CAP 33 - Part 13 - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
CAP 33 So Far

--

Shiny Palette Rules
  • Shiny palettes must be submitted as palette swaps of the winning sprite entry. No other modifications to the image may be made.
  • Colors in a shiny palette must have the same relative hue and brightness compared to the corresponding color on the original sprite.
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red AND dark blue -> dark red
        • Light blue -> white AND dark blue -> gray
        • Light blue -> gray AND dark blue -> black
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> dark green AND dark blue -> light green
        • Light blue -> light red AND dark blue -> dark green
      [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Images must be in PNG format.
No more than three WIP shiny palettes can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the shiny palette rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Smogon forums or Imgur). Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.
Sprites:

Final Submission

I like shinnies that try to lean closer to secondary types in terms of color correlation, think Celebi turning pink like the Psychic type color instead of Green, the Grass type color. In this case, I went with a Fairy-like palette. Going for a sleepy dreams/night time story palette.

Last edited:
WIP (1/3)
Big Wave Shiny WIP 1.png

I went for a more tropical beach-type teal for the main body here and I quite liked it. Purple moon contrasted quite nicely.

WIP (2/3)
Big Wave Shiny WIP 2.png

Sort of the reverse of the above, but I really wanted to try a shiny with a blue moon, because "once in a blue moon" is too applicable here, and I couldn't pass it up. Purple was also a really nice color for the main body honestly. For both shiny palettes I adjusted the "foam" frills towards their respective body colors because I think these should stay relatively the same.

CONCEPT

From the beginning I knew that I wanted to make the shiny "wavemon" as if it were a sea of blood, like the second bowl of the Seven Bowls of God's Wrath; but there was a problem, I hate red, however, I do like dark shades of red, like maroon. So here are my shinies in progress:

WIP (1/3)
1699553621507.png

I feel like this is the one that will be liked the most overall, as it uses a dark but somewhat bright red tone. I would prefer it to be a shade closer to maroon, but I still really like it.

WIP (2/3)
1699554027044.png

In this case, I love the shade of garnet red. However, it loses a bit of the "blood" tone that I wanted to portray, but I think it might be worth the sacrifice.

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Final Submission

CAP 33 gen 5 sprite.png

Inspired by the night where tides don reflective highlights in moonlight, creating striking highlights that are contrasted by a deep blue in accordance with the night sky. A bit of a blood moon-type beat to go with it since this red worked really well with the base blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)