Research Calculating Trainer SID for 4th Generation Cute Charm glitch

I have read this article http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/deducing_secret_id#credits about calculating your SID and I have a couple questions about it.
1. The X-Act's IV to PID applet asks for the 6 IVs of the pokemon, the nature, and the "ID". I assume this is the trainer ID that can be found in the pokemon's summary. If this is the case, why didn't they provide a trainer ID for the example Fearow in the article?

2. It seems to me like there is one SID per game cartridge. It is not specifically stated whether the SID changes when you start a new game. The reason I am wondering is because I have 2 shiny pokemon which I caught on the same soul silver cartridge, but on different save files, and in using the methods given in the above mentioned article I calculated 2 different SID values:
GOLDUCK
0100101101111010 CONVERT FIRST 4 PID DIGITS TO BINARY
1011101100010100 CONVERT SECOND 4 PID DIGITS TO BINARY
0010110001001010 CONVERT DECIMAL TRAINER ID TO BINARY
1101110000100100 DEDUCED SID (ADD 0s IN FRONT OF EACH ABOVE ROW OF BINARY UNTIL 16 DIGITS)

SID (CONVERT BINARY DEDUCED SID TO DECIMAL) 56356

GOLEM
0001000100100110 CONVERT FIRST 4 PID DIGITS TO BINARY
1111010001111100 CONVERT SECOND 4 PID DIGITS TO BINARY
1101000000100000 CONVERT DECIMAL TRAINER ID TO BINARY
0011010101111010 DEDUCED SID (ADD 0s IN FRONT OF EACH ABOVE ROW OF BINARY UNTIL 16 DIGITS)

SID (CONVERT BINARY DEDUCED SID TO DECIMAL) 13690

I have attached screenshots of the calculations below. It should also be noted that I did all these calculations after transferring these two pokemon from soul silver up to sun/moon (yes, I remembered to use the (X/Y) golem due to the stat buff in gen 6). I don't see how this would affect it though because the trainer ID and their IVs stayed the same as they were in the game they were captured.

My whole point is that I don't know which (or if either of these) SID(s) is (are) valid, so I cannot proceed with the process of making the cute charm glitch work. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this, I tried to do as much research as I could on my own but now there are nothing but road blocks.

Attachments

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's too late for me to get into too much detail but I do want to clarify one thing because it looks like you've started off on the wrong foot. The SID is not unique per cartridge. It is generated at the same time as the TID. ID abuse has been a thing since about 2010 if memory serves, and I have abused for ID in multiple HG/SS and Platinum saves. RNGReporter has had ID abuse (Pandora's Box) implemented since at the latest 2011. I apologize because this doesn't really answer your question lol, but I just wanted to get that idea out of your head before you go down a rabbit hole. I hope that demystifies things a little bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)