ORAS Doubles OU Bulky Char-y is goood..hyperoffense

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey guys, so after a long time posting a rmt, all of my rmts have been trick room till now, so i now wanted to try out something out of it. Man, what else than charizard, everyones childhood fav. So, here we go about it. peaked at 4 with Elo 1684.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Okay, so first let me tell you some defensive perks, at full health survives scarfed lando rock slide, double edge from mega kanga. Also i didnt invest on speed much since i isnt going to outspeed many of is threats, so it helps again investing on bulk. Heatwave and solarbeam are standards, so is protect.
But, the move which has helped me most is hp ground, it punishes those who like to slap a heatran against char-y. Though it outright doesnt ohko it, but does enough..70 percent to specially defensive one. And to hit against rocks i already have solarbeam..so i dont think focus blast is viable with its low accuracy. as far as tyranitar is concerned i have other members for it.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard
- Protect
Next member has such good synergy with char-y as a lead with quick guard against kanga and talonflame .close combat is a beast of a move, outright koes kanga, ferro, heatran and devastates those which get hit neutrally, rock slide is more of a utility move. Quick is cool to have and protect as it is quite frail.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
Since with terra, i amaased a huge sylveon, garde weakness..so who better to counter than God's greatest gift to man..I just went with standard quiet slash with weakness policy..shadow ball and flash cannon are stabs and wide guard is so helpful with all those heatwave, hypervoice, rock slides going around, and has excellent synergy with char-y and terra.

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 204 HP / 108 Def / 134 SpA / 42 SpD / 20 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Now to counter spore users and bulky waters like suicune, next we have bulky thundy. Thunderwave is so good to have some speed control against those dd or quiver dance users. t-bolt is obvious stab and evs are so that hp ice just koes scarfed lando a little threat for me. Overall, defensive investments allow to take a double edge from kanga, 3 rock slides from lando after sitrus recovery.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock
Believe specs sylveon is op..hyper voice is super spammable, it is so powerful takes about 90 percent of health from tyran. under sand, you know destroys stuff. hyper beam is just a one shot move for anything, it actually koes most of the meta. Best move now comes, hp ground it flat koes heatran, thats what makes her so good. psyshock is just for amoongus and mega venu.Since you are going to spam, hyper voice anyways why not make it a powerful.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 52 Atk / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Meteor Mash
- Superpower
Finally i thought i need some good speedy attacker, i went for keldeo at first but then magic happened he is so powerful koes most of the meta with a psycho boost, extreme speed at his attack is excellent priority and allows you play mind games with mega kanga who otherwise outright koes this thing. meteor mash is really good surprise move ..koes diancie , sylveon and superpower to ko tyranitar and hydreigon. He has saved me so many times, he is really a mvp of my team.

I know its been a long thread, but actually really want some help,
my team doesnt have a single water type, which sometimes is a concern, specially in tr teams with mega camerupt, otherwise that doesnt actually bother me much.
Also except char-y and sylvi, i am open to changes for everyone else/. give it a go..it is fun actually

Attachments

It's almost weird to see Sun teams without a venusaur. I've noticed your thundurus somewhat does the same things, but You'd be very talon weak, so Keeping it is fine.

Regarding any changes regarding the team, I personnally use 48 Hp / 200 Def / 252 SpAtk / 8 Spe Sylveon . This still has the same Tankiness, but trades that heavy Spdef bulk for almost taking an adamant kanga return from full which is actually very useful.252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 48 HP / 200 Def Sylveon: 292-343 (85.1 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
also:
252 Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 48 HP / 200 Def Sylveon: 278-330 (81 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Try shadow ball sometimes on it as well, to not get aegiboped

Your team doesnt really appreciate an aegislash to face, so u might wanna try knock off instead of meteor mash on deoxys. U also might want protect so u dont just sack it to a fake out.

Regarding tr Match ups, Maybe try changing guick guard to taunt on terrakion so u can rely less on thudurus. Your team seems to basicly rely on overpowering opponents and setters, which doesnt work too much with fake out on their side. Maybe try something wild like hoopa-u insteada deoxys.

Gl !

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
I can't see how a team can have a bad tr matchup with qg+taunt, aegi, and sylv.

That said, deo should have protect>meteor mash. Your fairy matchup is fine cause of aegi, and diancie gets ohkod by psycho boost anyway. Oh also you only need 132 spa to ohko 44 hp lando with psycho boost, the rest can go into attack.

The worst matchup for your team I can see is lando+diancie+tran. They all really exploit the weaknesses of non venu sun, but it's still playable, you'll just be at a sizable disadvantage.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
but quick guard actually help char-y a lot..and also i dont have a prob with tr, just specifically mega cam as i dont have a water type..i could have a venu on my team, but who should i replace with , obvious answer comes deoxys, but then since i dont have much speed control, outside sun my team becomes really slow, and i also dont have the luxury of one hit koeing lando-t, biggest threat to my team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)