CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 12 (Complete Movepool Poll)

Which Movepools would you be happy for our Pokemon to have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I am fully against Toxic Spikes on this thing, because that means it will totally shit over Nidoqueen at everything except attacking movepool.
Stop right there. This is Revenankh all over again, where everyone was whining that it would shit on Dusknoir. You people wanted a Poison/Ground instead of a Poison/Electric or Dragon. You all voted for this. So when someone comes on and says that this is going to shit all over the Nidos, I really don't want to hear it. This isn't meant to be a personal attack btw Dixie.

Stop right there. This is Revenankh all over again, where everyone was whining that it would shit on Dusknoir. You people wanted a Poison/Ground instead of a Poison/Electric or Dragon. You all voted for this. So when someone comes on and says that this is going to shit all over the Nidos, I really don't want to hear it. This isn't meant to be a personal attack btw Dixie.
No offence taken, but whilst Revenankh does shit all over Dusknoir, at least Dusknoir can differentiate itself with Will-o-Wisp and its typing.

What we are doing is taking Nidoqueen's only saving attributes: its typing, SR and Toxic Spikes ability and giving it too a pokemon with better stats defensively and a recovery move which is defeating the purpose of CAP when it makes a pokemon 100% overshadowed by it.

Let me put it this way, why would you use Nidoqueen over DDL?

No offence taken, but whilst Revenankh does shit all over Dusknoir, at least Dusknoir can differentiate itself with Will-o-Wisp and its typing.

What we are doing is taking Nidoqueen's only saving attributes: its typing, SR and Toxic Spikes ability and giving it too a pokemon with better stats defensively and a recovery move which is defeating the purpose of CAP when it makes a pokemon 100% overshadowed by it.

I agree with this. DDL already has tons of possible support moves, it doesn't need to take a complete shit on Nidoqueen.

Because Nidoqueen is UU, we shouldnt focus on making it completely obsolete from OU play, in fact, the anthithesis is one of the aims of the CAP project.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Poison Point
Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Crunch
Charm
Rest/Talk to absorb status.
Shadow Ball
Rivalry
Defense Curl
Dragon Pulse
Icy Wind (Which works because it's slower)
Surf

While it may have little use for some of these moves, they're there nonetheless.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Thats what I tried to do when I created movepool, to keep with Nidoqueen some things this doesn't have.

For instance, Nidoqueen is great at sending back unStabbed Earthquakes. The set I set in ADV UU was Earthquake/Counter/Ice Beam/Roar. It worked quite well in that environment, and it might work better now that unStabbed Ice Punches are everywhere.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I appreciate all the hard work that the submitters put into the movepools. I think we have a very nice slate to choose from here.

I read all the movepool explanations (very well-done by all the submitters) and then went back through all the movepools about three times, just scanning moves and comparing them. In the end, I preferred movepools without any pre-evolution stipulations and not too many attacking options in the level-up list.

I voted for X-Act, Tennisace, Hyra, and Deck Knight. All of those would work well. Actually, almost all the movepools would be acceptable to me. There were only one or two that I didn't like at all.

If I had to choose a favorite, I think I'd go with Hyra's set. It was the only movepool that really caught my attention on the first pass. The others required a little study for me to appreciate their construction. Since many people evaluate our pokemon for the first time by looking at the movepool in the Shoddy team builder -- I want a movepool that has nice "curb appeal". Hyra's fits the bill for me.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Nidoqueen got a measly 126 uses during July on the CaP server. For every one Nidoqueen there were 30.5 Garchomps.

... We could always wait for late August useage with DLL and see if that ratio rises if you want to settle this once and for all :P

tennisace

In the meantime, I'm going to make a Nidoqueen team, and use it frequently.

Why do I get the most positive things said about my movepool, but end up in 4th?

Also, X-Act is winning by soo much it isn't funny.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why do I get the most positive things said about my movepool, but end up in 4th?

Also, X-Act is winning by soo much it isn't funny.
Probably cause I voted for his spread too, in addition to mine and DDRMaster...

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The fact that I'm winning doesn't mean a lot. What if all my votes are second or third preferences? The real vote will come when people will vote for only one movepool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)