ORAS NU butter cups lil bruisers

should I make more RMT's with underated or lesser pokemon, or should I make a more viable NU team

• nu team cuz this rmt was totes noobzors

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • cool underused pu stuff thats totes legit and innovative

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Hey guys its ya boi XxzxXsnugglesXxzxX here with my first ever rmt featuring the god himself, BUTTERCUP. I'm in this bad agilipass addiction at the moment so i was looking for a good psychic type with agility baton pass, it was then in that moment i saw the majestic wonderful giraf of dreams. It is painfully obvious that im talking about girafarig, but my friends not only does this thing get agilipass but the monster gets nasty plot AND sap sipper for mixed passing. Along with this girafarig is a couple of old favorites like fearow and weezing who both put in work for me every team i put them on. Bastiodon is my rock setter and phaser with seismetoad as my main baton pass reciver. I also threw in hariyama since camerupt and because priority is always nice. The team has the 2 walls 2 fast sweepers 1 bulky attacker 1 utility structure which is pretty standard, along with 3 physical attackers and 3 special attackers. I have only tested this team slightly but for the most part they seem to work well together but grass types are a consistent problem aswell as xatu.

203.png

butter cup (Girafarig) @ Starf Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
I already covered this monster of a baton passer but some things can be mentioned about it still. in a pangoro filled meta this thing has no chance of being a sweeper so it usualy just agilities or straight baton passes if that thing is around, but none the less i prefer getting an agility off first in most cases. In RU i have been able to set up and clean teams with this same set but dont count on consistant sweeps. With sap sipper as an ability and nasty plot girafarig can pass to both physical and special attackers and a starf berry added in for no real reason but i think its a fun item. I also dont like using items on multiple pokemon so for you people suggesting leftovers you are totaly justified. all around its a pretty good fast baton passer with some decent bulk which gives us our utility pokemon. P.S. another option for this guy is to use psyshock which makes it more physical attackerish which frees up a spot for more special attackers

110.png

rotten cherry (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Weezing as our physical wall and our second special attacker of the team. not much to explain honestly, Weezing is pretty milktoast but i switched fire blast for flamethrower in the event that weezing might get a nasty pass (sidenote: cm weezing would be so bombdiggety). Being a weezing though it does only have one weakness and some great resists that couple it well with many other pokemon. Running the standard sludge bomb wil o and pain spit for moves just to boost its bulk and survival abilities. All around its a solid pokemon who doesnt need much support.

bastiondon.jpg

brace face (Bastiodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Metal Burst
- Rock Blast

Once again nothing to special, its just a wall literally. But i cant rob bastiodon of its merits as an amazing metal burst-er phaser and last but not least rock setter. I would say its an amazing wall but fighting ground and water are common attacking types, but still i needed a rock setter and a good phaser. Rock blast is there because taunt bait and why not try and get a few hits off on an incoming xatu? Once again a pretty standard pokemon representing pu and giving us our special wall. Totaly forgot to mention how well it pairs with weezing because of type match ups, but a mold breaker eq DESTROYS this dynamic duo.

(trying to load this sprite cause my computor to keep crashing so instead i will just post a smiley face)
:D
montsegur (Seismitoad) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

As the best mod, rock setter, wall, and support pokemon in nu, i thought the perfect pass receiver for this team would be none other than seismitoad. Now lets be real here for a second, with 85/74 for offensive presence this doesnt seem like the most viable sweeper i could have picked, but pair that with a life orb and a +2 speed or attack and you got a hell of a pokemon, and just a sidenote, if you thought a post named buttercups bruisers would be about super viable pokemon... im not even gonna finish that. Back to seismitoad, he is a good water absorb pokemon to complement bastiodon and he adds the ever so potent grass weakness for giraf to abuse, he also compliments weezings coverage very well and is overall a well rounded pokemon. hydro pump and earth power for strong stab, sludge wave for grass types and such, and hp grass for the sake of me not having grass coverage on this team. Pretty cool special attacker who is an absolute monster with a nasty plot under his belt. This gives us our third and final special attacker of the team.

297.png

slap you silly (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

As fire and knock off spam is everywhere these days, i thought hariyama would be good to stop such powerful special attackers. Covering well for girafarig and being a great priority user I couldn't think of anything else i would want in this slot. Hariyama is a pokemon who needs no explaining for experienced oras players. that being said lets go to our last pokemon. (sidenote: i wanted this to be my main agility pass receiver but it was mediocre, not a lost cause though in a desperate situation)

th.jpg

the fear (Fearow) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck
- Drill Run
- U-turn
- Return

what used to be scarfed zebstrika is now the most powerful flying type in all of route 2 pre mega pidgeot. but yeah zebstrika i love you but i needed a solid ground imunity and a 3rd grass resist cuz whynot. So this guy may not be the most powerful bird, or the bravest (cuz it doesnt get brave bird or super power like braviary GET IT HAHAHHA IM SO FUNNY) but it is a hax god who has gotten me through thick and thin. being like the 7th PU mon on this rmt i thought i would bring my fav PU scarfer along for this NU joyride. Fearow fits so well on this team with the other sweepers i have picked since they destroy electric rock and steel types, and even if they don't, crit sniper drill run will pick up their slack. Fearow getting U-Turn is pretty cool since some other flying pokemon cant get it not gonna name names (DODRIO). so yeah switch priority aswell as baton pass is always nice. Since THE FEAR is weak to rocks I only found it fit to put drill peck and return which are two nice non recoiling moves. all in all fearow is very good for the team since it has so much pwr and spd, well half that statement is true.

and in conclusion my team has a great weakness/resist map out http://www.marriland.com/tools/team-builder#855|949|1063|1437|1189|674| also mind the abilities not being included for the chart. I have been beaten many times by hyper offense due to my low speed and low attack average of my team but balancewise its a very powerful team. seismetoad is good to be kept till the end for some late game clearing since it has a life orb and it tends to take damage very easily and trust me without leftovers it builds up. Girafarig is also a great pokemon to have around since its good for status absorbing and switch priority, no heal bell or wish makes a pokemon sacrificial to status necesary imo so girafarig is your best choice with this team. I'm hoping this will bring forth a new explosion of giraf pass and fearows to the meta and im very glad you veiwed this rmt. see ya next time

butter cup (Girafarig) @ Starf Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Psychic

rotten cherry (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

brace face (Bastiodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Metal Burst
- Rock Blast

montsegur (Seismitoad) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

slap you silly (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

the fear (Fearow) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck
- Drill Run
- U-turn
- Return
heres the import cuz i dont know how to do the open close thing <<< super big smogon nub

Looks like an okay team
I'd sorta think of a possible different water type, and there are better nasty plot passers such as togetic, but overall, solid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)