Pet Mod Burst Wishes

First of all, congratulation to the winners!

I think quagsi's Jellicent has the potential to be the best Burst Pokémon at the moment, if not one of the best. Ghost/Steel + Recovery + Status immunity + Pseudo Dragon resistance is incredible on its own, letting it check powerful Psychic Pokémon like Alakazam and Latios very well. But I imagine Ghost/Grass might be more useful in general. After all, Jellicent would be able to tank Earthquake much better, from the likes of Garchomp and Landorus-T. Moreover, it also resists Water moves. So, Latios, Keldeo, etc. will have a difficult time breaking through this Pokémon. Depending on its EV distribution, Jellicent could also check Electric Pokémon like Thundurus-T or Zapdos.

Rasdanation's Stoutland is pretty cool; its Speed is very nice, allowing it to force out many fast Pokémon. It doesn't look like there are any notable Normal Pokémon in the tier, so, I would love to see Stoutland change that a bit x).

Hematite's Zoroark is pretty interesting; it looks like it comes with a skill cap considering its reliance on a choice item. I imagine any type that allows it to take less damage from Stealth Rock would help it since it's likely going to click U-Turn throughout the match until it finds the right moment to set up. Dark/Fighting seems to have potential as Focus Blast will deal devastating damage to Steel Pokémon trying to tank its Dark moves.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Alright then, next up....
:bw/hydreigon:

Slate 3: Plasma Bosses
The aces of Colress, Zinzolin and Ghetsis need some appropriately dominating Bursts! If possible I'd advise really trying to go for that "big bad boss" feel in their statlines and skillsets.

Last edited:
:bw/Klinklang:
Pokémon: Burst Klinklang
Type Given: Steel
Ability:
Rotation
On switch-in, this Pokémon's Defense or Special Defense is raised by 1 stage based on the weaker combined attacking stat of all opposing Pokémon. Special Defense is raised if their Special Attack is higher, and Defense is raised if their Attack is the same or higher.

Stats
HP:
60 → 75 (+15)
Atk: 100 → 110 (+10)
Def: 115 → 115
SpA:
70 → 30 (-40)
SpD: 85 → 85
Spe:
90 → 105 (+15)

Buffed Move: Gear Grind
Base Power: 50 (100) → 60 (120)
New Effect: If Trick Room is active, the move extends it by three turns.

Description:
1) Flavour
Klinklang is its flavour itself; it rotates its gears. x)

2) Competitive
- Rotation + a secondary type of your choice allow Klinklang to stay longer on the field and set up, thereby rectifying one of its main issues.
- Rotation + a great resistance profile turn Klinklang into quite a good Substitute and / or Magnet Rise user, further easing its ability to set up with Shift Gear.
- A good speed tier ensures you don't have to rely on set-up in order to play Klinklang; with such a great bulk and resistance profile, it should be able to work well with more disruptive options involving Bind, Thunderwave or Toxic.
- Moreover, thanks to its longevity, it might be able to pull off supporting gimmicky sets, such as Giga Impact, Gravity or Trick Room. While Klinklang is quite fast for a Trick Room setter, you do have the option to potentially bring in an attacker of your choice safely via Volt Switch.
:bw/Weavile:
Pokémon: Burst Weavile
Type Given: Ice
Ability:
Pounce
If there are any entry hazards on the user's side, the user jumps over them to avoid their effects, which lowers the Defense of adjacent opposing Pokémon by one stage. (No effect if there are no entry hazards on the user's side.)

Stats
HP:
70 → 70
Atk:
120 → 110 (-10)
Def: 65 → 80 (+15)
SpA: 45 → 30 (-15)
SpD: 85 → 95 (+10)
Spe: 120 → 120

Buffed Move: Ice Shard

Base Power: 40 → 60
New Effect: Priority; user recovers 75% of the damage dealt to the target.

Description:
1) Flavour
Weavile is based on weasels, which typically pounce on their prey with their forefeet.

2) Competitive
- According to the analysis site, Weavile is typically used as a Trapper or lategame cleaner but due to hazards, its frailty, and tough competition from Tyranitar and Scizor, it doesn't see much play at all. Therefore, Pounce removes its hazard issue and enhances its playstyle.
- Weavile has many moves that interact well with its new ability: Assurance, Focus Punch, Fake Out, and Pursuit. If you lower an opposing Pokémon's Defense, you will naturally encourage it to switch out. This is where Assurance and Focus Punch come in; if the new Pokémon switches in to tank the hit and gets hurt by hazards, Assurance will do double damage. Focus Punch is self-explanatory.
- I decided to go for Ice as the given type because the only relevant Ice Pokémon in BW is Kyurem-B, which is pretty sad. Moreover, thanks to Pounce, Weavile is free to go for any new type. There's also the fact that with more Dark Burst Pokémon, the competition will be harder while with Ice, you likely won't have these problems because of how difficult it is to use this type effectively.
- As Weavile punishes and discourages the opponent for setting hazards, it can well support Pokémon that are generally hindered by hazards.
- Ice Shard's new effect gives Weavile improved longevity and references Japanese folklore according to which weasel yokai ride on whirlwind, sucking blood from the wounds they cause.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

"It's bitter cold. I'm shivering. I'm suffering, but I'm alive! It's what the essence of life feels like! It's proof of my existence!" -Zinzolin
Pokemon Name: Weavile
Type Given:

Stats: 70 / 125 (+5) / 75 (+10) / 45 / 85 / 110 (-15) (510 BST)
Ability: Cold Snap: If Hail is active, this Pokemon's Attack is 1.5x but it loses 1/8 max HP per turn (Physical Hail Solar Power).
Buffed Move: Avalanche: 80 BP, neutral priority, +20 BP for every layer of hazards on the user's side
Description: Hail doesn't really have a good high-level user in BW. Let's change that! Under this weather, Weavile-Burst attains a whole new level of firepower for its hard-to-resist Ice STAB while also making use of the new Avalanche to punish the hazard-setters that give its Sun equivalent Charizard so much trouble. The price to pay for all this is a relatively limited secondary type profile and its speed tier being chopped down to the much more crowded 110 alley.

"Come on! Now you'll face ME in battle! I can't wait to see the look on your face when you've lost all hope!" -Ghetsis
Pokemon Name: Hydreigon
Type Given:

Stats: 122 (+30) / 115 (+10) / 85 (-5) / 115 (-10) / 85 (-5) / 78 (-20) (600 BST)
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Buffed Move: Dragon Pulse: 100 BP, damage calculated based on higher offense
Description: In Burst mode, Hydreigon becomes a ruthless late-game tank. What may have seemed like a surefire victory could turn into a nightmare depending on your Burst choice as your opponent struggles to break down your massively heightened bulk while you steadily grind them down with Supreme Overlord-boosted attacks on either side of the offensive spectrum, Roosting away any damage they did deal. The main caveat to all this is the fairly radical stat/role change making you have to carefully weigh what moves and EVs to give the base to best allow it to be useful until the time is right. A high skill floor Burst fit for a true king of Unova!

Last edited:
:bw/klinklang:

Pokemon Name: Klinklang

Type Given: Steel

Stats: 60/110/120/70/90/70

Ability: No Guard

Buffed Move: Shift Gear > Raises speed 2 stages and causes the user's special moves to use defense instead of special attack

Description: Bulky steel type with middling speed greatly boosted by shift gear, it's now able to use its slightly less limited special movepool without having to invest in its special attack. Using special moves does hinder it a bit before bursting but i feel like that balances its pretty strong effect after bursting.

Pokemon Name: Hydreigon

Type Given: Dragon

Stats: 90/100/103/121/90/91

Ability: Merciless

Buffed Move: Dragon Breath > 20 bp, 90% accuracy, triple axel clone, 30% chance to poison the target with each hit

Description: W.I.P.

:bw/Weavile:

Pokemon Name: Weavile

Type Given: Ice

Stats: 75/100/70/45/85/130

Ability: Dark Aura

Buffed Move: Beat Up > 20 bp, Hits one extra time for each healthy ally in the user's party

Description: W.I.P.

Last edited:

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
Klinklang
Type Given
:

Ability: Levitate
Stats: 60 HP / 70 Atk (-30) / 115 Def / 110 SpA (+40) / 85 SpD / 80 Spe (-10) / 520 BST
Buffed Move: Autotomize |
|
| 15/24 PP | Raises the user’s speed by 2 stages and special attack by 1 stage | +0 priority
Description: burst gear guy now checks grounds and can sweep in the lategame with autotomize boosts. Steel/Electric is the obvious type to go for cause of its electric coverage but other options could be used for defensive utility.

:bw/weavile:
Weavile
Type Given
:

Ability: Technician
Stats: 70 HP / 120 Atk / 65 Def / 45 SpA / 85 SpD / 125 Spe / 510 BST
Buffed Move: Ice Punch |
|
| 15/24 PP | 60 BP | 100% acc | Removes the target’s item | +0 priority
Description: this Burst weavile is just weavile but stronger cause of technician and able to spread the knock off effect like it does in later gens.

might add drei later if i get an idea

Last edited:
Pokémon Name: Hydreigon
Type Given:

Ability: Sheer Force
Stats: 92 / 105 / 90 / 125 / 120 / 68 [600 BST]
Buffed Move: Draco Meteor - 75 BP - 33% Recoil, +1 Priority
Description: Annihilation is back from 2-Step Mons, taking the form of Hydreigon’s Burst Draco Meteor. Typically in BW OU slower Dragons have are pretty unviable due to Dragon typically being such a prominent offensive type. However, with Burst Draco Meteor, Burst Hydreigon gains a revenge-killing took & way to scare Draco-Meteor nukes. Sheer Force allows Hydreigon to focus itself as more of a tank without having to worry about residual damage from its typical choice in Life Orb. Probably subject to change, still want to tune up this idea a bit more

Pokemon Name: Klinklang
Given Type:

Ability: Transistor - This Pokemon's offensive stat is multiplied by 1.5 while using an Electric-type attack.
Stats: 60 / 115 (+15) / 100 (-15) / 110 (+40) / 65 (-20) / 70 (-20) (BST 520)
Buffed Move: Charge Beam - 70 BP - 100% chance to raise user's Atk and SpA by 1.
Description: Becomes a real mixed attacker with the ability to take advantage of its wide Electric-type movepool, and it still has Wild Charge on the physical spectrum, while being extremely frail with its typing and low SpD. The ability to become a mixed attacker hasn't ever been explored really, so helping with other bonuses than just EVs can be useful. Using Shift Gear and then Burst Charge Beam you're already at +2 Atk and +1 SpA (and +2 Spe), with the help of Transistor you can already fire off some strong Thunderbolt or similar, while still being very strong physically thanks to Gear Grind. This kinda binds it to receive the Electric type (Colress could be an alternative avatar give it that type), but if you manage to use Hidden Power, you can even take advantage of a triple STAB alternative.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
It is my pleasure to announce that Yung Dramps has been shot and killed. The current slate is cancelled. Now, it's time to make this a REAL pet mod by slating an actually GOOD Pokemon.

Slate #006: Charizard
He got 2 Mega Evolutions, he got a Gigantamax, so it's only appropriate that we'd rewrite the timeline to give our beautiful orange boy even more of the love he deserves. The scenario is thus: You are walking across the Driftveil Drawbridge, better known by its true name of the Charizard Bridge. You hear that wonderful title and dream of seeing him yourself one day to no avail. And then it happens. The great fire lizard lands in front of you, spreading his magnificent wings and his tail flame burning as bright as the heavens themselves as he kneels and gives you a box containing a sparkling red Burst Heart, humbly requesting to be your latest and greatest Pokemon partner. Of course you accept this, for you recognize Charizard's supremacy. The only question is therefore what you would like this Burst form to be like?

Standard submission rules apply. By midnight, I will choose the winner based entirely on personal preference, for I am your king and your god.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
1680367253202.png

charizard
dragon
ability: true dragon (immune to dragon and fairy, dragon moves have 3x power)
88/140/121/140/95/110
outrage: 150 bp , burns the opponent
no descripiton neded

Pokemon Name: Charizard
Type Given: Dragon
Stats: 74/4/78/159/115/100
Ability: Dragon Fire: All fire type moves become dragon type with a 1.5x power boost, pokemon weak to fire still take super effective damage
Buffed Move: Blast Burn > Can't miss, no longer needs recharge, deals 2x damage if this move was used the last turn
Description: Dragon Deez Nu-

Last edited:
:bw/charizard:
Pokémon Name: Charizard (Burst Form B)
Type Given:

Ability: Mold Breaker
Stats: 100 / 43 / 120 / 1 / 120 / 150 [534 BST]
Buffed Move: Flare Blitz - OHKO's the enemy and the next Pokemon to switch in
Description: Charizard is back. Being the faovrite pokemon of smol indie company gam frek, Charizard deserves a lot of love. Charizard is a wall so I thought it could use a 100% accuracy OHKO move to support its playstyle.

Pokémon Name: Charizard (Burst Form W)
Type Given:

Ability: Gale Wings (Gen 6 ver.)
Stats: 100 / -76 / 120 / 120 / 120 - 1 / 150 [900 BST]
Buffed Move: Roost - Revives the entire team, restores self to max hp
Description: Charizard is so underrated it needs not only 1 burst form but 2. I couldn't make it strong enough with only 534 BST so I gave it -76 atk to achieve optimal stats.

More sbus to come probably

carizard
car form

is secret

Last edited:

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
1680367983657.png

Pokemon Name: Charisard
Type Given: Fairy
Stats: 58/44/58/139/115/120
Ability: Flaming (Fairy-type moves are now Fire-type and deal 2x damage to Pokemon with the same gender)
Buffed Move: Submission (Move is now Fairy-type, Special, 100 BP, after hitting the target now takes 200 HP damage every turn until the battle is over)
Description: Charizard has finally come out of the closetand accepted his homosexuality please support him <3

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Pokémon Name: Charizard (Burst Form 3)
Type Given:

Ability: Download
Stats: 160 / 133 / 78 / 111 / 49 / 3 (534 BST)
Buffed Move: Thunder Punch: 90 BP, maxes out user's Speed stat
Description: BW3 Leak (REAL)

Last edited:
:bw/typhlosion:
Pokemon Name: Charizrard
Type Given: ???
Ability: totally Epic (quadruples all stats and has the effect of wonder gaurd (??? type is immune to every type!!!!)
Stats: 529 / 1 / 1 / 1 / 1 / 1 (534 BST)
Buffed Move: Belly Drum (maxes out every stat and playes epic music!!1111)
Description: bit underpowered sorry

Last edited:
:ryb;chairzard:
chairzird
turns the other guy intoa fairy/fiGhting
pissa tewer
causes you to win the game!!!!!!!!
200/130/130/69/69/200/200/111/360
glavial alnce
hax othr persanz computor and makes them give yu freee robux! sunglass emoji
charbnicard is a cooll gui

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
charizard-megay (1).gif

Pokemon Name: Charizard
Type Given: Fire
Stats: 69/13/121/221/109/1 [BST:534]
Ability: Flaming Overlord (When the opponent does any move or takes damage (this is before the opponent/user attacks), the user cannot be damaged. Cannot be bypassed by Mold Breaker or removed by other means and the user can bypass any means, even if it can't. :)
Buffed Move: Fire Blast, Special, When Flaming Overlord is in play, this Pokemon deals double damage to the target and ignores resistances and immunities and puts as neutral (opponent takes double damage too)
Description: This slate seems to be fun

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Excellent work, everyone! I proudly declare the winner, the glorious herald of Lord Charizard to be-
Alright, enough of that. Sorry, my evil twin Yung Turts locked me in his basement to pull whatever this stunt was. As compensation, I'll give you all an extra 24 hours to get your Plasma Bosses submissions in!

winner was alba btw i stan gayzard

Surprised there aren't any votes so far. Anyway, below, my votes.
1. Lepton
2. jazzmat
3. BlueRay
:bw/weavile:
1. jazzmat
2. BlueRay
3. Lepton
:bw/Hydreigon:
1. jazzmat
2. Yung Dramps
3. Rasdanation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)