CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 1 (Concept Poll 2)

What should the concept be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted Priority but looks like Break the Mold has this one. Should be interesting to make that, could go in any direction really.

TAY's seems like a Brawl reference. I picked Break The Mold, because I want to see a tankish Dark type. Or a Rock special sweeper.

Latinos idea still keeps the options nice and open so I went for that. Everyone's throwing around defensive dragon but I hope some other options are a lot more exciting.

I voted for break the mould, i can be a bit of a sheep (bahhhh) but it woulda been nice to see that aura idea go further!

Voted for Priority, but any of the three listed would make good ones. Let's have some fun with this!

I'd vote for Rock Special Sweeper.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is a kindly reminder to everyone to stay on topic. The topic is the three concepts in the OP. This is not a discussion about whatever cool idea for type or bias you think would be neat for a pokemon.

I have already deleted several posts that were off-topic. I didn't want to slap a bunch of infractions on people, since the project is probably new to several folks just joining in.

For those of you that have not read the rules, I suggest you do so. In particular, be aware that this project discusses and votes on each aspect of the new pokemon in a step-by-step process. We do not allow the discussion to jump ahead to a topic that will be covered later. That form of off-topic posting is called "poll jumping". Don't do it.

The order of events is in the process guide sticky, posted here.

From here on out, off-topic posts (e.g poll jumping) will be infracted.

i chose the mold pokemon as the aura user looks pretty dumb + the priority pokemon :there aren't that many strong priority moves so

They all sounded quite good, but I felt that with the priority mon there wasn't as much scope as the break the mould. Besides, Hitmontop pretty much covers the basic idea or priority coolness, and its a nice role for it to have, without any other pokemon joining it.

The aura one sounds very interesting, but I think breaking the mould has near unlimited possibilities and should be great fun to do.

Break the Mold sounds good. It will be interesting to see just how far will the typing go away from it's usual,main idea.

Hmm, i'm not fussed which we pick out from here but it's rather obvious which is going to win so i'll jump on the bandwagon to help keep it above 50%. Many of the arguments for the break the mold concept is that it's open ended, well it might not be as open ended as you think. In order to follow through the concept we need to first identify the generalizations of a type then do the opposite. This is open to some interpretation but with some discussion and theories with some stats to back it up we should be able to agree on certain points and go from there. By doing that the only thing that's not restricted or guided by the concept is the typing. In the end it's pretty much just as open ended as any other concept here the only difference is that it has the illusion of being so.

Okay, i'm looking forward to see what comes from this.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think Break The Mold will surely win, but then it's going to disappoint quite a few of the people who wanted their particular type to break the mold, only to get outvoted. :)

The Aura and Priority sounds good if you added alot of new stuff to the game, like both new abillitys and new attacking moves to work with the concept. But the Break the mold
concept could work without adding anything new to the game. But as Wyverii said it is not as free as you may think it is.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Since Break the Mold won with over 50% of the vote, another poll isn't necessary. The next thread will be Typing Poll One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)