I don't have a strong opinion ether way on this poll, so I voted in for the option that I think may influence future polls that I feel more strongly about.

And I still think that if it gets Brimstone it should get the Beams, but I suspect some voters would disagree with me.

@DJD that's probably it, with higher overall quality there is less clear difference and the top spot is more contested.
Also I've seen less "I vote for whatever is winning so we can get onto the next poll fast/don't need an extra poll" type votes this time round which I remember a few of from the early CaPs.
Dam those annoyed me...

Paleobeam seem tacked on. Paleo/Primal Wave sounded better to me. Primal = Ancient and ancient = rock so why not Primal? They're also Paleo/Primal Roar

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm a bit late, but Ancient Beam or whatever you want to call it won. I'll have a side name poll later some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)