CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 1 (Concept Poll 2)

What should the concept be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Three concepts had over 20% of the vote when adjusted for illegal votes.

Break the Mold- Click here to see the full post.

latinoheat said:
Name: Break the Mold
Description:
An OU viable pokemon that goes completely against the stereotypes of its typing.

Priority Pokemon- Click here to see the full post.

Magmortified said:
Name: Priority Pokemon
Concept: A Pokemon centered around the use of priority moves - possibly both negative and positive priority.
Behold, the Power of Aura!-Click here for the full post.

TAY said:
Name: Behold, the Power of Aura!
Description: This is a pokemon which specializes in reducing its own HP and gaining benefits from doing so.

If one concept does not have over 50% of the vote there will be a third poll.

I feel we (read: I) will have the the best metagame exploration experience (read: most fun) with Latino's idea.

Uh, I voted for TAY's.
But it seems almost inevitable that latinoheat's concept will win.
The three choices were all my top 3 choices from the previous poll, so I'm completely content with whatever rises to the top.

Voting for Latinoheat's proposal.

Come oooooooon, this is what most people want when designing fantasy Pokemon anyway.

Break the mold, Priority pokemon already exists (albeit in a form that's really not suitable for consistent OU usage) and frankly isn't something I want to see in OU. TAY's idea is good but I feel in order for it to work as something more than a sub or endure reversal pokemon it's going to need more low HP moves added in exclusively, as is I think it'd have to be either fighting or normal for flail or reversal STAB plus ground, rock, or steel for sandstorm immune. Not enough options.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Eh, I went with TAY's idea again but Break the Mold seems to be the sure winner and that'll also be a lot of fun.

Of the remaining submissions I like Aura best, but I wouldn't mind Break the Mold winning, as it's got a lot of potential for an interesting Pokemon.

I decided to flip a coin as I was stuck between voting for latinoheat, and voting for TAY.

Looking for a coin to flip I stumbled upon those really old Pokemon coins that were sold with the very first Pokemon TCG starter decks. I am happy that I found it as it brings back so many memories.

On topic: It landed on Heads so I am voting for TAY.

Break the Mold for me.

Aura doesn't leave alot of options. (Belly drum, reversal, and recoil moves are all that come to mind.) Plus it'll probably get KOed nonstop and see no use.

A pokemon with a bunch of priority moves seems like it will cause the issues Deoxys-E caused all over again.

I voted for TAY's as I still think that his idea is pretty good, but would still be happy with Latinoheats' concept winning also:)

I just realized abilities like swarm and torrent are pretty much the aura idea.
Yeah, swarm, torrent, blaze, overgrow or whatever the grass one is, plus reversal, flail, belly drum, and substitute for moves off the top of my head. I think that is just about all that we've got to work with on TAY's without adding new moves and abilities. And any successful flail/reversal pokemon in today's OU needs to have air lock, cloud nine, sand veil, or ground/rock/steel typing to deal with sand storm.

Come to think of it though, sub+bellydrum+reversal sounds like it has potential, bellyzard on steroids especially if it was immune to sandstorm. I'd be perfectly happy if TAY's won. I prefer Latinoheat's though because it grants a metric fuckton of freedom of design, it's almost free form.

Voting for "Break the mold" as it is the concept that allows for the most creativity. "Priority" i've really had enough of in this metagame and "Behold, the Power of Aura" simply doesn't appeal to me as that interesting of a concept.

Yeah, swarm, torrent, blaze, overgrow or whatever the grass one is, plus reversal, flail, belly drum, and substitute for moves off the top of my head. I think that is just about all that we've got to work with on TAY's without adding new moves and abilities. And any successful flail/reversal pokemon in today's OU needs to have air lock, cloud nine, sand veil, or ground/rock/steel typing to deal with sand storm.

Come to think of it though, sub+bellydrum+reversal sounds like it has potential, bellyzard on steroids especially if it was immune to sandstorm. I'd be perfectly happy if TAY's won. I prefer Latinoheat's though because it grants a metric fuckton of freedom of design, it's almost free form.
Eh, I wouldn't like an aura pokemon with these moves. It would just mean if it doesn't set up it's crap, and if it does you're fucked. But of course counters with priority moves could easily start being used in certain ways to counter it, making it useless. I think if it were to win it wouldn't get drum, but maybe a reverser.

Regardless, it looks like break the mold will be winning, which I don't understand.

I can understand finding Aura boring, but how do you find the ability to do almost anything with a concept boring?
It's more that we are either going to get a defensive dragon or a better electivire with the fighting type. We have a lot of free range, but those are what people have been talking about for the last month, soo. It's more I don't find those two ideas exciting more than I don't find breaking the mold exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)