CAP 32 - Part 11 - Prevo # Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by this design and the stats, I would say that two prevos is kind of a stretch. I would definitely say one pre-evolution is the way to go, as there are still a number of interesting designs we could make based off of this one. It seems to be modeled after a heart, so the prevo could be made of veins or cardiac tissue something that would evolve into the full organ, or maybe be an undeveloped embryonic organ, but in a wholesome, non-squeamish manner. We could also go the route Gamefreak has gone with lines like the Pikipek line, where it changes to something different but similar (woodpecker to toucan), for example, making kidneys evolve into a heart.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
It doesn't look like a standalone mon to me. Not sure whether I'd prefer one or two prevos, I could definitely see it as either.

Had the stats being just below the 510 mark I think it could have worked as a standalone. However, I believe it's best for it to have at least one prevolution. Something akin to Bellibolt and it's prevo could work.

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
Though this 'mon is comparable to some more complex single stage 'mons like Dhelmise and Mawile, I think its level of detail is at a point where one pre-evolution is the best way to go. Slurpuff, Swalot, and Bellibolt are all examples of two stage 'mons that I think are in a similar position to CAP32.

While one prevo could totally work and make sence, im more excited and interested in the prospect of two prevos, there's a few examples of fairy pokemon that have 2 prevos despite being "small and average"
Wigglytuff, clefable, azumarill, even togekiss to some extent.
And i believe this design has so much potential to offer (similar to others like reuniclus) that we can make 2 preevos with very interesting and fun designs, which ultimately is the purpose of this process.

Judging by this design and the stats, I would say that two prevos is kind of a stretch. I would definitely say one pre-evolution is the way to go, as there are still a number of interesting designs we could make based off of this one. It seems to be modeled after a heart, so the prevo could be made of veins or cardiac tissue something that would evolve into the full organ, or maybe be an undeveloped embryonic organ, but in a wholesome, non-squeamish manner. We could also go the route Gamefreak has gone with lines like the Pikipek line, where it changes to something different but similar (woodpecker to toucan), for example, making kidneys evolve into a heart.
I suggest a similar route, also following the evolution of the heart itself. Chordate hearts follow a 2 chamber system (Tunicates, fish), diversifying later into 3 (amphibians, most reptiles), and 4 (crocodilians, birds, mammals) chambers much later. I’ve jokingly related CAP 32 to a Tunicate before, so a prevo could follow this pattern as well, beginning as a tadpole like larva

Joining the bandwagon for two pre-evos. One, we haven't had a three-stage line in a very long time (like, the last three stage were the CAP starters). Two, Blorenge said they designed it akin to Clefable and Blissey, two fellow fairies who have three stages, so there's that. Three, we could follow the example of reuniclus where we go from cell to veins to actual heart.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Echoing the sentiment that two pre-evos is what I think would be the best way to go here. A lot of Fairy-types with similar spreads, such as Clefable and Wigglytuff, end up being part of a three-stage evolution line. Also, we haven't done a mon with two pre-evos in a while (Last time was the starters), and I think this is the perfect oppurtunity to do one since there's a lot we could explore with for this design.

One prevo is what I instinctually go with and is what makes the most sense to me. Two prevos kinda make sense, but the Basic stage would have to be really underdeveloped, IMO (e.g. Cleffa, not Azurill). This design seems complex enough that I can envision "Just the heart" as its sole prevo.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
I'm leaning toward two prevos for this guy, in the same vein as a line like Cleffa-Clefairy-Clefable or Tinkatink-Tinkatuff-Tinkaton. The idea of developing the heart through it's prevos (like the evolution of the organ itself) lends itself to two other designs very well.

Two prevos makes the most sense to me. A little love heart to a larger, more distressed heart, then our big boyo. Besides, how often do we get a CAP with two prevos? Let's live a little!

I'm going to throw my support in the ring for two pre-evos, this guy gives me Clefable and Wigglytuff vibes (Fairy type, on the smaller side, lower BST, r o t u n d) so makes sense, plus if we do go the Clef/Wiggly route it'll be a great opportunity to make our first ever Baby CAP!

Two prevos makes sense for an organ to evolve from a cell and a tissue. I'll give further input on the Discord until the later discussions come up.

Sificon

I'm not here for your entertainment
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Before reading any of the posts here, I was leaning towards only 1 prevo. Now after reading the other posts, I do also think that 2 prevos would make more sense. The thought behind supporting only 1 prevo was that I feared if we'd "force" two prevos on it, those would kinda look awkward and we'd end up with a really awkward middle stage mon. Said thing won't be an issue tho if we create a baby mon which I think would really fit this mon and thus I am more leaning towards 2 prevos now

I'm leaning toward two prevos for this guy, in the same vein as a line like Cleffa-Clefairy-Clefable or Tinkatink-Tinkatuff-Tinkaton. The idea of developing the heart through it's prevos (like the evolution of the organ itself) lends itself to two other designs very well.
This idea has my thoughts essentially, most of the replies here have mentioned that it's a bit odd on it's own and doesn't feel complete and I fully agree. Mons that resemble this have pre-evolutions.

Now as for the justification for why it has to have 2 instead of one, it has lots of room to reference heart parts and also get more appeal from things like how cool or cute or interesting something is.

The design on it's own relies on the reference of Heartburn but it can definetly feel fleshed out with two evolutions, there is so much to explore with hearts from down to puns, what they represent or referencing parts or features of it and it would be great if that role wasn't just put into one pokemon. One pre-evolution is fine if it happens to be the chosen one too but two would be great for this.

Said thing won't be an issue tho if we create a baby mon
This too, similar to how Cleffa, Happiny and Igglybuff are, the middle stage can have some of its own identity from the pre-evolution and final evolution.

My initial thought was no prevos, but I am also now on the side of 2 prevos after perusing the thread. It's a highly iterable concept, and helps the thematic tie with Blissey and Clefable.
But more importantly: CAP32 is already baby. Getting to make 2 guys that are progressively even more baby is just good business.

memesketch

won't look back, i must shine
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I was initially on the side of one prevo, but after thinking it over I'm more inclined to agree with the majority opinion that 2 prevos seems like the way to go. I like the idea of following suit with other, similar fairies (Clef, Wiggly, Azu) that have baby Pokemon with more simplistic designs for a first stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)