ORAS Doubles OU Calling all Heroes (peaked #1!)

(btw i made the art too, hmu if you want art for your thread or whatever.)
All right so this is my 100th post, and I thought I would do a RMT because I haven't actually posted one yet. Holy cow though, 100 posts? That's a fucking shitload of posts, right? Like I bet there isn't even one single person on this website that has 100 posts yet. I know what you’re all thinking: "Hashtag, you should get a life bro, I can't imagine having enough time to possibly make that many posts on anything ever." yes, yes, you are right. That is truly one metric shitload of posts, but there isn't any forum where I would have rather posted them, (partially because they wouldn't tolerate my obsession with Pokémon.) Anyways, I always like to imagine that at least fifty of these 100 whole fucking posts aren't complete garbage.

So this is a team I made a couple weeks ago during doubles premier league. And I don’t think I’ve used it in any tour games, but I have used it against some really good players, and I think it works pretty well. Actually it’s my favorite team, and I think I’m qualified to say that it works more than “pretty well.” It fucking works and is a good team. Deal with it. I peaked number one on the ladder with this team, so that has to count for something. Without further ado, let’s get into the actual team, but fair warning, the nicknames are all silly superhero names, you can feel free to change them.

Supermom (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Kangaskhan is the best mega, and this is the best set. Wow Hashtag, you must be really really smart, I never would have considered putting the best mega on a team! I promise I will justify it, just stick with me. Moving on…

Invisiblur (Cresselia) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 12 Def / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Icy Wind
- Safeguard
- Lunar Dance

All right here’s the real reason I made this team. This is such a fucking cool set, and it’s my pride and joy, but it has to be on the same team as kangaskhan, as it gets around all kanga’s checks. It prevents status from the whole goddamn team with safeguard. Icy wind slows down “kanga checks” such as musketeers so that kanga can kill them, and psychic is also useful for when you actually have to damage something. It doesn’t hit that hard if it isn’t super-effective, but it is helpful for ensuring other mons will get KOs on bulkier mons like Amoonguss and Rotom. Lunar dance is amazing holy shit. It can let you have two kangaskhan sweeps in one game, or allow thundurus to paralyze more stuff. I use lunar dance almost every game, and I promise you that if you ever use this set, you will feel like a based god every single time. What a fucking team player. I’m using a rocky helmet because defensive items are redundant with Lunar dance, and offensive items don’t do shit. If there was a psychic gem I would have that. The EVs on this girl let her survive a LO bisharp Knock off, (and if it’s a sash bisharp, you break it hehehe.) I’m outspeeding jolly breloom because aint nobody goin to sleep while I’m in charge. The rest just went into special attack no big deal.

Scooter (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Next I wanted more support in getting up safeguard, as well as something with good offensive presence and the ability to take out tranner. Even though I honestly hate using quick guard, Keldeo looked cool because I don’t have to worry about intimidate and lando-t so much since I was planning to use him early-game. It’s the standard set with stab moves and a Life Orb number in the HP (one less than divisible by ten.) I can actually say that I don’t hate quick guard as much anymore after seeing it put in some work on this team, which I guess is good.

Sparktron (Thundurus) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 232 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

One last mon that helps safeguard go up, and this guy also puts in a lot of work. As user haruno says, “A paralyzed mon is a dead mon.” Well my friends, he is correct. This thing helps my team get around so many threats by either paralyzing them, or just taking them out with great boltbeam coverage. I always used to use the smogdex set, until Victorious B.I.G. set me straight. This set has the special defense EVs moved into special attack. the special defense investment was just the excess EVs anyways, so there is no reason not to put them into special attack anyways so you can hit stuff harder.

Turbo Cat (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

The last two mons I put largely to round out the team’s offensive coverage and defensive synergy. This guy is pretty straightforward. He hits shit fast, pivots with u-turn, and spreads intimidate. Many people like to run HP and/or defense EVs to help maximize efficiency, but every time I run that I end up regretting missing the speed, so I just like to be speedy.

theMagman (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Protect

Subtran is really just a great mon. This guy is a huge help to my defensive synergy. He helps me switch into all kinds of types that I would have lots of touble with otherwise, like ice, fairy, and flying. The only reason I don’t like running heatran is that often, his biggest job is to take out the opponent’s heatran, but with Thundurus and Cresselia to slow them down, Heatran doesn’t have such a hard time doing that. I run the fast one because I go hard in the motherfucking paint at speed creep. Also I need it to outspeed an icy winded Diancie, which is a huge win condition for me. The rest goes in bulk because that’s what you do.

Wow writing RMTs is so much more fun and easy than writing shit for school. I should do this again some time. Maybe I’ll do another RMT for my writing seminar final project. Do you think the professor would be okay with that? Anyways I’m gonna do some shoutouts finally style because sometimes people do that, and doubles is full of cool people that deserve to be shouted at! Also it lets me force people to view my thread. (hehe bwoii)

Roxer for being a good doubles buddy and building shit with me all the time. For always making sure I have swagger teams to test my teams on :3.
thebagman for his IRL advice, for always encouraging me to go hang out with real people, and for always being there for me if I got problems. Ily bagman.
SocialSocialSocial for being the bae. For being real and up front about shit. For always being ready to battle. For the fun skype calls \o/
Stratos for encouraging me to not be a shitter. I want you to know that I appreciate it; I need someone to tell me when I’m being dumb sometimes lol. You are also a great and funny dude, and an amazing tier leader.
Victorious B.I.G. for always being a homie. You have probably helped me improve as a battler more than anyone else. This man is 2 good at this game. Also at rapping holy shit.
SpaceBass for informing us that widdly is shit. for hanging out with me in the doubles room literally all the time. I love discussing shit with you, you are a cool guy who isn’t afraid to have unpopular opinions, and I respect that.
DyslexicSoul for being my roommate. For being a chill dude and not even hating me no matter how salty I get at smash bros. For watching anime with me :3
13ulbasaur for being the nicest person in the tier. For being a princess. :B
KyleCole for always being cool to hang out with and talk to. For teaching me how to lift weights ! For all the sets that I have stolen. For being such a big asset on the Ancients. I heard clicking on Kyle’s ads helps reduce the chance of heart disease.
Haruno for keeping me humble. <3 I love it when you tell people that you disagree with them. It is so factual.
qsns for the sarcasm which has brightened my day on so many occasions. For understanding when I bitch about hax.
Memoric for being online when no one else is so I don’t get lonely. For using innovative sets and inspiring me to try to do the same.
qwerts for being my anime waifu. For making me laugh o3o
@u ...how do i tag this guy? for restoring order to my home the doubles room when people start going crazy. ;_; for sharing all my opinions on teambuilding.
Pikov for the smart humor. You’re a great guy to have around, you never fail to entertain.
Shaian for being a great friend to me ever since I joined doubles. For sitting around and bullshitting with me. For making the chat get weird in the most funny and perfect way. For all the music recommendations. For all these chips. Thank you for being my friend Shaian, I wouldn’t be the same guy I am today if it weren’t for you.
And finally, that one guy. I’ll never forget the day you and kyle caught me on the ladder, and told me to come into the doubles room. I am so glad I did; If that didn’t happen, I probably wouldn’t even play doubles anymore. I am glad to have such a great and supportive buddy as you, I am so glad you got drafted for SPL. You deserve it man.
Shoutout to you, doubles player who I didn’t specifically tag. Just because I didn’t tag you doesn’t mean I don’t like you or you aren’t important. Thanks for being a part of this community. It’s a pretty legit community tbch.

Supermom (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Invisiblur (Cresselia) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 12 Def / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Icy Wind
- Safeguard
- Lunar Dance

Scooter (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Sparktron (Thundurus) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 232 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Turbo Cat (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

theMagman (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Protect

Last edited:
FINALLY A DECENT RMT FOR FUCKS SAKE.
I'll rate later since you always did me favors in helping me test, rn im going out.
EDIT1: <3
EDIT2: Try Helpíng Hand on Cresselia instead of Safeguard, besides that team looks pretty solid, only one big weakness comes to mind which is Rotom-W, but that is so predictable it's easy to play around.

Last edited:
hey dude i mainly play vgc so i dont know if any of this applies to your meta at all

however, jellicent + ttar or terrakion (something to bop thundy) basically fucks your whole team l o l

idk if it's common in dubs but its a good meta call atm in vgc to basically wall kang / terrak / landog / cune / sylveon / metagross-m

you got a 1/16 chance to 2hko a "common" (read: vgc common) sitrus set with thundy man but otherwise it completely fucks u

overall bulky waters are kinda hard matchups for your team but you can most likely whittle then down with kang spam.

rip in pce but solid team with good synergy

hey dude i mainly play vgc so i dont know if any of this applies to your meta at all
however, jellicent + ttar or terrakion (something to bop thundy) basically fucks your whole team l o l
idk if it's common in dubs but its a good meta call atm in vgc to basically wall kang / terrak / landog / cune / sylveon / metagross-m
you got a 1/16 chance to 2hko a "common" (read: vgc common) sitrus set with thundy man but otherwise it completely fucks u
overall bulky waters are kinda hard matchups for your team but you can most likely whittle then down with kang spam.
rip in pce but solid team with good synergy
Hey Tylee thanks for the rate!
I'm not going to worry so much about the rock types as i have lots of ways to beat them, (speed control is often necessary if it is terrakion.) and i think you mostly included them to imply thundurus would be knocked out early.

you are right that jellicent has the ability to screw me over entirely once i lose my thundurus, because it takes 0 from keldeo, doesnt care what cress does, and can choose whether kanga gets to hit it. Kanga+heatran doesnt do terribly because he has to scald or i sub up, but that is very situational, and isn't something that i can rely on.

Honestly i just haven't seen a jellicent at all during testing, (its uncommon,) but its a very good mon especially on semiroom.

I remember a post a little while ago in the doubles subforum where stratos said that you could run a scarf landorus-t set without u-turn. this is because it is often better to hard switch out anyways, (although u-turn obviously has a lot of merits.) i think i am going to try out a version of this team with knock off on landorus instead of u-turn to remedy this problem, and i'm going to test it later today.

EDIT2: Try Helpíng Hand on Cresselia instead of Safeguard, besides that team looks pretty solid, only one big weakness comes to mind which is Rotom-W, but that is so predictable it's easy to play around.
oh wow sorry roxer i didn't see the edit.

Helping hand will definitely work if you want to use this team. Make sure if you do this you take the speed out of cresselia in favor of more bulk, and run safety goggles because otherwise you have nothing for sleep. For me though, i'm going to keep safeguard, as it is one of the special things that makes this team different, and i am very happy with how it works. there have been so many turns where someone tried to status me, but i set up safeguard the same turn, so i was safe.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I wanna have a copy of the superhero cresselia just on its own, it just makes me laugh.

cool looking team, don't play the meta really but it looks solid on paper. nice team fren ;]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)