not to be pretentious but yall should really read this… C.H.A.T. (Come Here for All Talk)

The blackest pill in gaming is realizing that your favorite game of all time has probably been outplayed and outgrossed tens of times over by some anime titty mobile gacha slop you've never heard of unless it's mario or zelda or something
not even mario games are safe. my favorite game is a mario rpg, which, while selling really well for a mario rpg, is probably outsold by the games you are talking about. And frankly, i am fine with that. It does not matter what you think about a game, as long as it is bringing joy to people, it is doing its job as a game. for as much as i complain about ocarina of time being an overated piece of crap, the fact that so many people are willing to defend it means that they enjoyed their time playing it. and regardless of whether the quality of the game is good or bad, the fact that so many people enjoyed their time with it means it did a good job as a game. even if people enjoy things of low quality, the joy they experience validates the time spent. i am glad that people grew up with ocarina of time, even if i think it is garbage, because it did make people happy.

The blackest pill in gaming is realizing that your favorite game of all time has probably been outplayed and outgrossed tens of times over by some anime titty mobile gacha slop you've never heard of unless it's mario or zelda or something
Don't let it bother you. Other people will do what they will. As long as you have access to what you enjoy, that should be enough. If it's not, then you'll spend your whole life being pressed about other people's media consumption habits, which is truly a fate worse than death.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Don't let it bother you. Other people will do what they will. As long as you have access to what you enjoy, that should be enough. If it's not, then you'll spend your whole life being pressed about other people's media consumption habits, which is truly a fate worse than death.
Oh don't worry I'm not actually in crippling despair over this or anything lmao. Just a thought I wanted to put out there

>One of your favorite (relatively) niche historical figures is gonna be one of the main characters in a big upcoming videogame
>It's Ubishit

owari da
I will never forget the original Watch Dogs

Hyped up for years by Ubi, they were so cocky with this game that they wanted to have it directly compete with GTA V (until they found their marbles again and delayed it). It came out, looked average compared to looking god like in the original trailers, was completely bland despite the interesting concept and worst of all, was just AC with a different skin

Like when I heard from people that it was like AC, I thought they were tripping because of how different the setting and premise is. But then I played it and that was the wildest realization I made in gaming to this day

Ever since then, I, like many others, only see big Ubi games as AC with another skin. Their ability to have studios all over the world, thousands of different people who work on these games and to have them all be the blandest gray mass of the same shit over and over again is wild. Not even McDonald's can make the Big Mac taste the same everywhere, Ubi somehow manages to make the exact same shit every single time without fail

if the site is blocked, i got nothing for you. if the wifi just prevents you from conecting, go on a different wifi. thats how i got past it. however, i would recomend not doing this, because it will likely cause your school to ban this webste too.
it just prevents me from connecting but going on a different wifi doesn't seem to help, as I can't do it on my home wifi nor on a phone hotspot (I just checked). I doubt me playing showdown would get it banned though, I'm pretty sure I am the only person in my school to even know that it exists and they certainly aren't routinely checking my browsing history or anything

Is anyone going to talk about how, in the first episode they were introduced, team rocket (jessie and james specifically) was legitimately threatening, and how ever since meeting ash they have gotten exponentially worse at their job, with only a brief resurgence in competency in the bw era

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
View attachment 632740
- Start out very successful, so much so that you're put on a pedestal with critically acclaimed and extremely popular contemporaries before you even finish airing season 1
- Accumulate a fan base and find majorly positive reception by virtually everyone
- Make good money with merch
- Stable, quick production
- Network is ecstatic, renews your show for enough seasons to write a fully realized story
- Smooth sailing production for season 2
- Season 2 airs, even bigger commercial and critical success
- Develop your story and characters from good to amazing
- Reach a commercial, critical and artistic peak in the story arc you finish season 2 and start season 3 with
- Leave out enough open threads from this arc to write a compelling second half to your show
- fuck up literally everything from here
- bastardize your characters, making them go from relatable to genuinely hateable
- establish massive plot holes and questionable character and story arcs
- completely fumble the originally interesting main conflict
- completely fumble the fun premise
- never reconnect the open plot threads from season 2/3
- have most of your remaining show be either weird filler or annoying storylines
- years later, everyone only remembers your show for the awful ending

Is there a bigger fumble?
Late on this convo but this is actually so crazy. At least with Game of Thrones people still afford that show the "It used to be good when it stuck to the books" courtesy. The way people talk about Star Vs these days you would think it was right down there with Teen Titans Go as one of the most despised cartoons of its era from day 1 if you didn't know any better.

The best part is that apparently when it all first went down the fanbase was so furious that they were convinced some sort of executive meddling was to blame until it came out that nope, this was the ending the creator wanted all along. This was their unadulterated creative vision. If I'm right on that then I think it's a story a lot of people need to be told right now. There's been a sharp overcorrection to a "bad entertainment products are almost always the bean counters' fault and if they just got their nose out of things they would've turned out good" mentality when sometimes artists just... have bad ideas, or aren't the creators they used to be. I think this is a lesson that is too existentially horrifying to a lot of aspiring writers/musicians/illustrators/animators etc so it's more comforting to blame the faceless executives even when it may not necessarily be their fault, at least not entirely.

GoT and Star Vs finished on the same evening, May 19th 2019
also lmfao. This is the dark side parallel of my aforementioned "dbs broly and spiderverse came out the same day" trivia

Last edited:
The best part is that apparently when it all first went down the fanbase was so furious that they were convinced some sort of executive meddling was to blame until it came out that nope, this was the ending the creator wanted all along. This was their unadulterated creative vision. If I'm right on that then I think it's a story a lot of people need to be told right now. There's been a sharp overcorrection to a "bad entertainment products are almost always the bean counters' fault and if they just got their nose out of things they would've turned out good" mentality when sometimes artists just... have bad ideas, or aren't the creators they used to be. I think this is a lesson that is too existentially horrifying to a lot of aspiring writers/musicians/illustrators/animators etc so it's more comforting to blame the faceless executives even when it may not necessarily be their fault, at least not entirely.
I always try to keep this in mind when I do something creative. I show my work in process to people I know, people who are quite different from one another and try to reflect upon my work with the feedback I receive. I read through my narrative and artistic choices and question whether this makes sense, what my intention was here, what influenced me to write this...

Self-reflection is such a massively important skill for anyone in the creative business. Without it, you'll end up creating something bad in some way

What I consider so wild about Star vs. is that, they really were handled everything on a silver platter. Every other creator would've killed for the situation they were put in from day one. No network meddling, financial success, smooth production. Imagine if Dana Terrace or Owen Denis were given all of that, they would've elevated their creations to much, much further heights. Daron Nefcy meanwhile fucked it all up. She's like a trust fund baby that ended up homeless after inheriting their parents wealth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)