Pet Mod Bust a Move (Playable on Dragon Heaven!) [See you in SV!]

Feedback time has come again! Here are my notes:

stinky potato: So- sleep is a very good effect; while most sleep moves are too inaccurate to be viable, they have that sucky accuracy because otherwise they'd be OP. Spore is 100%, but Spore is rare, exclusive to mons with under 80 speed and is completely blanked by a whole type. So your Sing being a 100% sleep move, AND having that additional effect on top of it is- no. Accuracy definitely needs to be nerfed, though I would be fine with the effect if it was nerfed to -1; would also appreciate clarification on what "works better" means (higher or lower defense stat?).

ChoiceScarfed
: Normally, I would be against type-changing moves- however, I feel this effect actually kind of works here given the flavor of this move. Sure, this borrows from Revelation Dance, but I don't mind that since we're not revising that move, so it's fine if one other move behaves in a similar (albeit not identical, good on you for that) way. No, my problem is actually with the first effect; in addition to being an odd fit flavor-wise, I don't like having a move that's just free 90 BP STAB that suits itself to one's dominant attacking stat; it's kind of too perfect a move, if you get me. It's mainly a future-proofing thing- given how many moves we have to buff, I don't want to potentially close off channels for a nice, basic physical move, or make it so I'd have to reject a later move for technically being a clone of one variant of this move. Type-change part is fine, but let's keep it special.

Regic Boat
: Your Synchronoise is- really strong. Sure, Psychic isn't the best offensive type, but this is a 180 BP move before STAB, intended specifically for Magic Guard mons, Alakazam in particular making it an issue. Also, Psychic does have a terrain that can potentially jack it up even more. My other issue with this sub, a stronger special Facade, is that we actually just added a special Facade last slate with the revised Fairy Wind. Now, it's likely that we will end up repeating a few effects over the course of this mod, but I'd prefer not doing it so soon after the first one, especially not one that's even stronger than the one we already did. You can still make it do something with status, but we don't need another special Facade.

Don't worry about me seeing your changes! If you alter your sub, I will see it before I post the final list of eligible candidates. All you guys got to do is make some adjustments, and you're good to go! On a broader note, I'd like to reiterate that we are not trying to make the most powerful moves in competitive history- our goal is simply to get a move seriously used on at least one Pokemon. Don't feel pressured to make your sub the next Close Combat; if a winning sub ends up underpowered, we can always revise it further later. Just do what you think would fit the idea of the move and it will get attention!
______​
For my own part, here are a few subs:
Move Name: Sing
Type
: Normal
BP: -
PP: 15 (max 24)
Accuracy: 55%-> 70%
Secondary Effect
: Puts the target to sleep. If the target is already afflicted by [non-sleep] status, replaces status with sleep if it lands.
New Users
: Mr. Rime, Toxtricity (both), Wailmer line
Viable Users: Persian, Primarina, Toxtricity
Description: With its soothing melodies, Sing makes the target forget their troubles and go to sleep; now, if the target is already statused, they cure themselves of it and take a refreshing nap. Sleep itself is pretty good, and with certain mons it can pair with status spreading, allowing you to get a better status if the target doesn't mind their current one, such as burn on a special attacker, and provide potential set-up opportunities. That said, 70% is still not great accuracy, and in certain scenarios sleep might be preferable for the target, but sleep will always be useful in some capacity.

Move Name: Synchronoise
Type
: Psychic
BP: 120-> 110
PP
: 10-> 5 (max 8)
Accuracy
: 100%-> 90%
Secondary Effect
: If user is paralyzed/poisoned/burned, that status is also given to the target.
New Users
: Mew
Viable Users: Mew, Sylveon
Description: Synchronoise now gives Psychics a strong STAB attack to throw around (albeit with low PP), and if they are statused can spread that status to benefit their team or weaken checks (because Synchronize). Sylveon gains stronger Psychic coverage for poison types, while new recipient Mew can potentially use it in tandem with Synchronize to status as many opponents as possible, letting it get better use out of a normally incidental ability.

_________​

As usual, you have 24 more hours to fix your submissions or submit for this slate if you have not already done so.

Last edited:
Move: Sing
Type: Normal
BP: --
Status
Acc: --
PP: 10
Secondary Effect: The user sings a lovely melody, sharply raising the users SPA stat but lowering its defense.
New Users: Noivern
Viable Users: Gardivior, Primarina, Noivern
Description: A strong move that can easily allow a Pokemon to set up easily but take hits less well. Good synergy with White Herb and/or faster pokemon.

Move: Synchronoise
Type: Psychic
BP: 90
Special
Acc: 100
PP: 5
Secondary Effect: If the user is the same type as the opposing Pokemon, then this move changes to the type that is super effective against that Pokemon. If it is not the same type, the move fails.
New Users: Hatterene, Slowpoke line (Kanto+Galar), Clefable
Viable Users: Slowpoke/Slowking, Clefable
Description: Interesting move that can allow you to hit a lot of the more common mons in the meta, like Fairy, Water, and Psychic types.

Move: Sparkling Aria
Type: Water
BP: 95
Special
Acc: 95
Secondary Effect: If the target has a status condition, it is healed, but the user gets ⅓ of their maximum health back
New Users: Vaporeon, Milotic, Azumarill
Viable Users: Vaporeon, Milotic, Lapras, Primarina
Description: Works well with Toxic Spikes and other status spreaders, acting as free recovery and damage to the opposing mon but removing their status.

Type:

BP: 95,

PP: 10 (Max. 16)
Accuracy: 85%
Secondary Effect: If the user shares a type with the target, this move is super effective regardless of resistances. Does not bypass Dark immunity to psychic.
New Users:

Viable Users:

Description: Actually does what I think the move was originally designed to do: allow for certain pokemon to get past checks that share a type with them. The shaky accuracy and low power increase from Psychic means it shouldn’t replace it imo. A fun interaction is with Liquid Voice, which makes Primarina able to have a water stab that punishes bulky waters.

And with that submissions for this slate are closed. Given some details that kept popping up on these subs, I first wanted to say this for future reference: if a move belongs to a certain category, its revised version will still belong to that category unless otherwise specified. For instance, all subs for Sing and Sparkling Aria will be counted as Sound since none of them take away that category (Synchronoise is weirdly not counted as a sound move). Here are your eligible candidates:
Sing
BP: N/A
PP: 15 (max 20)
Accuracy: 70%
Secondary Effect: If opponent not asleep: puts the opponent to sleep. If opponent is asleep: acts like metal sound or screech [-2]; whichever works better on the opponent (if the opponent has heigher defense or spdef).
New users: :Dugtrio-Alola: (as a reference to the anime), :Toxtricity:, :Noivern:.
Viable users: :Blissey:, :Chansey:, :Clefable:, :Umbreon:.
Description: Gives a useful tool to teammates as well as -well just putting them to sleep. Stealth rocks has great synergy with sing due to either a free set up/ nerf to the opponent or a switch in which means more rocks damage.

After some further consideration, I've decided to allow this sub even though the stage change was not nerfed. This is because this Sing still has lower accuracy than either -2 defense move and since a mon might not be able to exploit this effect directly depending on the opponent. As such, I deem this sub not OP.
Sing
PP: 15 (max 20)
Accuracy: 55 -> 50%
Secondary Effect: Puts the opponent to sleep. Whether or not it hits, raises the user's Special Defense one stage.
New users: :Toxtricity:, :Noivern:, :Salazzle:, :Oricorio:, :Lilligant:, :Seismitoad:, :Xatu:
Viable users: :Blissey:, :Chansey:, :Clefable:, :Umbreon:.
Description: Now can use to beef up bulk and set up while fishing for sleep and even still be usable while your opponent has a sleeping pokemon.

Status
BP: ---
Acc: 60
PP: 10 (max 16)
Secondary Effect: Puts the target to sleep. User heals itself by 1/4 of its max hp if the move lands. Sound Move.
New Users: :wailord::wailmer:
Viable Users: :chansey::blissey::swalot::eldegoss::empoleon::wailord:
Description: Is this balanced. I doubt it.

Move Name: Sing
Type
: Normal
PP: 15 (max 24)
Accuracy: 55%-> 70%
Secondary Effect
: Puts the target to sleep. If the target is already afflicted by [non-sleep] status, replaces status with sleep if it lands.
New Users
: Mr. Rime, Toxtricity (both), Wailmer line
Viable Users: Persian, Primarina, Toxtricity
Description: With its soothing melodies, Sing makes the target forget their troubles and go to sleep; now, if the target is already statused, they cure themselves of it and take a refreshing nap. Sleep itself is pretty good, and with certain mons it can pair with status spreading, allowing you to get a better status if the target doesn't mind their current one, such as burn on a special attacker, and provide potential set-up opportunities. That said, 70% is still not great accuracy, and in certain scenarios sleep might be preferable for the target, but sleep will always be useful in some capacity.

Status
Acc: --
Secondary Effect: The user sings a lovely melody, sharply raising the users SPA stat but lowering its defense.
New Users: Noivern
Viable Users: Gardivior, Primarina, Noivern
Description: A strong move that can easily allow a Pokemon to set up easily but take hits less well. Good synergy with White Herb and/or faster pokemon.

Synchonoise
BP: 120 ->140
PP: 10 (Max 16)
Accuracy:100 -> 90%
Secondary Effect: If the opponent has a move with the same type as one of its users, the move does not fail. Fails every other time.
New Users: :Hatterene:, :Slowbro: :Slowking: + :Slowbro-Galar: :Slowking-Galar:, :Claydol:
Viable Users: :Claydol:, :Hatterene:, :Slowking-Galar:.
Description: Now as a less restrictive boundary, synchronoise can really shine with common coverage types like with psychic and ground.

Synchonoise
BP: 120 -> 70
Accuracy: 100%
Secondary Effect: If the opponent shares at least one type with the user, doubles in power.
New Users: :Hatterene:, :Slowbro:, :Slowking:, :Slowbro-Galar:, :Slowking-Galar:, :Toxtricity:, :Indeedee:, :Bronzong:, :Noivern:, :Oricorio:, :Meloetta:, :Porygon-Z:, :Marowak-Alola:, :Wishiwashi:, :Calyrex:, :Urshifu:, :Hitmontop:, :Zacian:, :Zamazenta:, :Dragapult:, :Kangaskhan:, :Falinks:, :Seismitoad:, :Mr. Mime:, :Mr. Rime:, :Orbeetle:, :Lilligant:, :Bellossom:, :Meowstic:, :Xatu:, :Poliwrath:, :Politoed:, :Medicham:
Viable Users: :Hatterene:, :Slowking-Galar:.,
Description: Now it doesn't fail but merely weakens if the user is the wrong type, while it is even stronger if they share a type (which will help with psychic resisting itself too). This makes it much more spammable.

Move: Synchonoise
Special
BP: 55
Secondary Effect: User gives all stat changes and status conditions to the target
New Users: :clefable::clefairy:
Viable Users: :clefable::flareon::sigilyph:
Description: Overheat Toxic Orb Guts Flareon? Toxic Orb Clefable & Sigilyph? Heck yeah!

Type
: Psychic
BP: 120-> 110
PP
: 10-> 5 (max 8)
Accuracy
: 100%-> 90%
Secondary Effect
: If user is paralyzed/poisoned/burned, that status is also given to the target.
New Users
: Mew
Viable Users: Mew, Sylveon
Description: Synchronoise now gives Psychics a strong STAB attack to throw around (albeit with low PP), and if they are statused can spread that status to benefit their team or weaken checks (because Synchronize). Sylveon gains stronger Psychic coverage for poison types, while new recipient Mew can potentially use it in tandem with Synchronize to status as many opponents as possible, letting it get better use out of a normally incidental ability.

Move: Synchronoise
BP: 90
Special
PP: 5
Secondary Effect: If the user is the same type as the opposing Pokemon, then this move changes to the type that is super effective against that Pokemon. If it is not the same type, the move fails.
New Users: Hatterene, Slowpoke line (Kanto+Galar), Clefable
Viable Users: Slowpoke/Slowking, Clefable
Description: Interesting move that can allow you to hit a lot of the more common mons in the meta, like Fairy, Water, and Psychic types.

Type:

Secondary Effect
: If the user shares a type with the target, this move is super effective regardless of resistances. Does not bypass Dark immunity to psychic.
New Users:

Viable Users:

Description: Actually does what I think the move was originally designed to do: allow for certain pokemon to get past checks that share a type with them. The shaky accuracy and low power increase from Psychic means it shouldn’t replace it imo. A fun interaction is with Liquid Voice, which makes Primarina able to have a water stab that punishes bulky waters.

Sparkling Aria
BP: 90 -> 95
Accuracy: 100 -> 90%
Secondary Effect: user uses Heal Bell right after using this move. (dos not bypass soundproof)
New Users: :Tapu-Fini:, :milotic: :suicune:
Viable Users: :tapu-fini:, :suicune:
Description: Now is a WAY better move, with (altho slight) higher BP, and less accuracy to balance it out, its now a more viable option than ever hyper voice on Primarina. it also benefits its new users (namely fini and suicune, i dont really see it having much use on Milotic.) alot.

Sparkling Aria
BP: 90 ->70
Accuracy:100%
Secondary Effect: If either the user or the opponent is statused, cures the status of both and doubles in power.
New Users: :Milotic:, :Seismitoad:, :Comfey:, :Audino:, :Indeedee:, :Chatot:, :Chimecho:, :Bronzong:, :Noivern:, :Oricorio:, :Ludicolo:, :Meloetta:, :Exploud:, ::Toxtricity:, :Manaphy:
Viable Users: :Manaphy:
Description: Now acts as something in between status curing and Hex.

Special
BP: 80
Secondary Effect: Cures the user's entire party of burns. Sound Move.
New Users: :milotic::phione::seismitoad::palpitoad::tympole:
Viable Users: :primarina::phione::milotic:
Description: A unique support option

Special
BP: 90 -> 80
Acc: 100%
PP: 5 (max 8)
Added Effect; Restores the HP of the user and ally by 1/4

New Users: :milotic: :slowbro: :slowking: :manaphy: :alomomola: :lumineon:

Viable Users: :milotic: :lapras: :primarina: :slowbro: :slowking: :alomomola: :manaphy:

Description: I think it would be nice for this move to have a better spotlight in doubles, even in singles too. So i decided to add the effects of life dew to it, by the cost of lowering the BP and the PP

BP: 95
Special
Secondary Effect: If the target has a status condition, it is healed, but the user gets ⅓ of their maximum health back
New Users: Vaporeon, Milotic, Azumarill
Viable Users: Vaporeon, Milotic, Lapras, Primarina
Description: Works well with Toxic Spikes and other status spreaders, acting as free recovery and damage to the opposing mon but removing their status.

Voters will have until 0:00 GMT on Sunday, May 30th, or 72 hours from now, to vote for their favorite subs. As always, vote in order of which subs you prefer, with your favorite being listed first; your own sub may be ranked as high as second. You may vote for up to five submissions for any one move. Be sure to get your votes in by then!
_______​
With the results of our poll in, for Slate 6 we will be looking at the moves Soak, Trick-or-Treat and Forest's Curse! (suggested by PalpitoadChamp) Feel free to use the voting period to brainstorm ideas for these 3 moves. You can post them as soon as the current round of voting ends. With all that said, let voting begin!

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Time to vote :], I don't really have enough time to make a sample set but I'll just say this slate had quite a few awesome subs, and I'm so excited to play them.

Sing: Palpitoadchamp, okispokis, Sereg
Synchronoise: Gyltia, Okispokis, Sereg
Sparkling Aria: Eeveegirl, memes bita, Palpitoadchamp

Tally time! First place is worth 5 points, second is 4, etc. And without further ado, here are the results:

Singing a beautiful, soothing melody: PalpitoadChamp!
Status
Acc: 60
Secondary Effect: Puts the target to sleep. User heals itself by 1/4 of its max hp if the move lands. Sound Move.
New Users: :wailord::wailmer:
Viable Users: :chansey::blissey::swalot::eldegoss::empoleon::wailord:
Description: Is this balanced. I doubt it.
PalpitoadChamp: 31
okispokis: 30
Sereg: 10
stinky potato: 8
EeveeGirl1380: 8

Calling all the Pokemon up with Synchronoise: Gyltia!
Type:

Secondary Effect: If the user shares a type with the target, this move is super effective regardless of resistances. Does not bypass Dark immunity to psychic.
New Users:

Viable Users:

Gyltia: 29
Sereg: 22
okispokis: 19
PalpitoadChamp: 13
EeveeGirl1380: 8
stinky potato: 5

Captivating the audience with a Sparkling Aria: PalpitoadChamp!
Special
BP: 80
Secondary Effect: Cures the user's entire party of burns. Sound Move.
New Users: :milotic::phione::seismitoad::palpitoad::tympole:
Viable Users: :primarina::phione::milotic:
Description: A unique support option
PalpitoadChamp: 24
Regic Boat: 23
EeveeGirl1380: 23
Sereg: 18
memebitatxt.: 10

Congratulations to the winners, as well as all who participated! This slate was possibly our most competitive round of voting, with the tally for Sparkling Aria being particularly close. And now, onto the next slate:
1622326733477.png
1622326647114.png
1622326745243.png

Slate 6: Changes
Suggested by PalpitoadChamp. If there is any one thing that is the most fundamental part of Pokemon, it is the type-chart, as typing not only effects every interaction between Pokemon but is also a cornerstone of every creature design; but what if one could alter that attribute? Several moves have popped up over the years that play around with the type of both the user and the opponent, although those that effect the latter have been less than fruitful, such as the case with our three moves this slate: Soak, Trick-or-Treat and Forest's Curse. Trick-or-Treat and Forest's Curse, obvious counterparts to each other, each add one type to the opponent, however neither of their sole users typically have the space for them, plus Forest's Curse makes the target resist one of Trevenant's STAB. Soak, on the other hand, completely changes the user's type to pure Water; while is has seen some very niche usage in spreading Toxic to Poison and Steel types (something no longer unique to the move thanks to Corrosion), it has mostly floundered since pure Water is actually a good defensive typing and most users are Water type with few options to actually threaten pure Water. For specific notes:
  • If you decide to keep type-changing as part of the design for any of these moves, your version of type changing can only involve the type used by the original version of the move (so type changing with Soak can only involve Water).
________
The poll for next slate is now open, so go ahead and vote for which moves you want to see altered in Slate 7! You can vote for as many as you want, or stop by the BaM Discord if there's any other slates you want to suggest.
>>>Slate 7 Poll<<<
_________
Anyways, submitters will have until 0:00 GMT on Sunday, June 6th, or about one week from now, to post their submissions for the current slate. Make sure you read the general rules in the first post, but otherwise get out there and Bust a Move!

Last edited:

PalpitoadChamp

Chaos Chaos Chaos
is a Pre-Contributor
Move: Trick-or-Treat
Type: Ghost
Status
Secondary Effect: Causes the target to permanently become part ghost type even after switch out.
New Users: :gengar::banette::sableye:
Viable Users: :gourgeist::gengar::banette::sableye:
Description: Causes the pokemon to get weak to the pokemon's stabs.

Move: Forest's Curse
Type: Grass
Status
Acc: ---
Secondary Effect: Inflicts the target with Ingrain if they are grounded.
New Users: :abomasnow::exeggutor:
Viable Users: :trevenant::abomasnow::exeggutor:
Description: Traps the target but they get healing over time

Last edited:
Congratz to PalpitoadChamp for both of his wins!
Quick question: I assumed Synchronoise was sound-based (and even mentioned Liquid Voice in my sub), and only realised it wasn't when voting had already started. Is it possible to add “becomes sound-based” to my sub, or is that too late?

And with that out of the way:

Move Name: Soak
Type:

PP: 20 (Max 32)
Secondary Effect: +1 Priority. Changes the target’s type and the type of its attacking moves to Water. Doesn't bypass substitute.

New Users:

Viable Users:

Description: Soak becomes a great way to stop sweepers and check set-up users, especially with Vaporeon who becomes immune to all of the target’s moves and heals off them. Though a little bit passive, this would make a useful anti-offense tool.

Last edited:
Trick-Or-Treat
PP: same as focus punch
Effect: The user acts like focus punch (instead of the prompt saying that they are focusing say that they are snickering) but if the user gets hit, the user flinches (treat . If the user does NOT get hit it lowers the attack and special attack of the target by 2 (Trick). (If opponent hit disguise the moves still acts like a trick) (bypasses substitute)
New Users: :sableye::trevenant::alcremie: (cuz of the candy thing), :polteageist::dusknoir:/ :dusclops: :spiritomb: :mimikyu:
Viable users: :Sableye: :Alcremie: :Dusclops: :Mimikyu: :trevenant:.
Description: This move can be used as a way to bait mons in. If you have a mon in a bad spot or you know they are gonna switch, you can trick or treat. If the mon is gonna set up (volcarona go brr) or wants to use a non damag move, trick or treat. Even if the user is substituted, trick or treat. Overall a good versatile move that works well with hazards.

Forests Curse
PP: same as original
Accuracy: 90%
Effect: The user curses the opponents team, causing all non grass types to take damage (works the same as gmax vinelash where it does 1/16 of health but only if they are in the field but if you switch in another pokemon it will still hurt them) (changed to 1/8 with binding band) (bypasses substitut)
New Users: :shiinotic: :gengar: :decidueye: :gourgeist: :spiritomb: :chandelure:
Viable users: :gourgeist: :shiinotic: :spiritomb: :trevenant:.
Description: set up mons dont like being put in a timer, especially if they have life orb. Stall mons dont like it, especially if they get statused. Nothing likes being put on a timer and with hazards, infestation etc, they wont like it at all.

Last edited:
Quick round of feedback:

Gyltia: I think your idea for Soak is pretty inventive. However, I sort of realized something: given that this version seems to work on all moves, this potentially makes your Soak very abusable on Water Absorb mons (including Araquanid and Lanturn, who we can't take Soak away from). While the typing of status moves doesn't interact with the type of the target (barring TWave), the type is counted when interacting with abilities, such as Will-o-wisp triggering Flash Fire. And with +1 priority, this means that Water Absorbers with Soak could only by hurt by other Water immune Pokemon, Mold Breaker mons and stuff with Prankster Taunt. So, I am going to ask that you place some limitation on which moves are affected, such as it not affecting status moves or not affecting some group of attacking moves.

stinky potato: Minor thing- Forest's Curse needs to stay as a Grass type move. Otherwise good to go.
____​
Type
: Water
PP: 20 (max 32)
Secondary Effect: Causes the target to become a Water type and prevents them from raising their stats. Does not affect Arceus or Silvally.
New Users: Jellicent, Vaporeon
Viable Users: Pyukumuku, Vaporeon, Wishiwashi
Description: With this new Soak, the target becomes so Water logged that they are unable to set up, whether because they can't concentrate on anything else, can't move as freely thanks to the Water- you get the idea. Soak thus obtains new usefulness as an anti-sweeper tool, being useful on bulky mons and especially pairs well with Pyukumuku's Unaware. It can be undone by switching out, but as long as you stay in don't expect to get much work done towards the end game.

Might get around to the other moves later, but I wanted to at least ensure we had multiple options for Soak.
____​
Given how this slate seemed to be more difficult than usual, we're probably not doing any more all status slates. Still, anyone else who does have something for one of these moves has another 24 hours to submit their idea or alter their submission.

Alright, subs are closed. Here are the eligible submissions:
Type:

Secondary Effect: +1 Priority. Changes the target’s type and the type of its attacking moves to Water. Doesn't bypass substitute.
New Users:

Viable Users:

Description: Soak becomes a great way to stop sweepers and check set-up users, especially with Vaporeon who becomes immune to all of the target’s moves and heals off them. Though a little bit passive, this would make a useful anti-offense tool.

Type
: Water
PP: 20 (max 32)
Secondary Effect: Causes the target to become a Water type and prevents them from raising their stats. Does not affect Arceus or Silvally.
New Users: Jellicent, Vaporeon
Viable Users: Pyukumuku, Vaporeon, Wishiwashi
Description: With this new Soak, the target becomes so Water logged that they are unable to set up, whether because they can't concentrate on anything else, can't move as freely thanks to the Water- you get the idea. Soak thus obtains new usefulness as an anti-sweeper tool, being useful on bulky mons and especially pairs well with Pyukumuku's Unaware. It can be undone by switching out, but as long as you stay in don't expect to get much work done towards the end game.

Status
Secondary Effect: Causes the target to permanently become part ghost type even after switch out.

Trick-Or-Treat
PP: same as focus punch
Effect: The user acts like focus punch (instead of the prompt saying that they are focusing say that they are snickering) but if the user gets hit, the user flinches (treat . If the user does NOT get hit it lowers the attack and special attack of the target by 2 (Trick). (If opponent hit disguise the moves still acts like a trick) (bypasses substitute)
New Users: :sableye::trevenant::alcremie: (cuz of the candy thing), :polteageist::dusknoir:/ :dusclops: :spiritomb: :mimikyu:
Viable users: :Sableye: :Alcremie: :Dusclops: :Mimikyu: :trevenant:.
Description: This move can be used as a way to bait mons in. If you have a mon in a bad spot or you know they are gonna switch, you can trick or treat. If the mon is gonna set up (volcarona go brr) or wants to use a non damag move, trick or treat. Even if the user is substituted, trick or treat. Overall a good versatile move that works well with hazards.

Move: Forest's Curse
Status
Acc: ---
Secondary Effect: Inflicts the target with Ingrain if they are grounded.
New Users: :abomasnow::exeggutor:
Viable Users: :trevenant::abomasnow::exeggutor:
Description: Traps the target but they get healing over time

Forests Curse
Effect: The user curses the opponents team, causing all non grass types to take damage (works the same as gmax vinelash where it does 1/16 of health but only if they are in the field but if you switch in another pokemon it will still hurt them) (changed to 1/8 with binding band) (bypasses substitut)
New Users: :shiinotic: :gengar: :decidueye: :gourgeist: :spiritomb: :chandelure:
Description: set up mons dont like being put in a timer, especially if they have life orb. Stall mons dont like it, especially if they get statused. Nothing likes being put on a timer and with hazards, infestation etc, they wont like it at all.

Voters will have until 0:00 GMT on Wednesday, June 9th, or 72 hours from now, to vote for their favorite subs. As always, vote in order of which subs you prefer, with your favorite being listed first; for this slate, you can vote one of your own subs as first. Be sure to get your votes in by then!
______​
As decided by the poll, for slate number 7 we will be examining the moves Ice Ball, Octazooka and Seed Bomb. Hopefully these moves prove a bit easier to work with. Feel free to use the voting period to brainstorm ideas for these 3 moves. You can post them as soon as the current round of voting ends. With all that said, let voting begin!

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
I've been kind've away the past few slates, been focusing on other things namely the M4APL, but next slate I'm going to try subbing once more. I still really love this mod and its entire concept and love the work that's being done.

Soak: Gyltia, Okispokis
Trick-or-Treat: PalpitoadChamp, Stinky Potato
Forest's Curse: Stinky Potato, PalpitoadChamp

Tally time! Pretty straightforward this time, so here are our winners:

Soaking the competition with a torrential downpour: Gyltia!
Type:

New Users:

Viable Users:

Bringing that spooky spirit with Trick-or-Treat: PalpitoadChamp!
Status
Inflicting a terrifying Forest's Curse onto some foolish trespassers: stinky potato!
Forests Curse
Congratulations to all our winners! With that done, let us move on to our next slate:
1623194905628.png
1623194747225.png
1623194765449.png

Slate 7: Weapon of Choice
Get on your bulletproof vests, cause this slate we are looking at a trio of ballistic moves: Ice Ball, Octazooka and Seed Bomb. Ice Ball can be a pretty fun for sweeping (given it is capable of doing the second greatest amount of damage of any move) but it needing to charge in power and locking the user in means it isn't the most consistent option in practice. Octazooka is just too weak as far as Water moves go, unfortunate as it's an ex-signature move; even if you wanted accuracy dropping, Muddy Water is just a stronger version of Zooka (and even Muddy is unable to cut it in singles). Seed Bomb is a move that looks fine on paper, with decent BP- the issue is that basically every physical Grass type has access to a strictly superior STAB option, mainly because Bomb has no secondary effects unlike other generic decent power STAB. Some specific notes:
  • I will not veto any Octazooka submissions that retain the accuracy dropping effect (unless the chance is raised) as that is part of the canon move. However, subs that do keep it may struggle.
  • Seed Bomb does not need to be on the same level as Wood Hammer or Power Whip, and I would personally prefer it not be that strong. Seed Bomb's main issue is just that its lack of secondary effect means you don't lost much for going with the more powerful STAB.
_________
The poll for next slate is now open, so go ahead and vote for which moves you want to see altered in Slate 8! You can vote for as many as you want, or stop by the BaM Discord if there's any other slates you want to suggest.
>>> Slate 8 Poll <<<
_________​
Anyways, submitters will have until 0:00 GMT on Wednesday, June 16th, or about one week from now, to post their submissions for the current slate. Make sure you read the general rules in the first post, but otherwise get out there and Bust a Move!

New slate, new subs! Will get to the other moves if I have a good idea for them.

Move Name: Ice Ball
Type:

BP: 75
PP: 20 (max. 32)
Secondary Effect: Increases in power with each consecutive use.
New Users:

Viable Users:

Description: Now becomes an interesting tool for Slush Rush sweepers with a built-in metronome effect, allowing them to snowball (lol) much more easily. As powerful as Icicle Crash on the second use, and caps out at 150 BP after five consecutive turns, which means it’s a great pairing with choice items. I wasn’t afraid to give it the same BP as Ice Punch because of the low distribution.

Thank you for the votes :) (we wont talk about how there were only 2 subs for that one move, Deal? lmao jk)
Ice Ball :sandslash-alola:
Type: Ice
Physical
BP: read ’Secondary Effect’
Secondary Effect: The user rapidly rolls towards the opponent with great force, gathering snow along the way. The faster the user is than the target, the greater the move's power. (Electro Ball Effect)

New Users: :Beartic: / :Arctovish: + :Arctozolt: / :Weavile: / :Glalie: / :Mamoswine: / :kyurem: / :vanilluxe: / :togedemaru:

Viable Users: :beartic: / :Sandslash-alola: / :Arctovish: + :arctozolt: / :weavile: /:Kyurem: (:glalie-mega: but its not in the game :psysad: )

Description: Ice ball works well with slush rush as well as normally fast mons (*cough* :weavile: *cough*) and is a great move to some mon’s arsenal’s

Octozooka :Octillery:
Effected by Mega Launcher/ Effected by Bulletproof
Special
BP: 75
PP: 16 (max 24)
Secondary Effect: The user attacks by spraying ink in the target's face or eyes. This makes secondary effects usless e.g: Iron head cannot flinch anymore (does not effect status moves) (removes when the target switches out)

New users: :Tentacruel: / :Clawitzer: / :Slowbro: / :Malamar: / :Dragalge: / :Jellicent:

Viable: :Tentacruel: / :Clawitzer: / :Jellicent:

Description: Nice move to shut down some strats and shut down some mons

maybe i will do seed bomb? Idk im just out of ideas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)