CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 1 (Concept Poll 1)

What should our concept be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just so everyone knows, the cut-off will be 20% of the vote. Sorry bout this, I just realized 15 was too little.

Damn I wanted to vote for four of the concepts.

Anyway I made my choice and voted for Break the Mold: This just seems like an incredibly interesting concept. I can already see how much fun it would be to make a Pokemon like this.

Behold the Power of Aura: Another awesome concept. Having already stated that I supported this concept I felt obligated to vote for it. I am interested in how a Pokemon like this would do in the current metagame.

My other two choices would have been Priority Pokemon, and Revenge Killer.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I usually don't post with the CAP projects, but i'm going to start with this one.

I think the most potential lies with the Status Absorber. While most of you could just just 'natural cure, lol', we could have a pokemon that makes good use of Psycho Shift, Facade, or with a new ability akin to Guts or Quick Feet, depending on it's build or stat spread. Also, we could type it as to miss poison or electric moves, or aaaa whatever i think it's cool

The second i voted for is the Priority User. Most of the pokemon we've seen that have sets with priority moves either have so many options you could do without the priority, or are so centered around them that it's almost their downfall (hitmontop, anyone? i hated that set :X). Anyways, by creating new moves or utilizing STAB priority+Exspeed with possibly a new ability to increase their power specifically, or just slapping on technician, we could explore a more bulky build with quick jabs, as speed would be less important?

idk i'm vaguely rambling but that's what i think.

Allright...

Revenge Killer: though I think it would actually be a pretty good addition, it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

Status absorber: I have to kinda agree with Wyverii on this; fidgit has three status down already; it seems a little redundant now.

Break the mold: would be pretty cool actually, but it is very vague and the way I see it is probably WAY different than what the rest of the community wants; everyone probably has their own idea in mind of what this should be.

Priority Pokemon: this idea fills me with glee; it is an idea I actually was considering submitting. However, TAY brought up a good point; Hitmontop has this role covered VERY well.

Atomic bomb: the name here makes me think of an exploder. When I actually read the description though, I couldn't help thinking of Garchomp. He basically takes care of this (and revenge killer to an extent). If he were officially banned it may be different, but he isn't yet.

Definite Hazer: again agreeing with Wyverii; it seems roar/whirlwind are better in every way unless they are down to the last pokemon. Seems a bit useless.

Powere of Aura: so basically a really good user of reversal or something. I could see how making this concept viable would be cool, but the nature of the strategy makes it hard to be a standard strategy (plus reversal Luke is pretty good).

Kamikaze: I would actually like this, but alot of pokemon use these moves already. I guess cramming all of them into one poke may serve to differentiate this enough.

Nerf: would be very good for this project I think. As far as filling holes, it seems Slaking has this covered pretty well (and Regifail I guess). There are other ways of nerfing. (The fire/flying type seems to be a pretty horrible combo)

Controller of Hax: Ignoring the fact that everyone hates hax, this concept is even more valuable considering there is no real Hax counter viable in OU. I think it could bring something very needed to the metagame. Hax is also one of those things that you hate if it hurts you, but love if it helps you. I think the other side of this (abusing hax) would also be very fun to exploit.

I am obviously a bit biased toward my own concept, but that is why I submitted it in the first place.
This is my opinion, and you can make of it what you will. I'm just throwing it there.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
urm.. why did Giant Enemy Crap vote for all 10 options...
also Ria voted for 4, MeGaBiTe 3.

That is probably not all of them, but you 3 should get your vote fixed.

I voted for the Definative Hazer cause it would be nice to have pokemon cause I feel it could play a significant role in metagame. Though all the concept posted would be interesting to see so I don't care who wins in the long run. ^_^

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
These people's votes are ineligible as of now:

Ria
cyberzero
Flounder
Giant Enemy Crab (Seriously, did you have to fucking vote for every option?)
Megabite
IceBug

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Voting for Break the Mold and NERF. To be honest, there are a LOT I liked, and it was hard to narrow it down to two...

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We can't remove people's votes from the list of votes. We can adjust the vote totals. Let's just wait until the end of the poll. For people that voted for more than two, their votes should be ignored. For example, Ria PM'ed and asked for two votes to be removed. Unfortunately, Ria voted for FIVE different options by my count.

Rather than dealing with all this vote-changing bullshit, I think we should simply ignore anyone that voted for more than two. Mistake or not, it's too big of a pain to keep track of removed votes. We should just wait until the poll closes and then adjust the final totals.

I voted for the Priority Move User and The Power Of Aura. They just seemed like things that are rarely seen in the OU metagame. Priority moves outside of ice shard are completely forgotten while I have never seen a ghost curse (of course there's a fairly legitimate reason for that), or most other HP cutting moves. In fact, all I really see is Life Orb.

I had a few qualms with a few of these. Weavile and Dugtrio are already fine revenge killers so I don't see the need for about a month of hard work going into something that, to make it stand out, we'd basically have to make it uber just to outclass both of them. I liked the Kamikaze idea but I only had two votes. The near uber one reminds me of Slaking or Regigigas (though I imagine you won't make it that bad.

The rest seemed alright but the first two tickled my fancy.

tennisace

We can't remove people's votes from the list of votes. We can adjust the vote totals. Let's just wait until the end of the poll. For people that voted for more than two, their votes should be ignored. For example, Ria PM'ed and asked for two votes to be removed. Unfortunately, Ria voted for FIVE different options by my count.

Rather than dealing with all this vote-changing bullshit, I think we should simply ignore anyone that voted for more than two. Mistake or not, it's too big of a pain to keep track of removed votes. We should just wait until the poll closes and then adjust the final totals.
Ah. I see. I thought you could delete votes. My bad Doug.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm kind of tired of how this entire project is run, so I hope this time it will be smoother.

Anyway I only voted one thing because there was only one thing that I really liked up there, seems like creativity is seriously lacking.

Anyway, voted the priority user because Priority moves help us change the pace of the game.

I voted for Brand Name Football AKA Nerf and Controller of Hax. Both are projects that should be fun to do if they win. (Which isn't looking too likely as of the time of this post, but w/e.)

They were all good ideas, though.

hmmmm, I'd definitely say priority user and i guess adter the only really fun sounding one is the Brand Name Football, i think both of these could be fun to make and add a whole new aspect to the metagame.

Status absorber: I have to kinda agree with Wyverii on this; fidgit has three status down already; it seems a little redundant now.
Side effect from a past project. A Status absorber could be an offensive Pokemon like Luke. They're many possiblities that could come from this idea.

First of all, congrats on TL tennis. I know I'm late, but I wasn't here.

Secondly, voted for myself and priority. *Crosses fingers, hoping for 20%*

Behold, the Power of Aura - I really hope this one wins. It could lead to alot of cool concepts.
Brand-name foam football, otherwise known as Nerf
- Nerf would be interesting to help create.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Voted for Gothic_Togekiss and latinoheat. Both of those would be fun to do, and either of them could put a big smackdown on Togekiss if done right.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tays is kinda like mine, so I voted for it in addition to mine.
EDIT: Shut! I missed the TAY button and hit thin air instead >.>

So yeah if you're doing adjusted votes please take that into account.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
latinoheat's has a lot of potential, so I voted on his; and Deoxys-A is one of my favorite pokés, so trying to do something like a (really) downgraded version of it for OU is relevant to my interests :D

So, it's latinoheat and Fishin to me. Status Absorber and Priority Pokémon would get my vote if I could vote for more than two, so I hope they get through the cutoff point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)