CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 15 (Sprite Poll 1)

Whose sprites should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough choice but I actually like Wyverii's backsprite better than Doug's.

I procrastinated too much on my sprite once again, maybe I'll make it to the poll next time.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I voted for Atyroki. To be honest I really think it's a sin that it isn't getting the attention it deserves.

I know that it's been said before, and I know why this can't happen. But it would be so awesome if on Shoddy you could choose which sprites you wanted to display, because the sprites made for this project are always nearly all amazing...

Yeah, Doug's got this won. If there was one sprite I wanted through other than my own it would be Doug's. I'm still happy though since I got what I wanted anyway, which was the support of the original designer and a lot of fun.

Eheheh, good contest. Make sure to enter next time Doug. I hope KoA's back by then as well.

Like most, it came down to Wyverii vs Doug. I voted Wyverii because I especially didn't like the back sprite on Doug's submission, despite the more dynamic front pose.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really like Dougs, and Elevator's tough decision, I think I'm gonna go with Doug since A_S is down like by 50. =[

It's really good sprite I thought. D=

Yeah, looks like doug has this one. I voted Atryoki cause spidey is awesome. I probably would have voted doug if it wasn't so obvious he was going to win already.

While Doug does have a good sprite, I voted for Wyverii since I think it's the closest to the sprites made by Game Freak, and truthfully, it's the only backsprite with the correct lighting as mentioned in the discussion thread (other than Elevator Music/Nasty Pass's, but the arms in the front sprite are too complicated for me). I would've voted for Doug, but I think the hands are too human-like and it staring straight at me will (I think) look a little weird in battle.

Voted Doug. I like both Doug's and Wiiveri's front sprites equally (well, maybe I like Wiiveri's a bit more), but Doug's backsprite is much better, so there goes my vote.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wow! I'm very surprised and honored. This is the first time ANYTHING I have submitted to CAP has been selected in a community poll. I did spend ungodly amounts of time on this sprite; it's almost embarrassing how obsessed I was with all the details. It's nice to see the hard work paid off. The ironic part is that my back sprite was apparently a major deciding factor for many people voting for my sprite -- the back sprite was the part I spent the least amount of time on!

I'm not really a spriter. I'm an artist that occasionally dabbles in pixel art. I started this sprite because I know a lot about drawing hands, and I thought I would experiment with how certain hand details might be represented in pixel form. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. My front sprite needed a LOT of work, considering this is what I started with:

Many thanks to Elevator Music for giving me initial feedback to improve it. And thanks to UberMunch for consistently urging me to make a real submission -- although I didn't get his vote in the end. :( Also, thanks to Absolution for some feedback that made me completely reevaluate the "look" of my sprite. Wyverii was a constant mentor to everyone in the sprite submission thread. I think we all know that she is one of the premier spriters in this community, so any nuggets of advice she's willing to give is always appreciated and respected. All her sprites are totally amazing (Check out her art thread, if you haven't already. Pad your jaw, because it will hit the floor). All the other spriters made fantastic submissions. There were a couple of front sprites in the submission thread that were really good, that I was hoping would become full submissions (Cyzir and Zantimonius come to mind). I also hope that KOA returns in the future. He's right up there with Wyverii in the pantheon of spriting gods, IMO.

Here's the individual sprites, just in case you need to reference them in individual form. These will be added to the CAP sprite directory, which will be the "official" version. But this should help anyone that needs to paste a pic before the official versions are uploaded.

Front Normal Male and Female

Front Shiny Male and Female

Back Normal Male and Female

Back Shiny Male and Female

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)