Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't screenshot, no space, but I was quickly testing if goldenrod was bulky enough to survive a super-effective hit (it was so it'll work on my team) but when I tapped steel beam it acted like I didn't tap anything and made the timer run out
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9almostanyability-1978189585
I even backed out of it and retapped it multiple times but it still didn't work

Edit: It autocorrected gholdengo to goldenrod and I'm keeping that because that's really funny

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Couldn't screenshot, no space, but I was quickly testing if goldenrod was bulky enough to survive a super-effective hit (it was so it'll work on my team) but when I tapped steel beam it acted like I didn't tap anything and made the timer run out
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9almostanyability-1978189585
I even backed out of it and retapped it multiple times but it still didn't work

Edit: It autocorrected gholdengo to goldenrod and I'm keeping that because that's really funny
Could be the bug ppl running into rn where it bugs out and you can’t battle

Hello, Teambuilder works on my phone and computer but not my personal laptop when i type in the search bar. it says initializing done and stays that way. any ideas what i can do? my Laptop is up to date and have closed and reset computer already.

When you try to use /ds pivot,zrecovery, it says that the search included 'zrecovery' more than once, which I think is because the move Teleport is both a pivot and zrecovery move.

I’m getting some kind of glitch where I can’t select any options after starting a battle. It literally just doesn’t display the buttons. I tried reloading, closing the tab and reopening it in a new tab. It was working fine yesterday so idk what’s wrong.
Same exact thing happened to me across multiple different Showdown clients and on all formats including Draft Tiers and Ranbats. I even tried multiple different browsers but didnt work on either Chrome or Edge. Weirdly enough it did work on my phone on Safari

Attachments

Just made an account to report the same "stuck in battle" bug reported in this thread, but adding on a bit more of a detail to help with troubleshooting. This is what the console shows when the battle starts:
1698548215809.png
I'm assuming these errors are relevant to the bug.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
For anyone experiencing the bug where you are stuck on the wrong POV (spectator when your a player or similar):

Perform a hard refresh (ctrl+f5 or equivalent for your browser, google it if you don't know) / clear your browser cache. The issue is client side and is fixed, but your browser (in an attempt to speed up load times) is using old code which has the bug. As WatermelonSugar kindly shows there, the error in that log (setPoV not being a function) clearly indicates you have an outdated client. Hard refreshing/clearing cache is the solution to the issue.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
If you mark a metagame as favorite, go into laddering of a metagame with random teams (Battle Factory, RandBats etc) then you get hit with the "select a team" instead of whatever is at the top of your builder. Comparison below.
1698573735092.png
1698573780915.png

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
I have been experiencing a bug lately where team preview shows me having my opponents team and vice versa(it still works normally though, the bug is entirely visual). I didnt take a screenshot, but there is a screenshot of the same bug in the post directly above mine.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Sheer Force doesn't seem to trigger with the shared power mod. (Life Orb damage still takes effect). I witnessed this mostly with Random Battle Mayhem, but given that format is simply randbats with mods, I assume the problem is with the mod rather than the individual format

Sheer Force doesn't seem to trigger with the shared power mod. (Life Orb damage still takes effect). I witnessed this mostly with Random Battle Mayhem, but given that format is simply randbats with mods, I assume the problem is with the mod rather than the individual format
Sheer Force only affects moves with secondary effects, you will still take Life Orb recoil damage if you don't use a move with a secondary effect. Just to make sure, though, here's a replay where Life Orb recoil damage is negated: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randombattlemayhem-1979631555. (Ignore the turns of me switching around, I switched to Pokémon with Life Orb but without any moves with secondary effects.)

Hi - I have noticed that Court Change consistently results in a visual bug where the number of spikes or even the presence of stealth rock is not correctly visually displayed on each side. I can't seem to show this in a replay as the replay will show the correct number of spikes. However, if you play a game, set stealth rock and immediately Court Change, you should see rocks on both sides when they should only be on the opponent's side.

Based on the (vague on weather or not the report has been considered) response in my suggestion thread, I'll post this here:

Moves that could be learned by a pokémon in a past gen, but not in gen 9 are marked as "can learn" by the /learn command. Example:

I figured this was intentional for Natdex and such, but was told it is a straight up bug. It is possible to tell whether or not it's lying based on it saying "only from previous gens", so there's at least consistency, but it is confusing a lot of people and it is getting annoying to explain it.

Hey there,
So i've been having an issue for the past few days where i can't join the games i start.
Everytime i start one , i just stay on the front page and i got the indication that a game has started.
But if i click on the game, i just game the front page loading indifinitaly.
Has this bug happened before.

PS: i don't play on a browser, but only from the Showdown app we can download for Microsoft

Attachments

aQrator

Have a good day!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Report from the help room: When using a shiny Arceus forme (other than Arceus-Normal) in a battle, it does not show up as shiny for the opponent. I am not sure if this is deliberate or not.

1698849876905.png
1698849919908.png

Report from the help room: When using a shiny Arceus forme (other than Arceus-Normal) in a battle, it does not show up as shiny for the opponent. I am not sure if this is deliberate or not.

Checking the sprite index, it would appear that all the shiny Arceus front sprites (except base form) in the ani-shiny directory are just copies of the regular ones. So not so much a bug as an oversight.

The interaction between Curse and Pressure is coded incorrectly in ADV. As you can see about 8 hours and 20 minutes into LRXC 's most recent stream (LRXC's Suicune will be battling a Registeel) it can be seen that Suicune's Pressure does effect Registeel's Curse PP, where on PS, Pressure does not affect Curse. We believe that this is because Curse can target the opposing Pokemon under certain circumstances, so it becomes effected by Pressure under all circumstances. I do not know if there is a similar error in other generations.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The interaction between Curse and Pressure is coded incorrectly in ADV. As you can see about 8 hours and 20 minutes into LRXC 's most recent stream (LRXC's Suicune will be battling a Registeel) it can be seen that Suicune's Pressure does effect Registeel's Curse PP, where on PS, Pressure does not affect Curse. We believe that this is because Curse can target the opposing Pokemon under certain circumstances, so it becomes effected by Pressure under all circumstances. I do not know if there is a similar error in other generations.
Someone looked at this more closely on cart, and noticed that this interaction is asymmetrical. If the player is facing an AI mon with Pressure and uses non-ghost Curse, it depletes only 1 PP. If the AI is facing a player mon with Pressure and uses non-ghost Curse, it depletes 2. There should be further investigation for link battles specifically to verify what happens in pvp for the purposes of Showdown.

Someone looked at this more closely on cart, and noticed that this interaction is asymmetrical. If the player is facing an AI mon with Pressure and uses non-ghost Curse, it depletes only 1 PP. If the AI is facing a player mon with Pressure and uses non-ghost Curse, it depletes 2. There should be further investigation for link battles specifically to verify what happens in pvp for the purposes of Showdown.
Huh, I wasn't aware they'd kept doing asymmetrical interactions with the ai all the way into Gen 3. Do we know if there's any of them in later generations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)