Which name should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, we're down to four names for this poll. Options with 30+ votes in the last thread moves on. In this thread the top 2 will.
Options are:

Fidgit (i think it sounds cute, and it probably has trouble finding something for all those hands to do, so it fidgets. also rhymes with 'digit')

Polypalm - a combination of opiliones, poly and palm.

Harvesand- A combination of harvestman (the arachnid he is based on) and sand for the ground aspect. It is simple enough, plus it sounds like havestman when you say it. Alternatively, it could be Harvestand as in stand instead of sand.

I'm thinking Palmmire (palm -mire) sounds pokemon-ish. Pretty fitting flavorwise IMO. Looks like it's spelled weird, though. Maybe drop an M (Palmire)?
Palm, obvious.
Mire, 1 : wet spongy earth (as of a bog or marsh) 2 : heavy often deep mud or slush. In most of the sprites he's seen carrying muck with him so this isn't too far off. Could also relate more to the arachnid side of him also. (Great Marsh anyone? Just think of him high walking through it raised above all the muck. If you can find a scorpion there why not this guy?)

I'm voting Fidgit.

I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me.

Plus, it doesn't blatantly obvious where the name came from.

[Spammity Spam Spam]2nd Post![/Spamitty Spam Spam]

Voted for Palmire. don't really like any of them but whatever. its the best out of what's left.

Go go Harvesand!

Why are names just so hard to pick? I'm sure we've all had our situations where we've grown to love a name we originally loathed so i'm sure we'll be fine with whatever we pick. (I'm still going to take the mic out of Fidgit though. ;p)

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Go go Harvesand!

Why are names just so hard to pick? I'm sure we've all had our situations where we've grown to love a name we originally loathed so i'm sure we'll be fine with whatever we pick. (I'm still going to take the mic out of Fidgit though. ;p)
This.

Polypalm ain't gettin much love... : (

seems that it's going to be down to harvesand and fidgit. but it's rather hard to tell this early.

i like harvesand be cause of the way it sounds and that it sounds the most like a pokemon to me personnally
(if you think i'm wrong keep it to yourselves please)

What happened to Fidgetrick?!
Aw, it was two votes short. =/
Now I don't know which one to support. ;_;

I'm going to abstain for now, because I'm split directly down the middle as to whether I like Fidgit or hate it.

EDIT: I voted for Polypalm, because honestly, it's the one I like the most. Fidgit really does sound a bit like a joke name, and Harvesand sounds grossly unflowing. If it comes down to a vote between Fidgit and Harvesand, I'll vote for Fidgit, but I really don't think either of them are fantastic.

Harvesand? Seriously? Okay, it comes from Harvestman species of spider, but what is the first thing you think you when you see the beginning, 'harvest'? Farms, right? Plantation. Harvesand reminds me of the grass type, totally not the Ground/Poison typing we gave CaP 4.

Fidgit, on the other hand, reminds me of the word 'fidget', meaning "to behave or move nervously or restlessly." Look at the bolded part. Then look at an ability we gave CaP 4. Vital Spirit. The name Fidgit ('finger' combined with 'digit') blends with the all the other aspects of this Pokémon. Vote Fidgit!

I really don't understand how people are misinterpreting Fidgit as a joke name. Really.

I friggen barf when I read Harvesand. That name is HORRIBLE imo. Others may like it, but the sound is so repelling. Fidgit is the best I guess since it's basically neck and neck with Harvesand. VOTE FIDGIT!

HARVESAND!!! You say it doesn't go with the poison/ground typing? I say fidget doesn't go with the typing AT ALL. It doesn't fit it like HARVESAND!!!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I went with Palmire. Fidgit is incredibly lame. Since Harvesand is right on its tail, I'll go for that if there's another poll.

Why the hell would we name our utility pokemon after a behavior three year old brats are known for? Fidgit has no positive connotations, it'd be like naming Alakazam "FrenchyStache"

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Fidgit is the only one that sounds good. The rest just don't sound natural. Palmire reminds me of quagsire too much. That isn't a good thing. But as long as Harvesand and Polypalm don't win, I'll be ok.

I went with Palmire. Fidgit is incredibly lame. Since Harvesand is right on its tail, I'll go for that if there's another poll.

Why the hell would we name our utility pokemon after a behavior three year old brats are known for? Fidgit has no positive connotations, it'd be like naming Alakazam "FrenchyStache"
Why the hell did we give our utility pokemon an ability three year old brats are known for having?

Why the hell did we give our utility pokemon an ability three year old brats are known for having?
Fidgiting uncontrollably and having such an indominable spirit that you can't even be willed to fall asleep are two completely different things.

Besides, you shouldn't really make any flavor arguments involving Vital Spirit because it only won on mechanics, and Frisk had much better flavor anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)