Can Pinsir effectively begin battles?

Scizor lead is super weak to Salamence, Gyarados and kinda to Gengar (Gengar won't be killin' it but Scizor can't do ANYthing to it :P), but is great against Tyranitar and Weavile, I dunno I don't like it at all xD

I would prefer to use a Choice Scarfer that hits SE all the list as a lead.

Choice Scarf Adamant Medicham looks appealin' for me, with enough speed to outspeed Weavile, nothin' else, I don't care if Aerodactyl pwns me it isn't that scary :P

Mecicham @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
EVs: 16 HP, 252 Atk, 240 Speed
- Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

About the Intimidators, it still KOs Salamence after Intimidate, stupid Bulky Gyarados (212 HP, 180 Def) survives the hit (takes 77-90% damage) but it can't KO Medicham back luckily ^^

Garchomp also gets pwned if it tried to be a lead xD

Standard Mix Pert (Relaxed, 240 HP, 212 Def) takes 44-52% damage, a possible 2KO, Swampy's Surf do 46-54% against Medi, you have chances of survivin' unless it gets lucky and deals more than 50% damage 2 times....

Psycho Cut is for Gengar and the ocassional Weezing.

(Gengar won't be killin' it but Scizor can't do ANYthing to it :P)
Well, Scizor CAN Night slash and has a 60 BP Pursuit with Technician. But, Gengar won't be switching out even with Pursuit, as his Thunderbolt itself is likely a 2HKO. Not to mention fast hypnosis.

Hmm, how is Scizor weak to Gyarados?
Intimidate, resistance to both of its STABs, No Super Effective attack against Gyara, is slower, takes Waterfall neutral, gets pwned by Taunt if it wants to B.Pass somethin', practically a free Dragon Dance for Gyara, lol : P

Ohh, I thought you meant he had a weakness to one of his moves...I was thinking "Wait, Gyrados doesn't learn Fire Blast"...hah, anyway...

Hmm, what about Ninetales as a starter...outspeeds pretty much everything not named Weavile and Gengar (Timid nature, 252 Speed EVs) and threatens the Dragons with Hypnosis, then if they switch, I get that free Nasty Plot.

Pinsir is still a good starting pokemon if only for the fact that it gets Quick Attack and can effectively be a Focus Sash Pokemon...

Pinsir@Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Hyper Cutter (so you don't fear Intimidate leads)
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Speed
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge (either or Pinsir is fast enough for occational flinch hax)
- Quick Attack

Beat something up, if they are focus sash, you use quick attack to finish them off (assuming they too dont have a quick attack move).

Ninetails is a better pokemon to switch in rather than lead with, this way you can get the benefit of Flash Fire Activating... eh

Yanmega will be my favorite lead for quite some time...

- Protect for the speed boost or to scout the opening Gyara/Sala/Ttar... especially a CB/CS.
- STAB Bug Buzz OHKO's Weavile, 2HKO's Cresselia
- STAB Air Slash OHKO's Heracross (and I think Infernape)

and then a nice choice of Hypnosis, Giga Drain (for Swampert), or Hidden Power for coverage...

It's also nice to see him come in on predicted Earthquakes to wreak havoc in the late game.

I use CB Arcanine as my lead, Intimidate, kills weaviles and gyarados' (not really, but scares it away), and beats the crap out of swithces with flare blitz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)