Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Toxic

Aggron: As one of the premier wall breakers of the tier, Aggron's role is to break through the enemy team with the combination of Head Smash and Heavy Slam stab. Aqua Tail is coverage to deal with ground and fire types. Superpower is picked over Earthquake to deal with bulkier dark types and to hit normal types harder.

Lyconroc: The Z move user and late game sweeper of the team, Lyconroc utilizes it's priority and access to swords dance to clean games once it's checks and counters are removed. Stone Edge with Lyconium Z allows it to ohko many of the tiers threats at +2 with Drill Run to deal with opposing rock and steel types.

Eelektross: A slow pivoting option with Volt switch and knock off support. Eelektross acts as a catch all defensive check for the team and the primary answer to Quagsire. Flamethrower gives Eelektross a bit of extra coverage for the tier.

Golurk: Acting as the teams Stealth Rocker, Offensive Golurk is able to get rocks on the field while also threatening other leads and setters. EQ stabs combined with Iron Fist boosted Shadow and Ice Punch allows the best coverage possible for the tiers known leads and switch ins.

Gurdurr: A bulk up breaker/sweeper... Gurdurr does a similar job to Lyconroc with increased bulk and added support via knock off. Gurdurr is meant to act more as a tank and status absorber thanks to Guts and access to Eviolite.

Silvally-Ghost: Silvally-Ghost combines the roles of spinblocker and defogger alongside parting shot support to help set up the sweep for Gurdurr and/or Lyconroc. Shadow Ball stab also helps deal with opposing ghost and psychic types... The latter which threat Gurdurr.

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello ExoGrim,

I know you were really looking forward to a response and I am sorry it took a while. I was waiting for the metagame to settle after the last tier shift and then we had the Guzzlord suspect test so I also waited for that to be over with to see what direction I should go in while rating this. Your team building skills are defiantly improving it looks like a pretty nice offensive Rock-type spam team. I don't see too many weaknesses just a pretty big one to Gurdurr which can be remedied without much hassle. Using Aggron to break for Lycanroc does work as they have a lot of overlap between checks Quagsire can be a bit of a pain for your team, but you do have an Eelektross to help you there so it's a winnable match-up for sure.

Pokemon Changes:

--->

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

Gurdurr isn't the worst choice of Pokemon here as it does help to pivot into Normal-types as your team struggles with Kangaskhan a touch. I feel having a revenge killer in this slot helps you a touch more as your team is very slow outside of Lycanroc and was very vulnerable to Nasty Plot Alolan Persian. Primeape pairs well with Lycanroc and Aggron as it can clean up after some wallbreaking has been done. It also threatens Steel-types like Ferroseed and can gain momentum on them. Between Golurk and Primeape you have a good mu against other Lycanroc teams which is really nice as well, you see Lycanroc offense pretty regularly.

--->

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost

Silvally-Ghost as your Defogger left you very open to Gurdurr. I was thinking an easy fix was to just replace it with Silvally-Fairy, but upon furthur thinking I don't think that is the best pick ether. Swanna helps with Gurdurr alot, it also actually threatens Regirock so it can Defog on Regirock much better then Silvally. I think the biggest reason you would need Swanna here is to actually threaten Mudsdale as Eelektross was your only real way of dealing significant damage to it before, now between Swanna and Eelektross I feel you have a much better match-up against Mudsdale. In match-ups against Gurdurr and Mudsdale you want to play Swanna very wisely as it is your key to winning, you can try to chip Mudsdale and Gurdurr down but between Drain Punch and Figy Berry respectively it is an uphill challenge, now you have a way of switching in and threatening both.

Set Changes:

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Aqua Tail ---> Double-Edge
- Superpower ---> Fire Punch

Double Edge is your strongest attack against Gastrodon as it does not receive the attack drop that Superpower does. you actually can force Gastrodon to stay in +2 Splintered Stormshards range by repeatedly clicking Double Edge which is really cool for Lycanroc. It also does over half to non physically defensive Poliwrath which is also really cool. Fire Punch hits Metang harder then Superpower but not as hard as Earthquake, this is used to hit both Metang and Ferroseed which your team very much appreciates.

Team Changes <-- Click for importable.

Hello ExoGrim,

I know you were really looking forward to a response and I am sorry it took a while. I was waiting for the metagame to settle after the last tier shift and then we had the Guzzlord suspect test so I also waited for that to be over with to see what direction I should go in while rating this. Your team building skills are defiantly improving it looks like a pretty nice offensive Rock-type spam team. I don't see too many weaknesses just a pretty big one to Gurdurr which can be remedied without much hassle. Using Aggron to break for Lycanroc does work as they have a lot of overlap between checks Quagsire can be a bit of a pain for your team, but you do have an Eelektross to help you there so it's a winnable match-up for sure.

Pokemon Changes:

--->

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

Gurdurr isn't the worst choice of Pokemon here as it does help to pivot into Normal-types as your team struggles with Kangaskhan a touch. I feel having a revenge killer in this slot helps you a touch more as your team is very slow outside of Lycanroc and was very vulnerable to Nasty Plot Alolan Persian. Primeape pairs well with Lycanroc and Aggron as it can clean up after some wallbreaking has been done. It also threatens Steel-types like Ferroseed and can gain momentum on them. Between Golurk and Primeape you have a good mu against other Lycanroc teams which is really nice as well, you see Lycanroc offense pretty regularly.

--->

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost

Silvally-Ghost as your Defogger left you very open to Gurdurr. I was thinking an easy fix was to just replace it with Silvally-Fairy, but upon furthur thinking I don't think that is the best pick ether. Swanna helps with Gurdurr alot, it also actually threatens Regirock so it can Defog on Regirock much better then Silvally. I think the biggest reason you would need Swanna here is to actually threaten Mudsdale as Eelektross was your only real way of dealing significant damage to it before, now between Swanna and Eelektross I feel you have a much better match-up against Mudsdale. In match-ups against Gurdurr and Mudsdale you want to play Swanna very wisely as it is your key to winning, you can try to chip Mudsdale and Gurdurr down but between Drain Punch and Figy Berry respectively it is an uphill challenge, now you have a way of switching in and threatening both.

Set Changes:

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Aqua Tail ---> Double-Edge
- Superpower ---> Fire Punch

Double Edge is your strongest attack against Gastrodon as it does not receive the attack drop that Superpower does. you actually can force Gastrodon to stay in +2 Splintered Stormshards range by repeatedly clicking Double Edge which is really cool for Lycanroc. It also does over half to non physically defensive Poliwrath which is also really cool. Fire Punch hits Metang harder then Superpower but not as hard as Earthquake, this is used to hit both Metang and Ferroseed which your team very much appreciates.

Team Changes <-- Click for importable.
sorry for the late reply... but thanks for the continued help :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)