Other Metagames [CAMOMONS] Ghosts in the Shell (peaked 1371, 11th on ladder)

Ghosts in the Shell

1371 ladder.jpg

Hello everyone!
I wanted to build a team around one of my favorite movies.
This is my first team submission, so please let me know if I did something wrong.
I love the monthly metagames a lot, they're a nice distraction from the regular ladder.

Team Description
Camomons is very interesting in that it allows certain mons to take advantage of their abilities (Levitate + Fire/Electric typing, Flash Fire + Grass typing, Sap Sipper + Water/Ground typing, ETC). I approached the team building process with wanting to use some Webs/Hyper Offense on the ladder, but immediately ran into some very BULKY mons *cough corsola cough*. I modified the team and added some special counters (for some reason most current bulky teams don't have a special wall).

The Team
hydreigon.gif

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

This mon is a THREAT. Althought it really opens you up even more to Fighting type mons, Dark and Steel typings really cover a lot of weaknesses (especially sound based moves like Boomburst/Overdrive which can bypass your sub).
Ghost/Normal typing is really common on the ladder right now and this is a direct counter. Substitute + Nasty Plot lets you annihilate most mons regardless of typing and also lets you avoid anti-set up threats like will-o-wisp and other status moves.

Slurpuff-AttackAnimation-XY-2.gif

Slurpuff @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Yawn
- Endeavor
- Sticky Web

Slurpuff is very annoying. Its main role is to get up webs, but yawn + endeavor are big threats too. Combining all of that with its ability, Unburden, Slurpuff is a staple of the team. Webs are mostly there to help Aegislash, but everyone benefits from it. Although this mon doesn't get belly drum anymore, a lot of people who played past gens think this mon is gonna set up and sweep; opponents tend to will-o-wisp this thing and give you free webs.

868.gif

Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Shell Smash
- Giga Drain

The main sweeper. This mon is pretty self explanatory, click shell smash and sweep. STAB Shadow Ball/Stored Power kill most mons.
I like to save it as a late game sweeper, but you can run through unprepared teams early pretty easily as well. Giga Drain can be exchanged for another move, but I like for rain teams (it also lets you get back to full from rocks against certain mons).

cloy.gif

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear

The same Cloyster everyone knows and loves, but with Crustle's typing ;-)
This mon is honestly hit or miss. It can sometimes be your win con and sometimes it just provides a good pivot sack.
Icicle Spear is good against annoying flying types that bypass webs.
Great against mons holding focus sashes.
Originally I had Dracovish in this slot.

Aegislash-AttackAnimation-XY.gif

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Close Combat
- Autotomize

Underrated Sweeper when webs are up. 240 speed still runs into some trouble, but that's why Autotomize is there.
Stance Change is great for setting up and most opponents expect you to have King's Shield and will overpredict.
Feel free to replace Autotomize with King's Shield if you'd like.

giphy.gif

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

I LOVE Poison and Ground typing.
The Focus Sash on this mon isn't super important, but comes in handy against other set up sweepers.
With there being 3 other Focus Sashes on the team, this mon is very important.
Mold Breaker earthquake really comes in handy too and with the Gen 8 update to Rapid Spin, this thing is a sweeper on it's own too.

Threats

• Cinderace is really annoying, but not impossible to play against. Court Change is annoying, but Excadrill is a hard counter most of the time.
• Taunt on Slurpuff kinda cripples the momentum you have on the first turn.
• Clear Body Dragapult is a HUGE threat, but again, not impossible to counter.
• This might not seem like a threat, but the Camomons ladder is pretty small. This team does best when your opponents doesn't know what your game plan is, but I guess that can be said of most teams.

Replays
I laddered on my alt account: suplex 404. My main account is what I tested with. Just putting this here in case the replays have different names.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1028804464
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1028798868
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1028669567
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1028662718

Final Thoughts

I know 4 Focus Sashes is a bit much, but most people I played didn't get a chance to set up any hazards nor did they expect that many sashes.
Most everyone was worried about getting webs off their side of the field and it allowed me to set up.
Feel free to change the nicknames. I named the mons after Ghost in the Shell characters.
Thank you!

Importable

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)